Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Is Taranis the largest server now?

So, a while ago I went through each server and looked at player level then checked the total results in bottom right corner.

Most big servers were 3000+ people.

Taranis was one of them, not the largest but was very close.

Now, I've just checked, and the results for Taranis came back with 16,000+

Most other big servers still around 3k+

This seems like quite a large jump, more than I expected for sure. I know I've spurred quite a few new players to choose Taranis as home, but I can't begin to fathom it was that many people. Anyone else seeing those same stats? Anyone have any idea what caused such a large influx of people into Taranis?

To be clear, I AM NOT COMPLAINING, quite the opposite. I love it! I go into heroes landing and see droves of new toons running the tutorials. Lirs is chocked full of new toons. Clanless low level people abound in the castle walls. The economy is thriving, everything is selling and the chat is vibrant with questions and answers. My new players guide (on reddit) and care package demand has been incredible and it is difficult for me to handle it all on my own, it is taking up most of my game time just to keep up. I've had to lower what I hand out dramatically just to keep from going crazy on the stoves trying to cook it all.

The droves of new players were so overwhelming, I decided to go through the numbers again and here is what I came up with as of this post. Not only has Taranis apparently taken the #1 spot, but it absolutely blew it out of the water.

Taranis 16,431
Sulis 2183
Rosmerta 2010
Rhianon 1901
Nuada 1471
Morigan 2431
Mabon 2118
Lugh 1853
Lir 2573
Herne 1882
Gwydion 2156
Fingal 2395
Epona 3611
Donn 2131
Danu 2203
Crom 2552
Belenus 3045
Balor 2334
Arawn 3282

Re: Is Taranis the largest server now?

The influx of new players is often discussed in chats... It seems all the low level areas constantly have 1-2 pages of characters, one can run across Lirs and see several groups killing mobs, doing quests, etc. They talk to you too! As others mentioned, recently it has been unsettling to log in at times due to the server being full. However, it seems the vast majority of these new folks drop off between levels 50-100, when the game's leveling grind begins -- very few of these players are reaching it to endgame capacities.

As to why Taranis, I believe the influx comes from two sources: the recent expenditure in advertising, which may have also gained from RuneScape's mobile release; and the continued listing of Taranis as the default server for new accounts, which is intended to help less-populated servers. The continuation could be a bug, negligence, or because these new players are not reaching the level target and indeed Taranis remains the least populated server with players > level X. Either way, it has been most interesting seeing hundreds of new players daily!
Last edited by Regenleif on Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

The influx of new players is often discussed in chats... It seems all the low level areas constantly have 1-2 pages of characters, one can run across Lirs and see several groups killing mobs, doing quests, etc. They talk to you to! As others mentioned, recently it has been unsettling to log in at times due to the server being full. However, it seems the vast majority of these new folks drop off between levels 50-100, when the game's leveling grind begins -- very few of these players are reaching it to endgame capacities.

As to why Taranis, I believe the influx comes from two sources: the recent expenditure in advertising, which may have also gained from RuneScape's mobile release; and the continued listing of Taranis as the default server for new accounts, which is intended to help less-populated servers. The continuation could be a bug, negligence, or because these new players are not reaching the level target and indeed Taranis remains the least populated server with players > level X. Either way, it has been most interesting seeing hundreds of new players daily!
That makes a lot of sense.

Going to the low level areas has been really awesome. I spend a lot of time there just passing out weapons and such to low level players and it is like a swarm of bees. I can stand on the docks and within 10 minutes I'll have dozens of brand new level one players run past me and start their tutorial. The chat is extremely active and the economy is surging.

I haven't run into issues with not being able to log in yet, but I have heard some reports about this.

As far as retaining new players, that has always been a challenge for CH. We are a grind, no getting around it. To some people, that is a good thing and to others it is a turn off. It is a numbers game and it seems like Taranis has just cast an amazingly wide net. I will be curious to see what our high level population becomes in the next six months to a year. Even if 90% of those new characters quit, the boost to our top tier player pool will be significant!

Precisely regen, not sure if you're being critical or not... but 1300 unique high level players is near the entire population of some entire other servers. Which would be amazing!

Either way, I am very happy to see so many fresh faces on our server. Seeing the low level zones chocked full of people reminds me of the early days when the game was brand new. I love all the activity and I hope some of our new arrivals take a shining to this game and stick around for a while.

Precisely regen, not sure if you're being critical or not... but 1300 unique high level players is near the entire population of some entire other servers. Which would be amazing!

Either way, I am very happy to see so many fresh faces on our server. Seeing the low level zones chocked full of people reminds me of the early days when the game was brand new. I love all the activity and I hope some of our new arrivals take a shining to this game and stick around for a while.
Not being critical, even if 1% of them make it to the endgame, it will completely transform the server.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!