Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

No Dino Weapons

18 kills and Sulis still didn't get a single Dino weapon.
What's up with these drop rates??
Kinda ridiculous don't you think?
Drop rates for some specific items need to be looked at again by VR.
Sulis / Toxic
Sicario, 227 rogue
MF, 226 mage
Zot, 221 ranger
They call me the raid boss slayer.
What's a D3stiny?

Re: No Dino Weapons

Rng. Other servers have gotten a few Dino weapons already (Epona got the best bow in the game after the first kill if I remember correctly lol. Idk what other weapons have dropped besides the knuckles I’ve seen). Just because you’re unlucky doesn’t mean the drop rates are bad, considering a dark Dino weapon is almost on par with a void gele weapon (in between shadow and void, leaning more towards the void) which is even more rare than a Dino weapon.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

250 kills and 8 BT helms
This game runs on pretty bad drop rates with RNG that is only consistent when you average every single server but is never appropriate if you look at the bell curve ._.
I still hold the beliefs I’ve had that the RNG formulas being used need some work to bring in the distribution a bit ._.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

250 kills and 8 BT helms
This game runs on pretty bad drop rates with RNG that is only consistent when you average every single server but is never appropriate if you look at the bell curve ._.
I still hold the beliefs I’ve had that the RNG formulas being used need some work to bring in the distribution a bit ._.
Yea exactly.
About same here with the helms. This is still just a mobile game after all.
I'm not even gonna respond to what Zkills wrote, it's just the usual no-knowledge nonsense talk.
I wonder why he's commenting on a drop rate thread when he isn't even participating in killing endgame bosses and has no idea what's actually dropping.
Sulis / Toxic
Sicario, 227 rogue
MF, 226 mage
Zot, 221 ranger
What's a D3stiny?

Weps on Mabon aren't too bad. We're on our 33 ish kill and we have gotten quite a bit of weapons so far. Maybe around 10
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo

Weps on Mabon aren't too bad. We're on our 33 ish kill and we have gotten quite a bit of weapons so far. Maybe around 10
That’s the point .-. It’s same way with BT some servers have half or less kills than we do and the same or more helms ._.
Just cuz one server does well doesn’t mean drop rates are appropriate. I can’t acquire a drop that is on Mabon for my toon on gwyd after all.
If you can when only looking at each server in isolation say the RNG works and is providing the results you want, then the RNG is broken. Whether if it’s too high, or in the case with BT helms and maybe dino weps, too low.

In other words, cool, glad you got lucky, but what the flying fish does that mean for the game as a whole hehe

Edit: hail typos
Last edited by bob the mage on Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob The God

That's crazy.
Either Mabon is extremely lucky or Sulis is just very unlucky.
I don't know what it is yet.
Anyways, I'm sure most of your weapons are Knuckleblades lol.
Sulis / Toxic
Sicario, 227 rogue
MF, 226 mage
Zot, 221 ranger
What's a D3stiny?

I'm not even gonna respond to what Zkills wrote, it's just the usual no-knowledge nonsense talk.
Lol sorry if it wasn’t what you wanted to hear and I didn’t let you have your late night cookie. The facts are facts though. Mabon is on 33 kill and has 10 weapons, you have 18 kills. What if on next 18 kills you got 10 weapons? Would the drop rates all the sudden be wonderful and amazing? :roll: Rng is rng, and because other servers have gotten plenty of weapons I highly doubt VR will change the drop rates at least until the raid is fixed, then they might consider it I imagine.

If people weren’t killing Dino as consistently as they are now (cause of reasons) then I’d understand an increase in drop rates on certain items to match the difficulty of the raid, but as we all know that’s not the case. Remember that this raid drops loot that’s even better than some bt/Gele items.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Lol sorry if it wasn’t what you wanted to hear and I didn’t let you have your late night cookie. The facts are facts though. Mabon is on 33 kill and has 10 weapons, you have 18 kills. What if on next 18 kills you got 10 weapons? Would the drop rates all the sudden be wonderful and amazing? :roll: Rng is rng, and because other servers have gotten plenty of weapons I highly doubt VR will change the drop rates at least until the raid is fixed, then they might consider it I imagine.

If people weren’t killing Dino as consistently as they are now (cause of reasons) then I’d understand an increase in drop rates on certain items to match the difficulty of the raid, but as we all know that’s not the case. Remember that this raid drops loot that’s even better than some bt/Gele items.
RNG is RNG you dingus .-.
Like any other function of probability, it exists not completely random but with a designed bell curve in mind. A bell curve shows how far off individual occurrences are from the designed mean (that means average, or what you get when you add up all the numbers and divide by the quantity of numbers).

If the formula is so broken where one server gets 20 of X in 50 instances and another gets 8 of X in 250 instances, you don’t just say “welp it’s random” because it isn’t. The goal of RNG is to add an “element” of randomness, not to say “well sucks to be you.” A decent programmer can look at the RNG formula and edit it so that way the distribution has controls to bring it in, to make it closer to the desired. This way you may see 20 of X in 50 instances on one server and then 18 of X in 52 instances. Not the same, but it’s close enough to be considered reasonable, and more importantly, appropriate.
Bob The God

RNG is RNG you dingus .-.
Like any other function of probability, it exists not completely random but with a designed bell curve in mind. A bell curve shows how far off individual occurrences are from the designed mean (that means average, or what you get when you add up all the numbers and divide by the quantity of numbers).

If the formula is so broken where one server gets 20 of X in 50 instances and another gets 8 of X in 250 instances, you don’t just say “welp it’s random” because it isn’t. The goal of RNG is to add an “element” of randomness, not to say “well sucks to be you.” A decent programmer can look at the RNG formula and edit it so that way the distribution has controls to bring it in, to make it closer to the desired. This way you may see 20 of X in 50 instances on one server and then 18 of X in 52 instances. Not the same, but it’s close enough to be considered reasonable, and more importantly, appropriate.
I was hoping I could put my statistics class behind me but I guess it has its uses ._. Yes rng is rng, that’s what I said, not sure what you were trying to imply there lol. You should also know that 18 kills is too small to even be considered a sample size lol. And the fact that one server has 10 weapons after 33 kills and another has 0 after 18 kills really goes to show that neither can be considered a reliable sample size. This has been explained countless times before when people complain about a certain drop to kill ratio when in reality the sample size they’re going off of is no where near reliable meaning they’re basically complaining about how unlucky they are and placing that blame elsewhere when really nothing is to blame but their too small of a sample size that gives them false impressions.

An example of a good sample size imo to go off of to determine a drop rate would be something like the total amount of mordys killed and the chance of a moon helm (any tier) dropping. Countless amounts of mordris’s have been killed since release and so its pretty safe to determine an accurate drop rate for moon helms.