Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Dear developers, Epona needs help

If you go onto the App Store and read the reviews for this game, the top 5 problems mentioned are:
1. Dominant clans ruining the game by:
a. Being jerks to outsiders (one person referred to them as the mafia lmao)
b. Hoarding all of the bosses/preventing others from getting those bosses/locking players out of content (ksing and griefing were mentioned a few times)
c. Them requiring members to invest ridiculous amounts of time for gear

2. How horrible/boring leveling is

3. Slow support team

4. Players overpricing everything

5. The typical complaints shouting pay to win

If you don’t believe me go read the bad reviews for yourself. They’re all valid problems (apart from the pay to win, that can easily be debunked). VR should be focusing most on those issues. Also notice how content or drops weren’t mentioned as much as the other problems. Lack of content is still a problem though.

I totally agree with zkills on this one, if VR can work on these aspects it'll make game alot more better, about leveling it's so annoying, takes bout 10 combos to level at 210+ just imagine 15minsx10 so time consuming and mentally destabilizing, spending 2hrs30min+ just killing anything that spawns could make you a serial killer rl, I suggest adding xp capsules like most games have, different tiers all u need to do is use the capsule and u gain instant xp can be used for widom lix too, and if VR considers it, it's definitely gonna raise the amount of in app purchased made.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING A HERO AND A COWARD IS NOT WHETHER YOU ARE SCARED IT'S WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE SCARED

> Constant posting about Epona being the best server
> Players join Epona
> Too many players on Epona causing loot distribution issues
>

Have y'all considered maybe changing your rules to fix the issue? It's why most servers have competition, there isn't enough gear to go around.
:lol:
I say we just delete the server, problem solved right?
That's a irrational and silly, not well thought solution, what's gonna happen to all the players there, especially the ones who spent real money in game, and everyone knows epona is the major source of income to the game devs.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING A HERO AND A COWARD IS NOT WHETHER YOU ARE SCARED IT'S WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE SCARED

> Players join Epona
>

Have y'all considered maybe changing your rules to fix the issue? It's why most servers have competition, there isn't enough gear to go around.
That's a irrational and silly, not well thought solution, what's gonna happen to all the players there, especially the ones who spent real money in game, and everyone knows epona is the major source of income to the game devs.
I'm fairly certain that bob was being slightly sarcastic with his post here.

A more reasonable suggestion might be to sort through all the users here on the forum based on how many of their posts reference Epona, and temp ban the top 25-50 users :lol:
Less advertising = less players swarming to Epona = more gear to go around and less lag :?

Because a user's forum account is unrelated to any of their in-game accounts or even servers, there's no worry about who has spent how much money on the game.
Just an alternate solution ;)
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

If you go onto the App Store and read the reviews for this game, the top 5 problems mentioned are:
1. Dominant clans ruining the game by:
a. Being jerks to outsiders (one person referred to them as the mafia lmao)
b. Hoarding all of the bosses/preventing others from getting those bosses/locking players out of content (ksing and griefing were mentioned a few times)
c. Them requiring members to invest ridiculous amounts of time for gear

2. How horrible/boring leveling is

3. Slow support team

4. Players overpricing everything

5. The typical complaints shouting pay to win

If you don’t believe me go read the bad reviews for yourself. They’re all valid problems (apart from the pay to win, that can easily be debunked). VR should be focusing most on those issues. Also notice how content or drops weren’t mentioned as much as the other problems. Lack of content is still a problem though.

I totally agree with zkills on this one, if VR can work on these aspects it'll make game alot more better, about leveling it's so annoying, takes bout 10 combos to level at 210+ just imagine 15minsx10 so time consuming and mentally destabilizing, spending 2hrs30min+ just killing anything that spawns could make you a serial killer rl, I suggest adding xp capsules like most games have, different tiers all u need to do is use the capsule and u gain instant xp can be used for widom lix too, and if VR considers it, it's definitely gonna raise the amount of in app purchased made.
If VR simply took the time to make changes to the loot distribution so that everyone who participates has a chance at a drop removing dominance/toxic competition from the game, adjust the exp curve again so that it doesn’t take hours and hours of lixing to reach endgame, and then make a content rich expansion that gives us new quests that lead to endgame, this game would be perfect and worth investing more time into. As of now things are just progressively getting worse and worse and many people would rather spend their free time elsewhere. Whether if it’s because of the players destroying their own servers or VRs lack of action on these issues.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Four pages and no reply... chances are we are going to have to fix it ourselves. The only way to efficiently fix this server is to have lock wars like the game was intended in the first place. This is the reason why we only have eight player groups, if drops were meant to go to the whole server we would have 30 player groups right?

Four pages and no reply... chances are we are going to have to fix it ourselves. The only way to efficiently fix this server is to have lock wars like the game was intended in the first place. This is the reason why we only have eight player groups, if drops were meant to go to the whole server we would have 30 player groups right?
Lock battles weren’t even a thing for a while in the early days. Before everyone fought the boss until the end and nobody knew which group would get the drops until the way end. Lock (and level lock) was put into the game because of the widespread kill stealing that was going on and lock helped prevent players from ruining people’s elixirs so easily because a higher level player could easily take the kills from a lower level player, and then people turned the lock mechanic into a competitive feature amongst endgame bosses. I also don’t think the 8 group limit was made with bosses in mind, because it was made long before serious bossing was a thing. My best bet is they simply didn’t want people forming up massive groups to easily clear zones for easy exp.

I highly doubt otm intended for this game to be as competitive as it is now, and they just simply went along with it because that’s how the players shaped this game to be. Meaning otm never had a real vision for this game and went with the flow, and now we’re feeling the effects of it. VR can still fix things.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Lock battles weren’t even a thing for a while in the early days. Before everyone fought the boss until the end and nobody knew which group would get the drops until the way end. Lock (and level lock) was put into the game because of the widespread kill stealing that was going on and lock helped prevent players from ruining people’s elixirs so easily because a higher level player could easily take the kills from a lower level player, and then people turned the lock mechanic into a competitive feature amongst endgame bosses.

I highly doubt otm intended for this game to be as competitive as it is now, and they just simply went along with it because that’s how the players shaped this game to be. Meaning otm never had a real vision for this game and went with the flow, and now we’re feeling the effects of it. VR can still fix things.
Pretty sure it was a thing because dicing was not always a part of the game. That was added later on.

IDK think VR is putting us into consideration, the problem here is not just on Epona alone it's all the servers, and I think it's high time we took matters into our own hands, I suggest we all unite and form a "council of Bossing" ( pls feel free to suggest a better name) whereby players work together and take turns in defeating bosses like mord, prot, gele, necro, and hrung, it will require alot of respect and trust from all sides and will apply to all clans as long as they can defeat the boss, for example of we have three clans on a server that can kill gele they'll take turns in defeat gele and repeat the cycle, in such way gear distribution will be equal and fair.

> Players join Epona
>

Nooooooo! Dont delete Epona. Maybe ban those people who complains.
World: Epona
Clan: Enigma
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

World:ARAWN
Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

Lock battles a dom world thing, you can choose from a lot of servers If you want lock battles. I doubt that there Will be an EG Player in Epona that Will help you start a dom clan. We need to think of a better solution.
World: Epona
Clan: Enigma
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

World:ARAWN
Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid