Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

DoTs are so bad that if....

you have more than 2 dps druids at a raid you are gonna lose on dps because they will keep overcasting each other on vines/bees.

Add a 3rd druid to the mixture and its possible that vines and bees aren’t even ticking at all because of constant recasting lmao.

And having one druid cast dots while others stick to LS and ST is stupid cuz u might as just well just play a mage and get more dmg from attunes.

Going melee is even more dumb im not gonna bother explaining why.

Seriously, fix DoTs for druids already. Dpsing as a druid is a joke if more than 1 is present.

Re: DoTs are so bad that if....

they wont but i god want this added.

there is little point having 2+ caster druids at a raid its a waste of their time

imo this should apply to all classes

we wouldnt be complaining about overpowered bosses if we had a dot system that made sense

u know, u can stab someone more than once
have more than a group of bees
set fire to more than one place
stick a barbed arrow in more than one place
heavily strike in more than one place

you have more than 2 dps druids at a raid you are gonna lose on dps because they will keep overcasting each other on vines/bees.

Add a 3rd druid to the mixture and its possible that vines and bees aren’t even ticking at all because of constant recasting lmao.

And having one druid cast dots while others stick to LS and ST is stupid cuz u might as just well just play a mage and get more dmg from attunes.

Seriously, fix DoTs for druids already. Dpsing as a druid is a joke if more than 1 is present.
Maaannnn I've been fighting for this for years dude :lol: that would make Sooooo many more skills viable for raiding. It's insane how dots can't stack yet. Druids are screwed the most. But you have to think about even warriors. Rupture is their like best dps skill(depending on pummel gear) and only 2 warriors can really run it at a raid. Honestly I don't know OTM or VR has fixed this yet. You have raids that require 20-40 people BUT only want 1-2 dps druids and cancel out a lot of dps? Nahs messed up IMO. I think they should add like 20% hp to 6* bosses to even it out so bosses don't become 5 minute raids.

This also has an effect on me as an endgame rogue. One of our best dps skills is rend if you run high strength. You can have multiple rogues run that skill. It hits as fast as 1 auto plus has extra dmg? Yes please. But if someone with lvl 45 rend can't even use if someone hotswaps for lvl 50. At the time when this decision to not stack DoTs you only needed like 8-10 people to kill bosses. So it wasn't a huge deal. Now we need 40+ for Gele/Bloodthorn for a smooth kill. Some servers get 70 I've heard. That's wild.

The game has evolved and so should some of the mechanics.

Make DoTs great again! Stack them! Update all the little stuff before we move onto new content. So much needs to be updated and changed before new content.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Maaannnn I've been fighting for this for years dude :lol: that would make Sooooo many more skills viable for raiding. It's insane how dots can't stack yet. Druids are screwed the most. But you have to think about even warriors. Rupture is their like best dps skill(depending on pummel gear) and only 2 warriors can really run it at a raid. Honestly I don't know OTM or VR has fixed this yet. You have raids that require 20-40 people BUT only want 1-2 dps druids and cancel out a lot of dps? Nahs messed up IMO. I think they should add like 20% hp to 6* bosses to even it out so bosses don't become 5 minute raids.

This also has an effect on me as an endgame rogue. One of our best dps skills is rend if you run high strength. You can have multiple rogues run that skill. It hits as fast as 1 auto plus has extra dmg? Yes please. But if someone with lvl 45 rend can't even use if someone hotswaps for lvl 50. At the time when this decision to not stack DoTs you only needed like 8-10 people to kill bosses. So it wasn't a huge deal. Now we need 40+ for Gele/Bloodthorn for a smooth kill. Some servers get 70 I've heard. That's wild.

Make DoTs great again! Stack them! Update all the little stuff before we move onto new content. So much needs to be updated and changed before new content.
Tbh at this point I wouldn’t mind vines and bees get the rend treatment; impact dmg and ticks faster for less dmg, but same dmg outcome per cast. It’s still better than what we have here, but that solution is like the best of the worse.

