Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: VR, We Really Do Need Answers

What I don't understand is why did they buy CH if they knew they wouldn't be able to commit to expanding it... Why should we get left on the sidelines for another game I think it's so wrong. Our game deserves to have a companies full attention we shouldn't be a side project. And the fact they still havnt replied to this thread is a joke.
Difinitus last Active is on 29th November , What kind of forum Manager is this

Without informing the players about anything.
You do realize that VR doesn't work over the weekends, right?

Difinitus or Schwing will occasionally check the forums on the weekend to make sure there's no emergency issues (like someone hacking gold or something else extremely time sensitive), but it's not guaranteed.
Please stop tagging me I didn't write anything about how active they are. That was the other guy.

Please stop tagging me I didn't write anything about how active they are. That was the other guy.
Sorry! Meant to remove your post from the quote but (obviously) forgot. Just edited it now for future readers.

What I don't understand is why did they buy CH if they knew they wouldn't be able to commit to expanding it... Why should we get left on the sidelines for another game I think it's so wrong. Our game deserves to have a companies full attention we shouldn't be a side project. And the fact they still havnt replied to this thread is a joke.
I'm assuming that VR knew they wouldn't be able to commit to expanding it....at first. I won't pretend to have any idea what was going on with OTM last year, or why development was transferred to VR - we simply don't know anything about why that happened.

My personal guess is that VR took on development of CH with the idea that they were going to work on both CH and WH Odyssey at the same time. However, something might have come up - maybe WH Odyssey started running behind schedule and they had to start dedicating more resources toward it to stay on schedule. That would seem to explain why the spring event was quite a bit more fleshed out than the Samhain event, and why they have grown quiet(er) over the past few months. I also recall seeing somewhere that WH Odyssey was supposed to be released in early 2020, but there still hasn't really been any news of any sort of beta - even the last video they released (last week) was only showing pre-alpha footage.

Of course, this is all conjecture, I'm only guessing at what's happening. VR has been pretty bad at communication - hopefully they can work more on that.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

graphics were improved 5 years ago, it has been 5 years since the android release now. why have we not seen any improvements in graphics and mechanics i might add? we have been on unity 3 since 2014 lol, theres 2 whole new engine updates to unity lol, with big improvements when comparing modern unity 5 to unity 3. we wouldn't have so much to ask if the dev team didnt keep everything so confidential.
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

this game is a dead joke now.

quit half a year ago, haven't seen any meaningful content added.
the key for old players logging in nowadays is to try everything they can to recreate the golden days of ch. that's why i just bought earthstone bp and legs, heroic boots/gloves, and a golden warmagic helm that pales in comparison to the og bloodlust helm lol
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

this game is a dead joke now.

quit half a year ago, haven't seen any meaningful content added.
the key for old players logging in nowadays is to try everything they can to recreate the golden days of ch. that's why i just bought earthstone bp and legs, heroic boots/gloves, and a golden warmagic helm that pales in comparison to the og bloodlust helm lol
Idk. The golden days to me was everything pre engine update. The old engine is so memorable and you could run the game on an IPod 4 lol. Once the engine update came out and forced players to buy better devices, and then gelebrons tower came around increasing the level cap to 220 the game took a big dip downwards. You can try to play only content released up to dragonfire, but with all the content ahead of dragonfire you’re not going to get the same feeling.

Necro is a very well made raid boss, probably the best in the game, and would serve as the perfect most difficult boss in the game and could set the standards for all other raids. Necro being killed with players levels 180-200 was truly fun to watch. Youre not going to see that now days even if people tried because of competition. While the new raids are great, they’re just not as good as Necro and have many flaws, and the loot they drop pushes stats to godly amounts which is not good design imo and only forces the Developers to create more and more difficult bosses. Gele should have about the same difficulty as BT, and gele and BT should have about the same difficulty as Dino.

It would be really cool if VR made a Celtic Heroes Classic version of this game (like WoW classic) and only had content from dragonfire and everything before it in the game. Ik VR probably wouldn’t be able to bring back the old engine and all that old data, but they could try to recreate it with the resources they have today. And quite honestly I would much rather have them expand upon a classic version with 190 being the soft cap vs the game we have now. The game we have now has gone waaaay off track in terms of lore and what not. Completely get rid of gelebrons tower and Dino, they don’t fit well in the game design wise and lore wise. Recreate CG so that it fits with the dragonfire content.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I don’t remember what I’ve read on the forums over
time that gave me the impression that VR was working with OTM in CH long before CG was released. I’ve seen some people on forums say OTM was better than VR but I think they have collabed together for some time longer than what we think. I think both companies have their faults. Imo I don’t think otm was worse at communication than VR. Muldar tried not to keep us in the dark so much and
Tried giving us information whenever he could. He communicated a lot with us and Definitus doesn’t so much but I can’t blame him either for that. The community sometimes would eat Muldar alive lol it was sad how he was spoken to by some disrespectful, ungrateful community members and I think Definitus doesn’t tolerate that whatsoever. Therefore we aren’t getting the communication we would like from VR. Vr tried to give us a sneak peak at the Hellhorse(idk correct name) and people replied poorly
To it lol. People wanted some insight to this year’s Samhain event and then were very disappointed with the Hellhorse. Just seems like people are hard to please. So many on here complain. Why not move on to another game? Because of
Time wasted? You’re wasting more time on it now, as we speak, on a game you’re unhappy with. Because of the money spent? Sorry about that but it’s time to let go. I’ve spend too much on this game and I’m okay with the loss. I no longer spend $ on it. Just log in from from time
to time. But I rather not waste my time on a game that is t worth it to me anymore. I just think many others should
do the same if they don’t enjoy it like they used to. If not, then by all means, spend more time and money on CH. continue to support it so many others can enjoy it as well. Keep the company running. The servers running. I would like for this game to prosper and maybe someday this game will improve but for now my time and $ goes elsewhere. Just my $0.02
Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

graphics were improved 5 years ago, it has been 5 years since the android release now. why have we not seen any improvements in graphics and mechanics i might add? we have been on unity 3 since 2014 lol, theres 2 whole new engine updates to unity lol, with big improvements when comparing modern unity 5 to unity 3. we wouldn't have so much to ask if the dev team didnt keep everything so confidential.
Not entirely true. The game was originally on Unity 4 (not 3), and VR spent a good 5-6 months updating the game to Unity 2018 last year, because iOS (per usual) was not going to let them release any updates until they were on Unity 2018 (I'm assuming that's the Unity 5 you mentioned).

Developer Diary: Unity 2018

If by improvements to graphics, you mean flashier graphics, we have gotten a taste of that in the spirit mounts and phoenixes. If you mean more detail...that seems like it would require VR to completely redesign everything in the game, which definitely isn't gonna happen lol. You can't add more detail to art that has already been created.

New mechanics for future content would be awesome, but I don't really have anything to say on the feasibility.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!