Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Clan Owned Gear

True to a point I guess yea, it depends on your server and your clan. Our clan has a clan-wide vote on new members. So someone can be vetoed before they even get through the door. If someone comes in who is an ass they can be kicked and you never have to boss with them again.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

Just to slide my experience with selling gear and or returning. I left Resurgence (who had the no gear selling rule obviously as like, every eg clan does) on relatively bad terms, eh eh bad relations with chief etc, disagreements, don’t rlly care now. But i left the clan without returning any of my gear. I actually sold most of it to xfer, aka all my non warrior gear. (219 ranger, 190 rogue). I believe what you earn in clan is yours, and you have the right to do whatever you want with it. Althoufh there are some people who deserve some of the stuff u may have gotten over them, and idk, they could earn it and just as every server sees, some people r just hella flipping unlucky with drops.
So i opted to give some of my extra tank gear to a good friend in Res saying its his to do whatever with. Didn’t rlly care what he did with it as long as he didn’t feel obligated to return cuz it was from clan. (He didn’t return it). So do i think all your gear is yours? Yes by all means. But if u know people who are genuine non-backstabbing nubs who are people you treat as a decent human and vice versa, unlike those who treat people like trash, i feel like they deserve something if you beat them at gear or luck. Not every case or scenario will see it but PotatoWhale on Arawn most definitely deserves some better gear (his gear isn’t bad by any means btw) but A+ to u m8. Idk point is, your gear is yours even after you leave clan :lol: long tangents hooray
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

It really shouldn't come down to whether a player believes they should or shouldn't give the gear back. If you join a clan that has rules that require you to give heat back if you leave, you give the gear back. If you don't agree with those rules, then don't join the clan. Otherwise you're just being a dishonest person by joining a clan and agreeing to the rules but not intending to follow through with what you agreed to.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

It really shouldn't come down to whether a player believes they should or shouldn't give the gear back. If you join a clan that has rules that require you to give heat back if you leave, you give the gear back. If you don't agree with those rules, then don't join the clan. Otherwise you're just being a dishonest person by joining a clan and agreeing to the rules but not intending to follow through with what you agreed to.
It shouldn't come down to people being treated so bad that they feel the need to leave a server, not to mention their clan... but it does so no its not being dishonest, it happens and as clannies, people have just as much of an effect on that players decisionas the player who's leaving, never seen anyone quit and sell all their gear to xfer when they lived their clan and server.

The way the game is heading is making it near impossible for new clans to grow and be able to compete for end game items. With all godly gear at lvl220 and the lock penalty gone, the new gear which in theory was supposed to help push clans away from lower lvl bosses has made it easier for them to further monopolise (someone like 230 was saying with his eg gear he can lock mordris just as well as a locker) since spawn times are so long. And all additions have been added to build up on each other. So to kill Dino, people should have a bunch of BT stuff, etc. I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, I'm just describing what is happening. Opportunities to help those outside of Dom clans were severely overlooked imo, for example VR neglected to add any new lux items this update. So how does this relate to the OP? While it is true that in theory it would be in your right to tell someone, if you don't like the clan rules of returning gear, go find another clan or go solo; in reality on many servers that translates to if you don't like the clan rules, you can accept the fact you would not have access to lots of the higher level gear while playing in a different clan or leave the server, for the reasons I explained above. Based on the dynamics of the way servers have delevoped into, it is not as simple as don't join our clan if you expect the gear you earn with points to belong to you. Now that does not necessarily excuse someone for joining a clan for gear and expecting to keep the items should they leave, but there are reasons behind such actions and expectations.

It shouldn't come down to people being treated so bad that they feel the need to leave a server, not to mention their clan... but it does so no its not being dishonest, it happens and as clannies, people have just as much of an effect on that players decisionas the player who's leaving, never seen anyone quit and sell all their gear to xfer when they lived their clan and server.
exactly right. Very few of the people who leave a clan with gear leave because they want to sell the gear. Most leave because the clan gets toxic after a falling out with members/leaders or you are no longer happy with the clan and the way that they run things.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

