Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Taranis.. not so United?

*the purpose of this article is to inform new players and potential transfers of the current conditions in taranis*

“In June Infamy/Dark Reign (IFDR) left TU… We've been FFA for the past 2 weeks or so.” – Regenleif (Infamy), Former TU Leadership

Taranis, a once free for all server operating primarily a two clan system, decided to come together to agree on a set of rules that would bring growth and prosperity to the server as a whole, enter, Taranis United. A glorious comeback and a welcoming gesture to the servers population and economy. But in it's growth, has the individualistic system become outdated?

Initially it’s goal was met with booming success, but there were still many complications, such as alt rolling and drop hosting at raids to name a couple, some micro-managed and some actually had good rule fixes all done in the name of fairness and growth. Which has come to beg the questions, Is it fair to apply extra essential contribution and reap no reward? Is it fair to be made accountable for that which is out of your control?

Alas, in a democracy, there will always be those who are bitter with the outcome. Regardless, the United clans of Taranis worked through these differences for some time until recently; In a historic event two of Taranis top five clans seceded from TU. Some argue it was in best interest of the server, others speculate it was a play for dominance.

“Council was started after Infamy/ Dark Reign attempted to impose their rule on the greater server.” – Vikka (Samsara), TU Council

For some this turn of events was expected but for many it was devastating. Either way it was now the council’s responsibility to represent the remaining Taranis United server.

In an effort to alleviate the servers progressive nature and allow expansion on both sides; It's reported IFDR proposed a 1:1 kill rotation schedule. TU unofficially followed the proposal for a month and then officially declined.

An eerie desperation suddenly fell over the once prime example of what bringing peace to a server can achieve. What happened next would surely change the future of Taranis forever; TU counter proposed offering a 2:1 raid schedule. The council felt this was fair as TU represented a much larger number of active players according to the leaderboards. However, IFDR declined on the grounds that their contribution was worth more regardless of TU's dense population.

Initially this resulted in a cold war with no further negotiations and players from either side avoiding eachother. However it has escalated recently with various lock battles and less than cordial disputes.

When talking to notable players from TU and IFDR, it’s worth noting that no one expected it to come to this. But it’s clear that both sides are committed to their cause and will to fight to defend themselves as the servers future hangs in the balance.

Opinion: Taranis is hands down one of the best servers. It promises fairness and opportunity. Although many of the issues at hand revolve around eg, it's effects still trickle down to mid-gamers like me. Taranis is a good fun place and home, all I can hope is that the greater issues get resolved soon.

Disclaimer: I have done my best to speculate and simply deliver an unbiased report on the current situation in Taranis so new players or players transferring in will know the conditions they are signing up for. Threads like this can get closed quickly so keep discussion cordial and please be mindful of your opinions and others who may want to comment.

Re: Taranis.. not so United?

When did TU get reporters? Unbiased, eh? Should have got more interviews then
TU and Taranis in general need reports. I just met someone who transferred in 11m thinking Taranis is going to be something like Epona but that isn't the case so it's fair to allow new players and potential transfers to know the current situation. As for the bias, I interviewed players from both sides that would allow me to. My support for TU may have reflected, but I'm working on getting more inside information from IFDR. Of course they are weary of allowing interviews given that my purpose may be to help inform people, it's still information they may not trust in my hands. Working on it tho.

Re: Taranis.. not so United?

When did TU get reporters? Unbiased, eh? Should have got more interviews then
TU and Taranis in general need reports. I just met someone who transferred in 11m thinking Taranis is going to be something like Epona but that isn't the case so it's fair to allow new players and potential transfers to know the current situation. As for the bias, I interviewed players from both sides that would allow me to. My support for TU may have reflected, but I'm working on getting more inside information from IFDR. Of course they are weary of allowing interviews given that my purpose may be to help inform people, it's still information they may not trust in my hands. Working on it tho.
I am not sure who you spoke to but Infamy/DR has no block on information and are always happy to answer questions you want provided they are positive and not made to trap or make us feel less than adequate. If you were actually working on it anyone would've assumed that me being the initiator and announcer of the split would've been your first point of call but whatever. I'm sure you spoke to people that gave you what you wanted to hear.
Tegan
TeganBank - Ranger - 222
HollyHealz - Druid - 220
EmmyAtk - Rogue - 220
QuantumStrike - Rogue - 190
TegFrozen - Mage - 220
Taastay - Warrior - 220