Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Lets make Epona 2

Server dominance is a player-created thing, and will always exist. It is different than the argument between a dkp or fully random-based system, and I think that line is blurring too much through this thread. A dominant clan system has its own issues (not specific to any servers - whether roll-based or dkp-based). Epona is essentially a dom server (arguably one of the worst ones from what I've seen).

This whole thread is reminding me way too much of political arguments - the more people talk, the less sense they make, and the less likely they are to actually convince anyone else of anything.

As for the topic of WH:O...people can hope and guess as much as they want, but the only way to find out the loot distribution system will be to actually play it when it comes out.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Over on the Warhammer forums the question was asked, “what loot based systems do you want to use?” And then gave the options of rolls, voting, or dkp. Every single player (apart from like 2) said rolling because the other options allow for both greed and players telling others what the need to do for gear. They want it random and they feel rolls are the most fair (because it is), with one even suggestion to give everyone their own individual loot like in ESO or Guild Wars 2, which is pretty similar to my loot distribution idea.

So you see, I know what this game needs to be successful and what needs to happen to attract more players to Celtic Heroes. This game has gone down the wrong direction with dominance and I’m sure a lot of outsiders who are looking in on this game would agree.

https://forum.warhammerodyssey.com/t/wh ... to-use/147

Can already tell the Warhammer community will be my type of community, where people actually know what they’re doing lmao.
Celtic heroes =\= war hammer
This community =\= war hammer’s community.
We like dominance, they don’t. Feel free to go to warhammer community and never come back here if that’s the type of community u prefer :D

This game isn’t even as dead as everyone claims it is. We have players divided amongst 20 servers thats it. If they were to combine them into 4 regions u will easily get 200+ people online on each region at any given time, maybe 400+ for raids. With more players its less likely that one side will dominate, and the competition will be much more fierce.

Over on the Warhammer forums the question was asked, “what loot based systems do you want to use?” And then gave the options of rolls, voting, or dkp. Every single player (apart from like 2) said rolling because the other options allow for both greed and players telling others what the need to do for gear. They want it random and they feel rolls are the most fair (because it is), with one even suggestion to give everyone their own individual loot like in ESO or Guild Wars 2, which is pretty similar to my loot distribution idea.

So you see, I know what this game needs to be successful and what needs to happen to attract more players to Celtic Heroes. This game has gone down the wrong direction with dominance and I’m sure a lot of outsiders who are looking in on this game would agree.

Can already tell the Warhammer community will be my type of community, where people actually know what they’re doing lmao.
We like dominance, they don’t. Feel free to go to warhammer community and never come back here if that’s the type of community u prefer :D

This game isn’t even as dead as everyone claims it is. We have players divided amongst 20 servers thats it. If they were to combine them into 4 regions u will easily get 200+ people online on each region at any given time, maybe 400+ for raids. With more players its less likely that one side will dominate, and the competition will be much more fierce.
Lol.
Warhammer = Celtic Heroes: Same developers, and VR stated they’re taking what they learned from Celtic Heroes and implementing it into Warhammer

Warhammer community = Celtic Heroes community: I guarantee you a large chuck of the players here will migrate to Warhammer lol. Some have already even migrated. Only difference will be all of the new comers, both new and veteran MMO players, from the outside.

You like dominance, not we. Unfortunately for you when many people here migrate to Warhammer and with Celtic Heroes inability to grow because of dominance you’ll be left in a much worse state than now. If there were fewer servers the game would scale along with the amount of players per server, and you’ll still be left with the problem of this games inability to grow. Fewer servers will just mean more fierce competition for loot which will turn even more people away (even with population scaling).

