Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Competition - Through a monster's eyes!

Every great hero has their downfall, and with this, a vanquisher. For one, it's an enemy; it will come with the gleam of a sword. For another, death: its icy hand will lead them away in the safety of their sleep. For me? My fate was far worse.

I was once a mighty warrior, fighting in the name of the Wardens – a prestigious group of elites battling evil for the good of Dal Riata. I was exalted, held in high regard: some even dared say I sat by the gods. Alongside my comrades, I fought in fierce battles against dragons, wizards and beasts with names of which no one dares whisper. For a time, Dal Riata was at peace. The harvest was plentiful, the winters short. The mighty gods were favouring the valiant wardens.

Some say I was cursed by the jealous, others tell tales of my disrespect for the gods…so they punished me. Under the protection of the dark god Crom, an army of rebel wardens rallied in their thousands to overthrow us. Their leader, Madoc Blackstone, was the first to side with the evil deity, and plotted his betrayal.

It was the morning of Beltane when we were informed of a perilous mission in a mysterious world of unknown powers. As we stepped through the swirling portal, the skies were no longer blue; the trees had lost their emerald green. The only thing to greet us were the swords, bows and daggers of Crom’s army: the Blackstone Cabal. We tried to run, but the portal was sealed shut. I can remember cloaks of black as far as the eye could see, hurling weapons at us from all directions. It was here where we fell, ready to be greeted by Death. Oh, how we wished Death would come.

Our bodies are buried in the diseased Otherworld earth, our souls ripped from our mortal flesh by Crom himself, to roam for all eternity. For aeons, I’ve been waiting for him set us free at last, but the Gods imprisoned him in the fortress of Rath Parras. I have no choice but to aid in his release so I can plead for my freedom. Yet, no hero understands my struggle – they come to vanquish me, but disregarding that I am already dead. How I wish their swords could pierce my heart; to feel my warm blood; to gasp for air one last time. What of the Wardens of today? They fear entry into the Otherworld after they received news of our fate. They are weak, and a true hero must rise above them to restore their faction to its former glory.

As the most prized warden of my time, I faced the harshest punishment. I was to carry the burden of a chain made from the heaviest Otherworld steel, as a symbol of my suffering. Chained for eternity to Crom and his vile world. Chained to a lifetime of pain and torture. I, I am the Chained King.

497 words

Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff
Want me to read your post? Quote me!

Born in the fiery depth of the other world. I've finally awaken from my long sleep. This world is dark and warm, a world a soon call home. Many monsters would come to challenge me, but none ever stood a chance, for I do breath a mouth full of fire to anyone who stands in front of me, so I advise you stay away. I have made an alliance with theses creature who call themselves "blackstone wyrmtamers", they are a clan of healers, and the have sworn to die for me, as I will do the same.

After my alliance with the blackstones the world becomes a better place with no wars and no crimes. But that soon ended, for a new darkness, a new poison that rained over the otherworld. These monsters call themselves heroes, slaying the innocents, taking from them, their families. They soon drain the world from its beauty. The world as we know is has been poisoned. Chiefs from clans all around the land draw back their alliances. Protecting only their people and leaving their allies to be slaughtered by these animals.

It was said that many chiefs led these heroes to me to save their people. Many of these heroes soon gather around me. They have come for my head they chant...I will not good down easily. We charge into battle, hours have past and many of my men have died. We killed many of their people, but it seem like they rise back from the dead to finish what they started with. They are no match for me. I destroy them all, They all retreat...I thought i had won, but i was mistaken.

Many minutes later they arrive back ready from round 2, but this time they had 2 times the amount of people. They must have made some alliances. Hours and hours of fighting, they are too powerful and have finally taken me down, stripping from me my most valuable treasures and my pride...After losing this battle, Many of my alliances leaves me for dead, only a few handful stay behind, which making it easier to kill me. One day I will win this war, for i am the mighty dragon Aggragoth.
Last edited by xxgetproxx on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:55 am, edited 5 times in total.

Mordis
Dear diary
Today had a good start. I was in my cave of gold and lux hanging out with a few friends. What could ruin this day? All of a sudden I see a big mob of people coming up to me wearing chunks of my friends as armor. Well darn. I guess my other friends are dead. So I go up to them to ask why they killed my friends to make armor, and they start attacking me. Why? I just had a question. Then one of those people yell "we will het his drop before you"... they we r actually fighting over who gets to kill me. If they wanted a drop i would have let them take some of the gold and lux from my cave. Theres well over enough to pass around, but they kept attacking me. So I started to fight back.

...who wins this fight? You decide.
Thanks for Cross Platform OTM!

Mordis
Dear diary
Today had a good start. I was in my cave of gold and lux hanging out with a few friends. What could ruin this day? All of a sudden I see a big mob of people coming up to me wearing chunks of my friends as armor. Well darn. I guess my other friends are dead. So I go up to them to ask why they killed my friends to make armor, and they start attacking me. Why? I just had a question. Then one of those people yell "we will het his drop before you"... they we r actually fighting over who gets to kill me. If they wanted a drop i would have let them take some of the gold and lux from my cave. Theres well over enough to pass around, but they kept attacking me. So I started to fight back.

...who wins this fight? You decide.
Fishfarm.com 0.0

*grunt* fine heres my story...
My name.. Well i am known as Alva the Twisted i am one of the leaders of the hawkhurst gang. I am an archer who picks of those wo can not do theyre job and help to train those who join. I help the ones no as looters. Ah a story i have to tell. The other day when i was helping them smuggle some bodies i found something intersting.. There was meteor overhead and the all of a sudden a chunk of it fell right beside me, nearly took of my leg. I decided to break it into peaces and then keep them and then see if i could get more chalengers by telling the wardens. And thats my story now go away before i shoot you.
My Youtube

Things used to be so much better….
I used to love it here. Morrigan was a great place to live. I have my cousin, Aggragoth, living in Otherworld to visit. For a little bit there, Natan was even coming to town. He left though because he heard Smolach was coming to town. Eeeyaaak. Smolach. “I became the annihilator years ago when I visited Belenus.” Blah blah blah “Why don’t you have a dragon vanguard, they’re sooo much better than trolls” BLAH. BLAH. BLAH!!!! Even so though, we used to have so much fun, now Carrowmore is filled with nothing but despair.
We had good security and if I was ever in trouble, all I had to do was call and they would come running. Shared some good laughs with the High Priestess during downtime. She is a bit fussy, but some days she is a real killer! Her sister is the worst though.
I would hang out all the time. No one would bother me. The occasional hero would get brave and try to get a selfie next to me. Snack. Sometimes a group would come and try to wreak HAVOC, DINNER!
Days filled with socializing, nights filled with Scrooge McDucking in my awesome pile of treasure I have no intention of ever spending. Then, Gelebron started making a move. “Ooo Lord MacLir must perish, I must rule all of Morrigan, I must come to my full power and potential” blah blah BLAH!
He has single handedly ruined this whole set up for me. I’m filing a grievance with the shop steward. That idiot. The strongest and bravest of warriors used to barely match my security, now they’re getting cut down like Skain Banebarks weak little brother.
I, THE MIGHTY MORDRIS, DESTROYER OF LANDS, BRINGER OF CHAOS, HARBRINGER OF DEATH, HANDMAIDEN TO THE REAPER, DEVOURER OF SOULS, LEAVER OF NO SURVIVORS!
I WOULD FEEL THE VERY EARTH TREMBLE BEFORE MY FEET, COULD FEEL HEARTS STOP AT MY GAZE, THE AIR DISSIPATE AT MY BREATH, THE SKY SPLIT AS I TAKE FLIGHT!
Now, I show up and I am being scouted by someone who must of showed up at heroes landing only days ago. DAYS AGO! ‘WERDAT CAMEFROM’?!?!?! WHO ARE YOU?! GET LOST!
YOU CAN’T EVEN DRESS YOURSELF IN THE BOON OF THE WARDENS. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT CHAOS I CAN REIGN DOWN UPON YOU. I WOULD DESTROY YOU SO FEROCIOUSLY YOU’D SHOW UP AT THE LEY STONE AND HAVE TO LEY AGAIN BECAUSE I HIT YOU SO HARD.
Once sighted though, it’s over. Life expectancy, ten minutes, fifteen if I am lucky. My final request is that the Priestess cast an eternal holding spell on my treasure. If I can no enjoy it, NO ONE WILL!

Your source of eternal hatred and destruction,
Mordris

I'm the king of the firbolgs.
I'm sitting lonely in a cave surrounded by my guards.
Suddenly a mighty warrior arrived, I can see in the look of he's eyes that he wants red urns. Suddenly his clan arrives, there are killing all my guards then they start attacking me with all their power. I kill em one by one but they made it, they defeated me. Then I use my evil laugh because I don't have red urns I dropped 2 blue eggs and a yellow urn...

Summer 1100B.C, The druids have guided me here and have accepted me as thier leader. They used a spell to raise me to great heights and power. Crom ordered us to steal the wardens source of power, disc fragments. We conducted a raid against the wardens it was successful we stole the discs and our lord Crom gave us powerful boosts to our power! Now pathetic highland farmers with rags come to fight us for our fragments. I hear the wardens are giving armour to fight us in exchange for disc fragments. This may be our demise, Falgreen Bloodbinder.

480 words:
"I, Ensifien will figure out a way to raise the dead!" The whole tavern burst into laughter. One guy who was wiping a tear out of his eye whispered to another, "Did you here it when he said raise the dead? Bwahahahahah!" Ensifien stormed out of the tavern, slamming the big doors shut behind him with a resounding bang. As he walked along the path to his study in farcrag castle, he left the loud sound of clinking cups of mead and banter behind him. He noticed a faint whisper on the wind, but thought nothing of it. As he walked through the village, the noise increased in decibals and Ensifien heard chanting in a forbidden language. It was coming from deep inside the castle. He wandered past the guards, who offered a greeting but he ignored it, lost to the chanting. As he walked past Drummond the quartermaster on his way to his study, the noise painfully increased in decibals and frequency, and the long forgotten odd shaped stone started rumbling with power from the deep and moving aside to reveal a passage downwards. Ensifien was positive terrified, but also fascinated. The chanting seemed to be coming from down the passage. Without a second thought, he wandered down. There he wandered for days, totally disoriented and starving in the pitch black light level. The chanting kept growing louder. As he turned to a passage behind a long dried waterfall, he saw stars. He fell forward face first into the ground. Ensifien awoke in what appeared to be his dream, only there was a massive radiant beam of light shining down from the heavens. It beckoned with ancient power, "WHAT YOU SEEK LIES ABOVE..." The awesome power of the beam reached right into his heart. This was nothing like hed ever experienced before. But then he accepted the light and let in flow through his entire body, and he collapsed unconscious again. When Ensifien awoke, he was surrounded by 12 glowing figures in a circle around him. They shook their heads and walked off. He felt well and truly alone now. He was in the same spot hed been knocked unconscious. His mind felt...different..somehow. He noticed a rotting corpse of a long forgotten adventurer lying near him. He reached out to it and recoiled in shock as his mind connected with the deceased body's mind and mend the broken strands in it. The corpse then got up. Ensifien recoiled in shock. He also felt a few centimetre bigger than before. Weird. He then contemplated what he could do with this power and felt only numb, knowing he would eventually succumb do madness and wreak havoc on the world. He whispered, "Im sorry" with deathly solemness.