Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: If they were to make a new boss, what would you like to see?

The lore? Possibly. Though considering the game isn’t totally focused around the mythology (anymore), might not be worth it. That’s up to Eragon, though.
Yeh, angmar tho, he could expand on the already available knowledge of lore and make or fill in gaps with the lore to make it more exciting.
He would recruit dolorous to help him from the warhammer discord.

Well hold on now.

First off, I'm no loremaster. I'd be quite bad at making up and/or assembling lore into consumable media.

Secondly, there isn't too much CH specific lore. Sure, CH is based off of Celtic lore, and I suppose some of that could be laid out, but it may not be completely accurate to the game - CH is only loosely based on lore. Warhammer: Odyssey on the other hand is set in an existing fantasy world that already has years of lore and history going into it.

Thirdly, Okri (from WH:O's discord server) is extremely familiar with Warhammer lore - and while I'm sure he could do a passably good job at summarizing and interpreting Celtic lore, the two are extremely different.

Let's say you have someone who knows a motorcycle inside and out - they are extremely familiar with practically every single part of many different models of motorcycles, and can fix nearly any issue someone might have.
You can't just take that person and set them to work on fixing an airplane. Sure, the general premise might be the same - they might be good with engines and working in vehicles. But that knowledge and experience doesn't really translate to other mediums.

As for putting lore on the CHDB site - I haven't really thought about it, though if someone starts to write out a ton of game-accurate lore, and would be okay with me putting it on the site, I may consider it in the future.
...so getting Okri to fix the helicopter was a bad idea? :?

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Yeh, angmar tho, he could expand on the already available knowledge of lore and make or fill in gaps with the lore to make it more exciting.

Well hold on now.

First off, I'm no loremaster. I'd be quite bad at making up and/or assembling lore into consumable media.

Secondly, there isn't too much CH specific lore. Sure, CH is based off of Celtic lore, and I suppose some of that could be laid out, but it may not be completely accurate to the game - CH is only loosely based on lore. Warhammer: Odyssey on the other hand is set in an existing fantasy world that already has years of lore and history going into it.

Thirdly, Okri (from WH:O's discord server) is extremely familiar with Warhammer lore - and while I'm sure he could do a passably good job at summarizing and interpreting Celtic lore, the two are extremely different.

Let's say you have someone who knows a motorcycle inside and out - they are extremely familiar with practically every single part of many different models of motorcycles, and can fix nearly any issue someone might have.
You can't just take that person and set them to work on fixing an airplane. Sure, the general premise might be the same - they might be good with engines and working in vehicles. But that knowledge and experience doesn't really translate to other mediums.

As for putting lore on the CHDB site - I haven't really thought about it, though if someone starts to write out a ton of game-accurate lore, and would be okay with me putting it on the site, I may consider it in the future.
...so getting Okri to fix the helicopter was a bad idea? :?
(facepalm)
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

The lore? Possibly. Though considering the game isn’t totally focused around the mythology (anymore), might not be worth it. That’s up to Eragon, though.

Well hold on now.

ok great, ill make a start
Send me your Questions!

Heres a idea p: a hrung/mord/necro difficulty boss that once killed instantly respawns into 2 of himself, if both are killed than 3, 4 and 5, each giving 1 drop but each one has to be relocked. Have it spawn every 20 hours (or 24 to avoid conflict)
I like the idear, but thats already in the game. Whats the point of the same lvl boss. The game is supposed to be progressive
Send me your Questions!

Heres a idea p: a hrung/mord/necro difficulty boss that once killed instantly respawns into 2 of himself, if both are killed than 3, 4 and 5, each giving 1 drop but each one has to be relocked. Have it spawn every 20 hours (or 24 to avoid conflict)
I like the idear, but thats already in the game. Whats the point of the same lvl boss. The game is supposed to be progressive
That is most definitely not already in the game lol. Idk if you have been to any of raid bosses, but they all die once, killing them is the end of the raid ;)

It's a neat idea for sure though! It might help servers with competition, if there are 2-3 bosses up that are being killed, it'd be easier for a smaller clan to grab one of them.

