Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: A question to all endgame rogues!!

Does 0 dmg to necro, im guessing thats why most say its poison base.
It’s most likely because OTM actually bothered to put creativity into necro that hasn’t been seen in any other boss. Life steal was implemented the same time necro was so they probably figured and thought what was said previously “you can’t steal life from an undead necromancer” lol. He steals your life (quite literally for some people lmao), you can’t steal his.
No, its because its poison damage lol.
One answer gives the functional answer, the other explains the lore - both are right lol. It's a good thing when lore explains game functionality, especially when it doesn't happen much (like in CH)
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Does 0 dmg to necro, im guessing thats why most say its poison base.
It’s most likely because OTM actually bothered to put creativity into necro that hasn’t been seen in any other boss. Life steal was implemented the same time necro was so they probably figured and thought what was said previously “you can’t steal life from an undead necromancer” lol. He steals your life (quite literally for some people lmao), you can’t steal his.
No, its because its poison damage lol.
You don’t know for sure. They could have thought about the idea that you can’t steal life from the undead and then simply thought since necro is already immune to psn dmg just make life steal deal psn dmg.

Life steal should honestly just deal raw dmg with no typing, kinda like the regen weapons which I think deals 1k dmg along with the heal... never had an opportunity to test the proc.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Life steal dealt poison damage before necro was introduced to the game.
While this is true (Efinisien was released into the game on October 31, 2013, and Life Steal with the Dragonfire update in May 2013), we don't know how long it took OTM to design Efinisien - it's possible that the encounter and the skill were being worked on around the same time.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Life steal dealt poison damage before necro was introduced to the game.
While this is true (Efinisien was released into the game on October 31, 2013, and Life Steal with the Dragonfire update in May 2013), we don't know how long it took OTM to design Efinisien - it's possible that the encounter and the skill were being worked on around the same time.
No doubt. Considering, based off of the dates you provided, necro was released about 5 months after dragonfire came out. Necro must have been in the works long before that October date, most likely being designed/developed along side the dragonfire update. With a raid as complicated/well designed as necro was at the time it very well likely required longer periods of testing/development. Maybe OTM wanted to release Necro with the dragonfire update but were unable to meet the deadline and had to push necros release further back, or they started on Necro but simply didn’t have the time or resources to continue with development as they were so focused on getting dragonfire released/dealing with all the bugs that possibly came from it. All we can really do is speculate how things happened back in 2013

Off topic but who cares. The OP got his answer already

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

But you can life steal skeletons, hrungnir and other dead things who aren't immune to poison lol. Lifesteal does poison damage and doesn't work on necro because of his immunity lol - not some weird life steal lore. Pretty obvious.
Her*
Don't you ever look up her robe?
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

But you can life steal skeletons, hrungnir and other dead things who aren't immune to poison lol. Lifesteal does poison damage and doesn't work on necro because of his immunity lol - not some weird life steal lore. Pretty obvious.
Necro is a badass undead necromancer who summons his own army and has influence over his followers. The skeles are just annoying adds. The badass necromancer had more thought put into him, the annoying skeles are just there to throw ice in your face. The skeles don’t even really contribute that much to the raid unlike the spirits which are only vulnerable to divine dmg.

Also, it’s called using a little bit of creativity. You should try using it some time, it’ll make everything a whole lot more fun for you.

It's hits hard on anything that's has zero poison resists, but hits very low on things with poison resists so by that logic I'd say yea it's poison damage.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Her*
Don't you ever look up her robe?
Do you read the lore? Efnistein is the prince of kingdom of Gwent. "Prince" If thats not enough he got a magic caldron to resurrect people from dead. Read the further lore in wiki or other sites. Necro is Male
I hope that one day, I will be able to ascend to "Heaven".
Where I play guitar and violin along with sipping a tea.
In a beautiful and breathtaking place and to converse in many languages.
That is my dream. That is my "Heaven"