Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Is sharing accs allowed ?

Please name one game where they let you share accounts... not even Amazon or Netflix want you to share accounts
Apparently in overwatch its not ban worthy o.0
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo

Define “allowed,” cuz I mean yes, sure, your devices will “allow” it, but the CH support team won’t.

Also the reasons are kinda simple
1) VR/OTM own your accounts, not you, thus you don’t really have the right to share them (Same reason you cant really sell the toons or gear, etc...)
2) it makes everything a giant headache for everyone ._.

When in doubt, read the TOS ;)
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Technically sharing is allowed for toons like clan banks, eyes, lure bots etc.
...I'm not sure I know what those second 2 are; could someone please explain?
Edit: because I'm fairly certain the exception hasn't ever applied to anything beyond banks; campers, lockers, specialized tanks, lure monkeys, cooking toons, and designated pwr-lvl toons are all ones I've head of people trying to share that haven't gone well.

Granted, I have heard of a significant amount of leeway being given on close relations; ex. husband borrowing wife's tank for a raid, siblings dualing with each others accounts to power level new toons, etc. but even that has been taken far enough that have people have gotten Yammerd.
Last edited by Mind on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Technically sharing is allowed for toons like clan banks, eyes, lure bots etc.
...I'm not sure I know what those second 2 are; could someone please explain?
Eyes are probably camper toons. Lure bots... seems suspicious lol
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

No, account sharing is not allowed. It's partly a security issue, partly because it's not fair and/or confusing for other players, and partly because it has the potential for huge headaches for Support - as well as other reasons us players may not know about or consider.

Security reason:
Account sharing is rarely allowed in any case, regardless of whether it's your top secret government account, your email account, or your throwaway account for some random website or game that you play once and never get back to. It may or may not seem like a security issue in this particular case (if you have a completely random username and password), but a lot of people tend to reuse the same passwords/usernames across multiple locations, so it's best to avoid it in all cases.

Not fair/confusing:
Sharing accounts would incentivize clans to create clan-wide lock and bossing characters that could be brought to any and all fights. That's not fair for any players - raids are about trying to get people online, and sometimes bad timing for certain players in one clan could be what a smaller clan needs to get the odd endgame boss, to help prevent server domination. It could also lead to issues where you won't necessarily know who is currently logged in as which character - which can be (at best) confusing, or even worse, allow for scams...if you don't know who you are (really) trading, you can't be sure if you can trust them - whether in dicing, boss hunt groups, or whatever. I could easily see less-than-trustworthy players logging onto a shared account for a boss, not saying who they are, then steal the drops - and no one knows who took it (really only applies in certain cases, but still a possibility).

Support issues:
If multiple players can freely and legally log onto the same account, it's veeery easy for scams to happen. Any items on the shared characters are at risk. When (not if) items go missing, players are gonna be upset, and Support really doesn't have the time or desire to try and track down/deal with even more scams and stolen items.

Now yes, a lot of these are "what if" scenarios - not necessarily guaranteed. People may think "well I only want to share it with my sibling or RL friend - I can trust them!". Well yes, sometimes that is the case - but the issue is more along the lines of what everyone else would do if it were allowed. In the end, my guess is that it's just safer and more secure (for both the player and the developers) for users to keep their account details private. Of course, I'm in no way associated with VR, and I can't read minds, (at least not at this distance)so I don't know if any of these are part of the reason, or what other reasons VR might have for it - these just seem like they make the most sense to me.
They aren't going to ban anyone for sharing an account that lives in the same location like siblings would. If so, they are doing a horrible job at enforcing the rule because I know dozens of people who play each orhers accounts.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Our stance is that we don't support the sharing of account information because it is to protect YOU from bad things happening. If your account is compromised because you gave your login credentials to another person, then our Support Team may be unable to assist you with the account recovery of items and/or characters.

If you don't want to lose your hard work and items, don't let others play on your account.