Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Recommended tablets for Celtic heroes

Just wanted to see everyone’s opinion on the affordable tablets that would run this game with all the graphics pretty fast, think I’m tryInfo to stay away from apple products because they seem pretty laggy and super expensive. Anyone have some suggestions?
I play with iPad Air 2 and an iPad mini, neither of which have ever really had any issues with lag (outside of maybe 50-60 players gathered for BT a while ago, though what device wouldn't lag at that with maxed graphics - they were still playable though, especially once I turned the graphics down a little). However, you are dead on with the price issue ;)

I know you said you wanted to avoid apple - I just wanted to throw my experiences out there.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Just wanted to see everyone’s opinion on the affordable tablets that would run this game with all the graphics pretty fast, think I’m tryInfo to stay away from apple products because they seem pretty laggy and super expensive. Anyone have some suggestions?
I play with iPad Air 2 and an iPad mini, neither of which have ever really had any issues with lag (outside of maybe 50-60 players gathered for BT a while ago, though what device wouldn't lag at that with maxed graphics - they were still playable though, especially once I turned the graphics down a little). However, you are dead on with the price issue ;)

I know you said you wanted to avoid apple - I just wanted to throw my experiences out there.

With my ipad air 2 it lagged and crashed on full graphics o.0 Maybe it was an ipad air 1? idk but I bought a new tablet a samsung galaxy S6 tablet when dino came out because when I found out reaction time was key to avoid orbs, lag wasn't an option. Also, I couldn't lower graphics because then I wouldn't see orbs.

One little critique about it tho is that the rendering is a bit iffy and sometimes for a split second if you look somewhere else in large spaceless areas you see blackness. Another was that the touchscreen responsiveness was a lil different so that felt weird but I got used to it.

Oh and combined with my incredible internet, it NEVER lags unless its a CH issue.
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo

With my ipad air 2 it lagged and crashed on full graphics o.0 Maybe it was an ipad air 1? idk but I bought a new tablet a samsung galaxy S6 tablet when dino came out because when I found out reaction time was key to avoid orbs, lag wasn't an option. Also, I couldn't lower graphics because then I wouldn't see orbs.

One little critique about it tho is that the rendering is a bit iffy and sometimes for a split second if you look somewhere else in large spaceless areas you see blackness. Another was that the touchscreen responsiveness was a lil different so that felt weird but I got used to it.

Oh and combined with my incredible internet, it NEVER lags unless its a CH issue.
iPad Air 2 came out in 2014... aka 6 years ago.
Why are you surprised? lol
Show me any android tablet from 6 years ago that can even run CH at all.

Conclusion: Just buy a new iPad.

Both my iPad Pro and iPhone XS are running super smooth and easily outdo any android device.
Sulis / Toxic
Sicario, 227 rogue
MF, 226 mage
Zot, 221 ranger
They call me the raid boss slayer.
What's a D3stiny?

iPad Air 2 came out in 2014... aka 6 years ago.
Why are you surprised? lol
Show me any android tablet from 6 years ago that can even run CH at all.

Conclusion: Just buy a new iPad.

Both my iPad Pro and iPhone XS are running super smooth and easily outdo any android device.

I think you're confused because I said I bought a new android tablet to replace my iPad. I was telling him my iPad air 2 lagged like crazy after he said his didn't suffer any lag at all.

I bought a new android tablet because its cheaper than an ipad, not because its "better". Yes a six year old tablet would also lag like crazy. You just assumed I thought I meant a six year old android tablet wouldn't lag as bad because I emphasized no lag at ALL with my new one. I said that because he said "though what device wouldn't lag at that with maxed graphics" and I said, my new android tablet doesn't.
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo

Just turn off Real Time Lighting and Shadows, that will increase performance dramatically. My battery holds up like twice longer. For 50 ppl raids use Default Characters. On devices with 2 Gb memory you should clear background apps - browser, Facebook, etc. If game still runs badly, try Fast Graphic and Fast Terrain.