Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: If i was to start a YouTube channel

Idk, I’ve got mixed feelings about what I’d like to see. Fury does a decent job of covering a wide range of topics and there are a decent number of people who focus on specific things (builds, pvp, stats, merching, leveling, etc.). Most of them do a good job with it, it’s just hard to market to a good audience.
I feel like a role-playing walkthrough might be well-received for newer players or and some people like things like that (myself included if done well, it’s just that there’s a lot of things that can turn me away). There is a good bit of lore in the game, but it only fits early game in a lot of ways; late game is very much centered on what you do as a clan (and/or open server conglomerate) so it becomes more about the people and less about the game.

There is a part of me that wants to see a group of people with a good team dynamic and plenty of banter start from scratch and go till endgame. Something like that might fit into the YouTube-able dynamic well. It would appeal to new players cause it would start from scratch, but ideally there would be enough entertaining interaction between the players to interest people who are familiar with the game, and especially later on as they do bigger stuff. The issues are plentiful though: a large enough group to do some moderately sized stuff, but a large group is hard to coordinate especially for videoing stuff. And eventually stuff is going to get tedious and nobody wants to watch people camp for several hours at a time.

Idk, it’s something I’ve thought about, but don’t know what kind of content is marketable. Not to say that OP shouldn’t try it, by all means go for it if you see something enjoyable and marketable.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

If i started a YouTube channel about Celtic Heroes, what would people wanna see on it?
Dont take on that yellow men, just do what you love most about ch
What? That was some honest, supportive feedback. Quit following me chuznick.

Again, if you have a niche that you feel you could fill, go forth and prosper, my good man. Or woman

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

If i started a YouTube channel about Celtic Heroes, what would people wanna see on it?
Dont take on that yellow men, just do what you love most about ch
What? That was some honest, supportive feedback. Quit following me chuznick.

Again, if you have a niche that you feel you could fill, go forth and prosper, my good man. Or woman
Oh no i didnt read one thing you said lul
i just said that to pull your yellow leggs :P
Lugh - Pegasus

Raburto - 230 nab fire mage
Rab Rogue - 221 dodo rogue

Idk, I’ve got mixed feelings about what I’d like to see. Fury does a decent job of covering a wide range of topics and there are a decent number of people who focus on specific things (builds, pvp, stats, merching, leveling, etc.). Most of them do a good job with it, it’s just hard to market to a good audience.
I feel like a role-playing walkthrough might be well-received for newer players or and some people like things like that (myself included if done well, it’s just that there’s a lot of things that can turn me away). There is a good bit of lore in the game, but it only fits early game in a lot of ways; late game is very much centered on what you do as a clan (and/or open server conglomerate) so it becomes more about the people and less about the game.

There is a part of me that wants to see a group of people with a good team dynamic and plenty of banter start from scratch and go till endgame. Something like that might fit into the YouTube-able dynamic well. It would appeal to new players cause it would start from scratch, but ideally there would be enough entertaining interaction between the players to interest people who are familiar with the game, and especially later on as they do bigger stuff. The issues are plentiful though: a large enough group to do some moderately sized stuff, but a large group is hard to coordinate especially for videoing stuff. And eventually stuff is going to get tedious and nobody wants to watch people camp for several hours at a time.

Idk, it’s something I’ve thought about, but don’t know what kind of content is marketable. Not to say that OP shouldn’t try it, by all means go for it if you see something enjoyable and marketable.
well i got a level 76 warrior that im currently leveling, havent seen alot of warrior stuff there, its just that i wish i could ge a sponsorship to make it easier for me

well i got a level 76 warrior that im currently leveling, havent seen alot of warrior stuff there, its just that i wish i could ge a sponsorship to make it easier for me
That's not how it works, not here at least.

It's something you should do for fun, not personal gain(because you probably won't see any anyway). I been a CH youtuber for a bit over a year, run the main CH discord(unofficial of course), and have helped countless people over the years, and have gotten... nothing for it. And you know what? I'm happy it's that way. The second people start giving into temptation and bribes is the second everything falls apart(kinda like how graal era's admin staff is a joke, corruption and favoritism everywhere). What I do helps people out, or at least keeps them entertained, in the end that is the only reason I need for continuing what I do.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Challenge videos will get a ton of attention... people love watching people turn a normal game into something even more difficult. Something like creating a completely new character from scratch and then limiting what you can do with that character such as trying to reach endgame using no consumables (includes res idols) besides exps. Or simply starting from scratch and you’re not allowed to receive any outside help period... no items/gold from your main or others (so no trading), no grouping up with others, you’re completely on your own (and no plat purchases obviously).

Nobody dares to do these types of challenges because they require a lot of time and work, but I’m certain they would be very popular. Otherwise there’s really nothing interesting you could do apart from maybe making montages of you finding rare mobs/items (plenty of them to farm for after unity update). People love that kind of stuff too, but nobody dares to do them because again they require a lot of time and work lol.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Challenge videos will get a ton of attention... people love watching people turn a normal game into something even more difficult. Something like creating a completely new character from scratch and then limiting what you can do with that character such as trying to reach endgame using no consumables (includes res idols) besides exps. Or simply starting from scratch and you’re not allowed to receive any outside help period... no items/gold from your main or others (so no trading), no grouping up with others, you’re completely on your own (and no plat purchases obviously).

Nobody dares to do these types of challenges because they require a lot of time and work, but I’m certain they would be very popular. Otherwise there’s really nothing interesting you could do apart from maybe making montages of you finding rare mobs/items (plenty of them to farm for after unity update). People love that kind of stuff too, but nobody dares to do them because again they require a lot of time and work lol.
Well i would like to start a serie where i make a toon of the clans most wanted class, and ill be a dedicated player to the clan and help, id love to do this but im not sitting on this massive fortune

Well i would like to start a serie where i make a toon of the clans most wanted class, and ill be a dedicated player to the clan and help, id love to do this but im not sitting on this massive fortune
Like Fury said earlier, anything that you want to contribute to the game or it's community is much appreciated, but it's rarely easy. If you have the time/skills/personality to do something for the community, that is wonderful, but don't do it because you are trying to get something out of it.

Thankfully it doesn't really take any money to make videos, only time and imagination (sometimes). If you use an IOS device, you have a built in screen recorder, while on Android there are several different apps that work to record your screen. Content-wise, my recommendation is to start small - keep it simple and easy for you to create. It's great to ask what players want to watch, but I'd recommend starting with things that you want to make. Also, don't have any high expectations for what you do, sometimes something can really take off and be a great resource or source of entertainment, but most of the time it just grows slowly.

Most importantly of all, don't do it unless it's something you are passionate about. Fury makes videos about things he finds interesting - merching, item reviews, cool tips/tricks, and so on. I built/update the CHDB site because it's fun for me, and I love the challenges that come with it. I even pay monthly to keep the site up because there are a lot of players who use and enjoy it. Does it bother me that I'm only losing money/time from that resource? Not really (at least at this point in my life) because I know that people like it, and that makes the investment worth it to me.

Anyways, if you really want to make videos about Celtic Heroes content (or if you have any other way that you want to contribute/interact with the CH community), I'd love to see them, but I'd caution against going into it with high hopes of gain/recognition.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!