Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Thanks for the event!

You’re joking, right? This is almost insulting to us. Just a tiny gold and xp boost event. Pathetic. They should’ve at least increased that for making us wait for ever for an update that was supposed to happen months ago.

They're delaying handsdown. I always wondered if it was OTM, how much progress would've been made already. Muldar mentioned they were working on a clan bank system(maybe VR can pick this up), and maybe a new area by now!!!

They're delaying handsdown. I always wondered if it was OTM, how much progress would've been made already. Muldar mentioned they were working on a clan bank system(maybe VR can pick this up), and maybe a new area by now!!!
To be fair though, you can't really compare the two. OTM's job was to improve and develop Celtic Heroes.

To be fair though, you can't really compare the two. OTM's job was to improve and develop Celtic Heroes.
And Virtual Realms was just stuck with the job of maintaining and supporting it when OTM was shut down. It wasn't so much a transfer - I'm pretty sure that VR did not necessarily want to take over CH, let alone continual development. They just got stuck with handling Support issues and dealing with major issues (like the Unity 2018 update last year).
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

And Virtual Realms was just stuck with the job of maintaining and supporting it when OTM was shut down. It wasn't so much a transfer - I'm pretty sure that VR did not necessarily want to take over CH, let alone continual development. They just got stuck with handling Support issues and dealing with major issues (like the Unity 2018 update last year).
So how exactly do you theorize VR got stuck with CH. Why would a company take over the management of a game they didn't want? What I understood of the transfer was that the owner of CH transferred the contract from OTM to VR. I remember OTM saying they are continuing on other projects but they lost the contract to develop CH. I'm not sure why the owner would change companies if they didn't want the game. Is the owner working with VR on some other project?

VR bought out otm. Otm didn’t shut down.

Source - from an old otm member.

VR bought out otm. Otm didn’t shut down.

Source - from an old otm member.
Please stop spreading misinformation. This is not true.

The founder of Virtual Realms is the same founder of One Thumb Mobile. Celtic Heroes is managed by the same people.

I am locking this thread to prevent further rumors and this discussion is now off-topic.