Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

A cross game colb

With the quickly approaching release of warhammer odyssey, there will be an increase in effort by the team over at VR on the other game. Alot of people are saying hat it could affect the world of Ch, but it might also bring new and exciting opportunities.

Would a cross game event work? The 2 games are run by the same company, so they can both use the same servers, they are both mmorpgs, all would have to decide is what graphics they would use.

what do you think of this?
Send me your Questions!

Re: A cross game colb

They may both be mobile mmos, but they are going to be vaaaastly different in storyline and basic gameplay. I’m sure they aren’t even built the same way, because a lot has changed in the years since CH was first converted to Unity - there are likely much better ways of doing things.

Even if it were possible from a server standpoint, it wouldn’t make any sense at all from either the base gameplay or lore standpoint. From what Difinitus has said about WH:O, it will be a very different feel and playstyle than CH, and therefore if players from either game were to interact with each other in some way, there would be massive issues - many things wouldn’t work because neither game is designed to support the other.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

They may both be mobile mmos, but they are going to be vaaaastly different in storyline and basic gameplay. I’m sure they aren’t even built the same way, because a lot has changed in the years since CH was first converted to Unity - there are likely much better ways of doing things.

Even if it were possible from a server standpoint, it wouldn’t make any sense at all from either the base gameplay or lore standpoint. From what Difinitus has said about WH:O, it will be a very different feel and playstyle than CH, and therefore if players from either game were to interact with each other in some way, there would be massive issues - many things wouldn’t work because neither game is designed to support the other.
ah ok,

did he say in what ways it will be different?
Send me your Questions!

ah ok,

Pretty sure the "difference" when it comes to compatibility will mostly be the unseen parts.
Ashley A - Mabon - Novalis - 222 - Mage
Azona - Mabon - Novalis - 209 - Druid
0x15 - Mabon - Novalis - 216 - Rogue

Allymia - Epona - 220 - Rogue
Fire Mage - Epona - 220 - Mage

Aethinry Donn - Belenus - 221 - Warrior
Dakara - Belenus - 200 - Mage

ah ok,

Pretty sure the "difference" when it comes to compatibility will mostly be the unseen parts.
yeh it will but that dont matter, if we dont see then is't fine
Send me your Questions!

ah ok,

Its the behind the scenes as to why you WON'T see it. I assume its like trying to have linux OS work in a windows domain environment. A small company like VR would take too much time and resources for it to ever be worth it. I'm talking about multi-billion dollar companies who would only do such a thing. Besides the fact that no one wants a free OS to have the most significant features windows has to offer. Including how accounts and passwords are handled completely different with different backbone altogether....
Ashley A - Mabon - Novalis - 222 - Mage
Azona - Mabon - Novalis - 209 - Druid
0x15 - Mabon - Novalis - 216 - Rogue

Allymia - Epona - 220 - Rogue
Fire Mage - Epona - 220 - Mage

Aethinry Donn - Belenus - 221 - Warrior
Dakara - Belenus - 200 - Mage

Its the behind the scenes as to why you WON'T see it. I assume its like trying to have linux OS work in a windows domain environment. A small company like VR would take too much time and resources for it to ever be worth it. I'm talking about multi-billion dollar companies who would only do such a thing. Besides the fact that no one wants a free OS to have the most significant features windows has to offer. Including how accounts and passwords are handled completely different with different backbone altogether....
ok lol. well i want it and thats it. lul
Send me your Questions!

I'm sure there will be backend differences, but just general gameplay will be different as well - instanced dungeons (eventually), randomized stay loot, subclasses, and more are all things that are vastly different than CH.

I can't really think of any better way to describe how complicated it would be to try and get two games to interact somehow lol.

I'm sure there will be backend differences, but just general gameplay will be different as well - instanced dungeons (eventually), randomized stay loot, subclasses, and more are all things that are vastly different than CH.

I can't really think of any better way to describe how complicated it would be to try and get two games to interact somehow lol.
yep but they should make it some what the same to intense CH players
Send me your Questions!

yep but they should make it some what the same to intense CH players
No. That seems to me like it would be a terrible idea, both from VR's side as well as the players. If you have two games that are similar, players won't have as much of a reason to play both.