Besides Warhammer isn’t even out yet and we have no idea what the loot distribution will be, those players were just stating what they like to see in MMOs in general. They said dkp/voting both allow for too much greed and unwanted control, and a majority of players looking for an MMO obviously do not like that especially within the mobile market. The greed that comes along with it is painfully obvious, it’s gotten so bad here that people are unwilling to give up their power even with the game decaying before their very eyes because of their actions lol. Selfish and greedy, smh. It’s not about what you want, it’s about what the overall mobile market wants

I won’t be going anywhere because I don’t want this game to fail lol. You feel free to leave though, because with the less dominance supporters there are the easier it will be to convince VR to make these necessary changes if they want continued success with Celtic Heroes.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Epona the best everyone should transfer epona, and experience true freedom from the evil dom clans on other servers! #eponaforever! Let’s make epona 9,999,999,999,999,999,999,999

Lol.
Warhammer = Celtic Heroes: Same developers, and VR stated they’re taking what they learned from Celtic Heroes and implementing it into Warhammer

Warhammer community = Celtic Heroes community: I guarantee you a large chuck of the players here will migrate to Warhammer lol. Some have already even migrated. Only difference will be all of the new comers, both new and veteran MMO players, from the outside.

You like dominance, not we. Unfortunately for you when many people here migrate to Warhammer and with Celtic Heroes inability to grow because of dominance you’ll be left in a much worse state than now. If there were fewer servers the game would scale along with the amount of players per server, and you’ll still be left with the problem of this games inability to grow. Fewer servers will just mean more fierce competition for loot which will turn even more people away (even with population scaling).

Besides Warhammer isn’t even out yet and we have no idea what the loot distribution will be, those players were just stating what they like to see in MMOs in general. They said dkp/voting both allow for too much greed and unwanted control, and a majority of players looking for an MMO obviously do not like that especially within the mobile market. The greed that comes along with it is painfully obvious, it’s gotten so bad here that people are unwilling to give up their power even with the game decaying before their very eyes because of their actions lol. Selfish and greedy, smh. It’s not about what you want, it’s about what the overall mobile market wants

I won’t be going anywhere because I don’t want this game to fail lol. You feel free to leave though, because with the less dominance supporters there are the easier it will be to convince VR to make these necessary changes if they want continued success with Celtic Heroes.
Me and my clan dominating Herne for 4 Almost 5 constant years and still going strong will never go anywhere :P

Lol.

Me and my clan dominating Herne for 4 Almost 5 constant years and still going strong will never go anywhere :P
In those years there’s never really been a threat to this game... now there is. And I think I saw Curry over there on the forums as well ._.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

For those of you saying there is a threat to the game, I’d like to point you to this post by Difinitus:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102503&start=10#p812883
Tl dr: there is no threat to the game.
Ah yes, classic corporate speak. Using many words to say as little as possible. It’s highly unconvincing and we’re going to be sceptical. There’s a huge difference between supporting the game and developing it. I personally side with the doomsayers, because a game that is not actively being developed will not keep my interest for much longer. (Team Fortress 2 is an unusual exception, having not had an update for over 800 days and still going strong)

There absolutely is a threat to the game and Universal Gear Distribution Overhauls (UGDO) could help soften the new player experience. We need to retain as many people as possible. It’s not for everybody, but maybe it will help - I don’t know.

It’s also kind of insane that server “upgrades” and a single buggy, re-skinned raid boss would constitute an expansion worth the last three years - as said in the linked post. This just further convinces me there’s nothing to look forward to. Wasn’t there supposed to be a Crom raid boss or something in the gardens? I wonder what happened to that. I would love some more communication.

Those who wants to have competition and earn their drops thru hard work, go Dom servers plenty to choose from.
Those doesn’t , don’t go Epona, go somewhere else, server is already full and laggy.
Finally someone with a productive reply. U deserve a medal. :!:
Either that or we perma camp lower areas and boycott the mobs no more lvling
Rhiannon-

Restoration - Druid - level- 221
Lady Merlin - Mage - level - 172
Clan Unity
Goated Dps druid

Epona-

StormrageAwaken - Druid - level - 225 (semi-retired)
Dragonswrath - Ranger - level - 222 (retired)
Clan Affinity
Server Epona

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]