The way the game is heading is making it near impossible for new clans to grow and be able to compete for end game items. With all godly gear at lvl220 and the lock penalty gone, the new gear which in theory was supposed to help push clans away from lower lvl bosses has made it easier for them to further monopolise (someone like 230 was saying with his eg gear he can lock mordris just as well as a locker) since spawn times are so long. And all additions have been added to build up on each other. So to kill Dino, people should have a bunch of BT stuff, etc. I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, I'm just describing what is happening. Opportunities to help those outside of Dom clans were severely overlooked imo, for example VR neglected to add any new lux items this update. So how does this relate to the OP? While it is true that in theory it would be in your right to tell someone, if you don't like the clan rules of returning gear, go find another clan or go solo; in reality on many servers that translates to if you don't like the clan rules, you can accept the fact you would not have access to lots of the higher level gear while playing in a different clan or leave the server, for the reasons I explained above. Based on the dynamics of the way servers have delevoped into, it is not as simple as don't join our clan if you expect the gear you earn with points to belong to you. Now that does not necessarily excuse someone for joining a clan for gear and expecting to keep the items should they leave, but there are reasons behind such actions and expectations.
+1000

exactly right. Very few of the people who leave a clan with gear leave because they want to sell the gear. Most leave because the clan gets toxic after a falling out with members/leaders or you are no longer happy with the clan and the way that they run things.
Actually when i was in my own clan on Arawn STILL HAVEIMG NOT SOLD MY GEAR AFTER OVER A YEAR (very important) uh the top clan and feeder were saying i left the clan strictly to sell gear, and alot of people actually believed that propoganda, even tho most never just, idk, looked at my toons.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

Thats where both of u are 100% right.

Yes, u can say "I think this gear is mine, I earned it", and trash talk dom clans for being greedy or unfair, but u read the rules and said "I agree", u breaking them is u being a dishonest person. Its ok if ud ont like the rules, if u dont agree with them, but if u join knowingly that this is what they are, whether u feel forced or not (which u arent forced, theres 19 servers with multiple different playstyles, well developed forums and enough time to figure out if this isnt for u) then u follow the rules as they are, its ur fault in the end for being a dishonest person, whether the rules were perfect or awful.

Ppl who join a clan and enjoy it for years (even ppl here who claim they disliked the players but Im quite familiar with the history of them in their ex-servers) and then whatever happens and u dont like it anymore or gradually u dont enjoy as much, dont claim u were forced to join or u had no choice, that is just never the case. No one is forcing u to join anywhere or agree to anything and as long as competition is done fairly dont complain.

That said, if a player leaves (yes even if he didnt return the gear), theres no need to harass him. Its ok to be angry if u feel betrayed/backstabbed (yes its allowed for players in dom clans to have feelings too towards ppl who leave the clan, it doesnt mean its out of ill reasons) and if u feel it was something u liked/looked up to or someone who pretended to love clan only to receive drops (which is essentially what ur doing if ur joining "against ur will"), dont harass them. On the other hand, those ppl who leave clans (namely many of the players who commented on this thread), leave the clans and servers u played on alone. U didnt get along, u didnt like them, why are u harassing them or talking unfathomable of them across servers and forums if u dont like it being done to u? Wouldnt u agree @elfylolz that while the clan shouldnt harass, the ex-clannie shouldnt either? We need to not have double standards and hypocrisy.

Long story short, dont agree to the rules u think u might break, dont complain if u broke rules and ppl's trust and they are frustrated with ur actions (not only u have feelings just cus ur no longer in dom clan), dont be a dishonest person and everything will be fine. And more than all, dont harass. Doesnt matter if ur the dom clan angry at the player who left u, or the player who left angry at the dom clan. It goes both ways.

EDIT: Oh and, accept that sometimes u might be the problem and not the clan. If ur a player who constantly has issues with leaderships of multiple clans, u might be the toxic/unplesant ones and thats why u have been slowly rejected out after constantly acting so. In the end, if ur just unpleasant and not the clan, the clan wont want to be around u either. Its more than normal to accept that NOT EVERYTHING IS LEADERSHIP/DOM CLANS' FAULT BUT ALSO URS. Ty.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

You’re forced to join a clan if you want good gear, even if you really don’t like the people in there. Biggest flaw of dom/competitive servers. Drama waiting to happen. Not saying there isn’t drama on servers like Epona because there is, but atleast I’m not forced to be under the same clan as them if I want to progress
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge