Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#31
pandanda wrote:
Supernatura1 wrote:While playing CH I got word that one of my clanmates couldn't get to roll on a drop after a boss fight because he didn’t have a good enough Misc item. This wasn’t an isolated incident as apperently he has been denied this privilege before multiple times. Just wanted to know the logic or justification behind this as I can't wrap my head around it. Thanks for any feedback.


What kind of misc and boss?

I don't recall which misc he had but he was a warrior and it occurred at a DL boss several times.
Epona
Supernatura1 - Mage - Level: 212+
Full Frozen
Full DL
Full EDL coming soon
Ice for Life Baby!

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#32
Here is my 2 cents:
If you show up to a boss like gele with a 160 shop bow, and a bow drops from gele, yeah, they probably shouldn't be able to roll. But i mean like if someone cant find the misc they want, and they have like a 90 recast misc because theyre either farming gold for a better one, or cant find the one they want, but they have like full EDL and some other really good jewelry, why is that 1 misc slot gonna stop someone from rolling?
You should probably know the state of the player who couldn't roll before making judgements.

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#33
Zarfus wrote:Here is my 2 cents:
If you show up to a boss like gele with a 160 shop bow, and a bow drops from gele, yeah, they probably shouldn't be able to roll. But i mean like if someone cant find the misc they want, and they have like a 90 recast misc because theyre either farming gold for a better one, or cant find the one they want, but they have like full EDL and some other really good jewelry, why is that 1 misc slot gonna stop someone from rolling?
You should probably know the state of the player who couldn't roll before making judgements.

That probably is the most reasonable post here. Norolling someone for not having an appropriate item of the hardest slot to gear in game vs his rest of gear would be plain dumb, subjective and corrupted.

Rolling servers usually leave a lot of criticism to dkp and votes servers. Rolling server is basically 50% voting just can be much harsher, cus each rule can completely wipe someone’s chance to win gear. Overall, try to be more open minded to criticism, u brag about being an open server but it doesnt help if ur a closed society. From my experience I dont think the rule is bad but what Im saying is that it leaves A LOT of room for corruption which is worth addressing. Its good to stay aware to not only the system’s flaws but also the spots that leave it open to become more flawed, if used badly.

Rolling isnt much different than voting in it’s essence, both start on same core but advance to a different handout of drops (and ofc theres one rule to change it and thats that in rolls u can buy and sell).
DPS Warrior


#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

MrScar wrote:Imperial gele sneaky ring is better than imperial divine ring :D

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#34
Wow. What a catch 22. You can't roll because your gear sucks. You can't get better gear because you're not allowed to roll because your gear sucks. You're reduced to just buying what you can off the AH. This game is supposed to be about killing bosses to improve your gear, not buying better gear so you can kill bosses.

If you show up for a boss fight, assuming you're not AFK, you're helping. Yes, you may not be doing tons of damage and the raid could succeed without you, but you're still there helping. You're playing the game, the way it's meant to be played. You should get a chance to roll. This is exactly how you are supposed to get better gear.

What a ludicrous system. And I thought rolling was the most unfair way to obtain gear. I had no idea a rolling system could be made even more unfair by twisted rules like this.

Btw, I read your rules a little while back and don't remember seeing that one. When did you come up with it? And what is a person supposed to do if you decide to add new rules that the insane majority agreed upon but normal people wouldn't go along with? They can't transfer to a new server, so I guess they're just stuck with the madness?

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#35
Wow those rules, so basically the people already good, get better and the people with bad gear who wanna get better cant... the answers ive heard so far is go buy a misc or borrow a misc..... spend hours farming gold and buy a misc just so u can be eligible to roll/ or beg people to borrow one lol...


Edit: their showing up to bosses to get better gear and help better lol.... why stop them from getting better


Just my opinion from what ive hrd so far
[CENTER]
Image
[/CENTER]

Op killer lvl 221 rogue

Legacyte 220 tank

Withered tree 215 druid

Azraell 181 locker ranger

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#36
YURIAN wrote:
Supernatura1 wrote:
YURIAN wrote:1st- If an amazing item drops, we don’t want someone who wore bad gear and didn’t do their fair share killing the boss to win it. If they were allowed to roll, let’s say they rolled 100, and I roll 99, they win, but do they deserve it? No. They wouldn’t have contributed nearly as much as I would’ve to that boss.

I do believe they did their fair share of killing the boss as they were there as long as everyone else so I don't see why wouldn't they deserve it? They made an effort to show up and help and in fact probably invested more resources to contribute to down the boss e.g. idols and restoration potions etc. You doing more damage than another does not take away the contribution of that other person.
YURIAN wrote:2cd- We can kill any boss, we don’t need extra damage 99% of the time, so don’t bother to show up if you can’t come prepared. That’s one less person we have to compete with in rolls anyway.

Is that really a concern? More competition? Many need better gear and a lot of drops are going to those who don't really need it as they have objectively good gear already.


Ok so I get that you aren’t understanding the point, because you continue to make excuses as to why sub-par geared toons deserve the drops eg/qualified toons earned. So I’ll try one last time to explain things.

1. Your argument on using resources/time/etc is ridiculous. If you are dying and using items that much, guess what you aren’t doing? That’s right, helping with the boss. Just because you show up to a boss, doesn’t entitle you to a chance at the drop. Again, if you can’t come to a boss properly geared, save yourself the time and don’t show up, we don’t want you there. Let’s say you show up to a gele with a lvl 100 quiver, I have an eg quiver, and let’s say a void bow drops, you don’t deserve to roll for that bow, you didn’t even bother to come properly geared for an EG boss. “How can I come prepared if I can’t win anything?” Argument is also ridiculous. Epona has a free market. Buy it. You can find EG gear cheap, and gold is not hard to come by. Show up to bosses you do qualify for, and sell the items you win. Try to do your fair share, come prepared, or don’t show up. If we let just anyone roll who used resources and were there the same amount of time, people would be showing up with hero ammys and winning godly blood rings.

2. Yes. Yes. Yes! Competition matters, it always has, always will. Don’t be ridiculous! I’m not saying competition is the most important thing, the most important thing in Epona is Cooperation. And the majority of the server agrees it’s not cool to leech off other people who are doing their fair share. What runs a capitalist market? Competition. What kind of market does Epona have? Capitalist! So what if a toon wins a drop they don’t ‘need’? EG toons or qualified toons win drops and sell them, can you guess why? To earn gold. What does that gold do for them? Buy them better gear/items/lixes. What does that sold gear do for the lower level player? It advances them so that they can also start earning drops and doing the same thing the person they bought the item from does. It’s circular, that’s why capitalism works on Epona.

If you show up with sub-par gear don’t expect to roll, we don’t want someone leeching off boss kills and winning drops. That’s one less person rolling, and a better chance for someone who actually deserves the drop to win it, even if they don’t need it, they can sell it for gold which they do need.


Im sorry but you should probably explain this then.

Image


Image


1. You specified that the edl aura is the only requirement.
2. Your own rules dont have any obligation or prioritization of toons that have eg offhands to roll for better drops.
3. Like many have said, how do you better yourself when you cant roll, alot of epona say its a free server, that you can just sell drops and play off of that. This guy cant even seem to do that and thats totally fair?

How does one not leech when they start off? Not everyone has millions of gold to begin with.
Blzzrd 225+ Rogue
Aethra 180+ Rogue
Shivah 220+ Mage
Siege 150+ Warrior

Ascension of Danu

- Yet to lose a Mordris at the Dragon Carnage event
- looking to join Elementals so I can learn how to wipe gele

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#37
YURIAN wrote:
What kind of market does Epona have? Capitalist! So what if a toon wins a drop they don’t ‘need’? EG toons or qualified toons win drops and sell them, can you guess why? To earn gold. What does that gold do for them? Buy them better gear/items/lixes. What does that sold gear do for the lower level player? It advances them so that they can also start earning drops and doing the same thing the person they bought the item from does. It’s circular, that’s why capitalism works on Epona.


How logical is it to allow someone who doesn't need an item to roll for it and win it only to sell it when there are probably multiple people there that need it? If you don't need it to better yourself, then you shouldn't roll for it. Why don't you go farm for hours to make some gold, just like you're instructing this guy to do?

And another thing, I wouldn't be bragging about being a capitalist server. And maybe that fact should be at the beginning of your long list of rules so people can get the real truth about your wonderful server and choose a different one. I always thought you guys held hands and sang "Kumbaya" every day. I now know that it's only the ones at the top doing that.

Taken from https://www.thebalance.com/capitalism-characteristics-examples-pros-cons-3305588

Capitalism doesn't provide for those who lack competitive skills. This includes the elderly, children, the developmentally disabled, and caretakers. To keep society functioning, capitalism requires government policies that value the family unit.

Despite the idea of a “level playing field,” capitalism does not promote equality of opportunity. Those without the proper nutrition, support, and education may never make it to the playing field.

Society will never benefit from their valuable skills.

In the short term, inequality may seem to be in the best interest of capitalism's winners. They have fewer competitive threats. They may also use their power to "rig the system" by creating barriers to entry. For example, they will donate to elected officials who sponsor laws that benefit their industry. They could send their children to private schools while supporting lower taxes for public schools.


Kumbaya.

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#38
The rules aren't that strict, it isn't like unless you have top tier bt/gele/prot gear you can't roll. Just put on some half decent mid tier event gear and you can roll at any boss including dino.

For less than 2 mill you could fully equip a level 220 with a jewellery page that can roll at bt.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#39
Chaotic wrote:The rules aren't that strict, it isn't like unless you have top tier bt/gele/prot gear you can't roll. Just put on some half decent mid tier event gear and you can roll at any boss including dino.

For less than 2 mill you could fully equip a level 220 with a jewellery page that can roll at bt.

^ 2m is literally 1-2 crown wins
Image

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#40
Elfylolz wrote:
Chaotic wrote:The rules aren't that strict, it isn't like unless you have top tier bt/gele/prot gear you can't roll. Just put on some half decent mid tier event gear and you can roll at any boss including dino.

For less than 2 mill you could fully equip a level 220 with a jewellery page that can roll at bt.

^ 2m is literally 1-2 crown wins

So you win a crown at a Snorri fight and you don't need it so you sell it for gold. You rolled even though you don't need it...you're just greedy and wanted to sell it. Someone else who attended that fight also rolled because they really do need it to finish their DL weapons, but they lost. They lost to a person that didn't even need it in the first place. Now they get to go buy it off the AH for a mil gold. What a bs, twisted system. Epona is the epitome of GREED before NEED. What a selfish server.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests