Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: A quick and easy way for VR to update the game

If VR plans to continue to develop and maintain CH then why isn't Celtic Heroes listed anywhere on their website as one of the company's games? The only mention of it at all is a blurb on the first page taking credit for the game being theirs in the context of describing themselves as a successful gaming company that has been around and had big success with CH. Then it goes on to present their new game WH. There is no other mention of CH anywhere on their site at all, not even on the page listing their games.

As for the update scheduled for a couple of months ago, that is the same update that was originally scheduled for August of 2019. Difinitus confirmed that in another post.

I still say that the best chance of getting improvements in the game is to think of and ask for small quick changes that would have a big impact on lots and lots of players.
OTM was the original Developer of the Game.. Virtual Realms just recently took it over so that’s probably why they are not out there in terms of “WE MADE THIS GAME” because even though the Owner still the same the Dev Team isn’t. Some of us might even know more about Celtic Heroes culture and history then Dev Team members. I believe Virtual Realms is very much responsible for the development of the Celtic Heroes for Asian based market while One Thumb Mobile was responsible for original Celtic Heroes.

But as I previously said due to some events original Dev Team was let go as we all know and Virtual Realms took over the development. Virtual Realms most likely consists of 20-30 members if not less.. that probably includes Administrative staff and Support Team which don’t add to the making of the game but responsible for Tickets and such. I am saying this because there should be no “game is dying” “virtual realms forgot about Celtic Heroes” because those guys were probably already developing the new game before OTM was let go so now they tryna balance almost twice as much work and due to Covid their development was probably pushed back even farther.

Point is.. game isn’t dead or dying, it just put on pause in terms of development probably by Owners which are in charge of what’s happening behind the scenes in terms of development and who works on what.
Just a thought, but if you have responsibility to maintain and grow a game, (in other words the game is now in your hands, and you've even publically taken credit for developing that game to imply your new game will be successful) if you intended to continue to improve and grow that game, wouldn't you at least list it on your site page where your games are listed?

And no offense intended, but unless you work for VR, you don't know any more than the rest of us. We can all believe what VR said in the past that they don't intend to close down the game, or believe what we see, which are things like a small qol update taking 14+months and counting, almost zero communication and ignoring questions and refusal to implement even small quick changes that would satisfy most players for another year. People may not yet be leaving Epona in big numbers, but there are many servers where they are.

That is really all a supporting argument for my real point though, which is that it would take 1 person a few minutes to adjust the code on spawn times and numbers of edl drops and Snorri. That small action would buy VR another year or two of newly contented, paying players who would have access to bosses their gear wouldn't let them kill before. Why not do that?

If VR plans to continue to develop and maintain CH then why isn't Celtic Heroes listed anywhere on their website as one of the company's games? The only mention of it at all is a blurb on the first page taking credit for the game being theirs in the context of describing themselves as a successful gaming company that has been around and had big success with CH. Then it goes on to present their new game WH. There is no other mention of CH anywhere on their site at all, not even on the page listing their games.

As for the update scheduled for a couple of months ago, that is the same update that was originally scheduled for August of 2019. Difinitus confirmed that in another post.

I still say that the best chance of getting improvements in the game is to think of and ask for small quick changes that would have a big impact on lots and lots of players.
OTM was the original Developer of the Game.. Virtual Realms just recently took it over so that’s probably why they are not out there in terms of “WE MADE THIS GAME” because even though the Owner still the same the Dev Team isn’t. Some of us might even know more about Celtic Heroes culture and history then Dev Team members. I believe Virtual Realms is very much responsible for the development of the Celtic Heroes for Asian based market while One Thumb Mobile was responsible for original Celtic Heroes.

But as I previously said due to some events original Dev Team was let go as we all know and Virtual Realms took over the development. Virtual Realms most likely consists of 20-30 members if not less.. that probably includes Administrative staff and Support Team which don’t add to the making of the game but responsible for Tickets and such. I am saying this because there should be no “game is dying” “virtual realms forgot about Celtic Heroes” because those guys were probably already developing the new game before OTM was let go so now they tryna balance almost twice as much work and due to Covid their development was probably pushed back even farther.

Point is.. game isn’t dead or dying, it just put on pause in terms of development probably by Owners which are in charge of what’s happening behind the scenes in terms of development and who works on what.
Just a thought, but if you have responsibility to maintain and grow a game, (in other words the game is now in your hands, and you've even publically taken credit for developing that game to imply your new game will be successful) if you intended to continue to improve and grow that game, wouldn't you at least list it on your site page where your games are listed?

And no offense intended, but unless you work for VR, you don't know any more than the rest of us. We can all believe what VR said in the past that they don't intend to close down the game, or believe what we see, which are things like a small qol update taking 14+months and counting, almost zero communication and ignoring questions and refusal to implement even small quick changes that would satisfy most players for another year. People may not yet be leaving Epona in big numbers, but there are many servers where they are.

That is really all a supporting argument for my real point though, which is that it would take 1 person a few minutes to adjust the code on spawn times and numbers of edl drops and Snorri. That small action would buy VR another year or two of newly contented, paying players who would have access to bosses their gear wouldn't let them kill before. Why not do that?
No offense taken. I have had quiet a few conversations with the Dev Team members and there is a few of us that do not work for VR or have no part in creating the game that know a little bit more then just the regular player in terms of what is currently their focus is (that is all I can say) which is why I am trying to ease the tension that VR is currently getting without giving any sort of information. They are probably still getting paid through Celtic Heroes in app purchases and from what I previously read or seen there is only like 5-10% of the player base that keeps this game alive in terms of funds. They clearly have their hands busy with something and they will return to the game whenever they can.

Sorry monopoly clan players, but updating for you will require more work on VR's part. But for the majority of players, all it would take was a small adjustment to edl bosses and 170 & 180. Make 4* drop 1 drop each spawn, 5* drop 2 drops, and make 6* drop at least 1 of the highest type lex possible for that boss. Make 170, 180, 210 and 215 only drop weapon drops. Increase their spawn rate just a little bit, and you've opened up a whole new half of the game for the majority of the player base.

It would still take a while to gear a whole clan, but getting gear necessary to advance through to bosses they've had no hope of winning up to this point becomes a possibility. For all of them it is, in effect, a huge huge game update that would keep them happily playing and forking over money for plat for years. As an aside, more competition would be a motivator for the monopoly clans as well, even without improving other issues that deserve attention. It's a win win for everyone. It causes no game imbalances 'cause OTM already buffed the frozen bosses below them and now there are 3 levels of gear above edl, and the code change would be quick to do. There isn't a good reason not to.

Best gear is your problem, seriously? EDL?

Before you get EDL quest, you have to complete warden first.

Im a lvl 152 rogue in SERVER EPONA but i dont bother getting warden quest, because,
I dont care if i get the best gear or not,
I dont care if Devs update the game or not,
I dont care if the community is toxic,

I just play, enjoy and spend cash. :lol:

Name - Lazy Boy
Class - Rogue
Level - 160
Clan - Just Play and Enjoy
Server - Epona
September, 2020