Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Mages should be able to train at same speed as other classes

So i thought I might start training my mage again but soon after i realised (with full lux and scavenger gear) that mages ought to have one of the lamest dps's to solo train on. So i was looking at my damage of rogue and mage and its a massive difference. (They are both about same level)
Rogue - hit 200s on auto 500+ on sneaky and assassinate
Mage - 20 on auto 100-250 on fire bolt 200-300 ice shards 30-50 on cloak
Aren't mages meant to have a good dps because since scavenger came, mages have no chance compared to any other classes other then maybe out dpsing druids.
Jakes Aura
206 - Rogue
Retired and came back - Playing this magnificent game for fun

Re: Mages should be able to train at same speed as other cla

So i thought I might start training my mage again but soon after i realised (with full lux and scavenger gear) that mages ought to have one of the lamest dps's to solo train on. So i was looking at my damage of rogue and mage and its a massive difference. (They are both about same level)
Rogue - hit 200s on auto 500+ on sneaky and assassinate
Mage - 20 on auto 100-250 on fire bolt 200-300 ice shards 30-50 on cloak
Aren't mages meant to have a good dps because since scavenger came, mages have no chance compared to any other classes other then maybe out dpsing druids.
I see mages hitting 700s with fire bolt when training and 1k+ with iceshards and their cloak+incinerate would be doing around 500 damage per tick, rogues arn't that much better than mages with the right build a mage would have higher dps than a rogue.
Server:Danu
Class:Ranger
Name:Funnish
Level:153

with the right build a mage would have higher dps than a rogue.

The build you are referring to would die in 1 hit (63 hp), while a comparable DPS rogue would have 1000+ hp and much higher armor.

And even with that build I doubt the mage could out dps the rogue.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Energy shield? Mage mainly focus + energy shield any training mob will die before he/she does.

Well with energy shield no mage could compare to the dps of a rogue.

Yes a mage with energy shield (2) can kill up to a 3 star opponent there level with a proper build at the high levels. However that mage can't be well invested in group support skills. Also that mage needs about 1000 sigils to keep up other classes that have much less.

And even with 1000 sigils that doesn't lessen the waiting 6+ ticks for your eshield to be ready for the next monster.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Guffy, do you have a mage ? Cause you sure sound like you don't. No offense really, but you simply don't realize the problem with mages. Their "options" are poor damage OR poor support, and they can't even do both and be viable.

Mages are broken, that's as simple as that.
They aren't not supposed to be a support class but a dps. That's what in game tips say, anyway. So, why do we get less damage than a same level rogue ? Even with full focus and plenty of sigils (which alone is unfair to the extreme, since many players can't or don't want to buy platinum), they have less damage, less survivabilty AND have to regen every four mobs at best.
Also, rogues are melee dps, as such they can always auto-attack if they run out of energy. Mages only have three skills to deal any damage, and they miss much too often. And i dare you to find anybody who will call a mage for support during a boss fight, since, even with all their lures, they can't deal damage nor heal, and therefore aren't of any help during fight. Their lures are useless for leveling since most classes do fine without, and they have no reason to use more than the ice and fire lures. Also, since they have to pause to regen, they're almost a dead weight during long fights.

Mages are broken, and that's why they're the least popular class. They can't deal damage as they are supposed to, and the spells they have got lately are utterly useless for leveling, and even in boss fights they aren't needed. They need a huge boost to some of their abilities, energy boost being the most urgent. As i suggested in another thread, it needs to be revamped, and works more like nature's touch in order to be useful.
Mages are not a support class, they're dps. The way things work now, they're glass hammers, not glass cannons as they should be.

You make a great point Arcana.

To One Thumb.

Why do Mages need lures to get the full damage out of their spells while other classes dont require them?

Without lures I only do half damage instead of max.

To compare. My main "weapon" is Ice Shards.

At Lvl 121.
Ice Shards 34/30
Lure of Ice 33/30
Fire Magic 1406
Ice Magic 1404

With lures max damage between 1000 and 1500 per hit.
Without Lures max damage between 500-900.
These numbers are what im currwntly grinding - the rock creatures.

Question for a equal lvl player?
Does your main weapon hit the same as mine?