It seems like it might make more sense to automatically despawn the bosses after a short period of time as well, to prevent clans from taking it in shifts - making it an all at once adventure. However, especially if there gets to be up to 4 bosses at once (which would mean 10 drops) I'd think a day is too fast of a respawn timer - maybe 2-3 days would be better, or even more to fit with the other boss timers vs rewards.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

That is most definitely not already in the game lol. Idk if you have been to any of raid bosses, but they all die once, killing them is the end of the raid ;)

It's a neat idea for sure though! It might help servers with competition, if there are 2-3 bosses up that are being killed, it'd be easier for a smaller clan to grab one of them.

It seems like it might make more sense to automatically despawn the bosses after a short period of time as well, to prevent clans from taking it in shifts - making it an all at once adventure. However, especially if there gets to be up to 4 bosses at once (which would mean 10 drops) I'd think a day is too fast of a respawn timer - maybe 2-3 days would be better, or even more to fit with the other boss timers vs rewards.
+1 to the idea and Eragon’s pointers.
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

Actually, i think this would be a neat variant on the dragon carnage event:
Mord/aggy spawns as normal, but when they go down 5 random dragons instantly spawn. This would help one of the issues with the dragon carnage event which is timers diverging; this would make all the timers line up better. Only significant issue I can think of on that end of things is that the timer would need to be from mordy/aggy meaning that if you were only able to kill mord/aggy, but not any of the adds, you would have the adds stay up, blocking or have several sets of adds remain up across the event. Easiest fix to this would be despawning them (if unlocked, you wouldn't wanna pull them out from under someone who's killing) when mord/aggy spawns. Would also make competitive servers super interesting lol; one relatively small raid that initiates a large chaotic one with lock battles all around would be intense.

I like the mechanic and would love to see them use it as an event, but I don't know how I feel about having a permanent boss that chaotic. Maybe some sort of Hydra boss (multiple heads replacing killed ones type thing), that drops Hrung/necro/mord gear with a slight chance of higher stuffs (including Dhino). Fun idea lol.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Actually, i think this would be a neat variant on the dragon carnage event:
Mord/aggy spawns as normal, but when they go down 5 random dragons instantly spawn. This would help one of the issues with the dragon carnage event which is timers diverging; this would make all the timers line up better. Only significant issue I can think of on that end of things is that the timer would need to be from mordy/aggy meaning that if you were only able to kill mord/aggy, but not any of the adds, you would have the adds stay up, blocking or have several sets of adds remain up across the event. Easiest fix to this would be despawning them (if unlocked, you wouldn't wanna pull them out from under someone who's killing) when mord/aggy spawns. Would also make competitive servers super interesting lol; one relatively small raid that initiates a large chaotic one with lock battles all around would be intense.

I like the mechanic and would love to see them use it as an event, but I don't know how I feel about having a permanent boss that chaotic. Maybe some sort of Hydra boss (multiple heads replacing killed ones type thing), that drops Hrung/necro/mord gear with a slight chance of higher stuffs (including Dhino). Fun idea lol.
eragon, i though that he meant that all of the bosses would be re spawned, but not from the same boss.

if its the suggestion that they think it is, then yeh, that is really cool idear, and no, its not in the game, for anyone who would say that
Send me your Questions!

To add to my idea p: i picture it as a slime ball, in the shape of a wisp but on the ground. Sort of like the slimes in terraria but much larger. Once killed it would split into 2 of the same boss with half health but swice the speed, than 4 with a quarter health and 4x the speed, Perhaps the first 2 spawns shouldnt have drops, but the last 4 do

I also picture one of its attacks being a aoe where it jumps in the air and slams down onto where people are. Im thinking maybe it should be in a small circular area like arena. I think it would be pretty hectic and fun trying to dodge them, kinda like the orbs from dino.

One last thing that i tht would be fun p: make it immune to taunts, and never target players directly. All its attacks should be debuff and aoe based. Maybe if it lands on you you get covered in slime giving you a speed debuff, dot, and initial damage, thus making it harder to dodge again