I would really like to hear what devs think about this as i have never seen a red name talks about the matter.

I did some digging through the last few threads on this topic (there have been many...), and the only official answer I've found was this, back in December of 2017:
Changing DOTs to stack would unfortunately require significant re balancing of skill damage and boss HP.

It has been something discussed previously in the office but with no significant time put towards it.

May be something we look into in the future.
Like Warsong said, if all DOTs were changed to stack with each other, there would likely need to be a lot of re-balancing of boss health levels, as well as the damage amounts of the DOT skills (likely increasing boss health and decreasing DOT damage). I'm not entirely sure that's a good idea....re-balancing would be tricky, and would likely mean changes in how boss fights are handled (which on the other hand, may not necessarily be a bad thing. I'd absolutely love to see alternate class paths be fleshed out more...DPS druid, Support Mage/Ranger/Rogue, etc. Warriors have 2 very good ways to play, let's bring everyone else in on the fun too).

Anyways, back on topic :?

Soloing would become harder if skills like Rupture and Vines ended up taking a 10-20% damage decrease simply for the sake of boss fights. Druids especially would feel the burn...
If boss HP was increased by 10-20%, then clans that already struggle to take down EG bosses will have a harder time of it, depending on their lineup of classes.

Of course, this all depends on how much (if at all) VR decides to re-balance things.

The main question is whether VR wants to focus more on changing/updating the game's base mechanics, or adding new content. It would be great if VR would give us an idea of what direction they want to go, though I suspect that we will probably have to wait until April/May and see what the next update consists of to start getting an idea of the direction.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Just make dots stack from different players and not ones. Meaning i cannot stack 2 bees my self, but me and another druid can cast one bees each.

It’s quite a weak comparison but is it that different from other classes casting separate skills ._?

I just want to be able to dps at bosses without me griefing other druids thus causing us to lose dps instead of gaining it.

The main question is whether VR wants to focus more on changing/updating the game's base mechanics, or adding new content. It would be great if VR would give us an idea of what direction they want to go, though I suspect that we will probably have to wait until April/May and see what the next update consists of to start getting an idea of the direction.
I would love for more skills to be added maybe then dps droods can get some love. How long has it been since new skills has been added anyway? 3-4 years?

I would love for more skills to be added maybe then dps droods can get some love. How long has it been since new skills has been added anyway? 3-4 years?
Yeah, I believe it was when the Dragonfire update was released back in Dec 2014, with Carrrow/Fingal/Sewers. I'm not sure if more skills is the best option...there's already plenty of skills in the game. I'd rather see all the "bad" or unfavorable skills get buffed and updated to become valid options at all points in the game.

That's not the only issue though...part of the problem is also the absolutely insane reliance on plat items anywhere past midgame. Buffing support skills would be rather pointless, because players can just stay as pure damage and use restos/idols to continue at bosses. If plat consumables were nerfed in various ways to force players to rely on natural skills for survival (and those skills were buffed to be valid options), it would be the game a whole lot better and more interesting in my opinion. However, this is starting to get a bit too far off topic...so I'll leave it at that.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

This is what I can see happening if it's fixed. So one Druid casts vines and gets 100% damage, Druid two casts vines and gets 100% damage but druid ones damage goes down by 90-95% so we've got 105-110% vines damage but remember Druid one could have more focus than Druid 2 so it's a lot of damage. Thirds Druid casts vines and well the same thing happens.

Tbh at this point I wouldn’t mind vines and bees get the rend treatment; impact dmg and ticks faster for less dmg, but same dmg outcome per cast. It’s still better than what we have here, but that solution is like the best of the worse.

I would really like to hear what devs think about this as i have never seen a red name talks about the matter.
I think the rend treatment is perfect if they don't want to make them stackable. Then at least every druid could at least get the initial cast dmg even if they weren't getting DOT dmg.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue