Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Novalis of Mabon kills Dhiothu!!!!

Good job guys. I hope drops did make you feel it's worth spending so much time and resources on the broken boss.
Pfft who cares about the drops. They completed an extremely difficult challenge, and that's the important part!

Drop quality only comes into consideration if you kill it multiple times :?

Congratz Novalis! Good job.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Good job guys. I hope drops did make you feel it's worth spending so much time and resources on the broken boss.
Pfft who cares about the drops. They completed an extremely difficult challenge, and that's the important part!

You think no one care about drops ? Funny..

extremely difficult challenge
That exists in this game? My Hagvar the Hairy challenge is more difficult than dino.. only 2 people or so have managed to complete it lmao (thread now sits at 6.4k views)
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

That exists in this game? My Hagvar the Hairy challenge is more difficult than dino.. only 2 people or so have managed to complete it lmao (thread now sits at 6.4k views)
He’s just trying to stay positive, guys. :) Defeating Dino in itself is an accomplishment. It took quite a while for servers to figure out how to kill it... I don’t know about you guys but that seems like a challenge to me.

And it’s a good thing that not all challenges have equal difficulty. Otherwise this world would be quite boring.
Last edited by Angmar Reid on Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

He’s just trying to stay positive, guys. :) Defeating Dino in itself is an accomplishment. It took quite a while for servers to figure out how to kill it... I don’t know about you guys but that seems like a challenge to me.

And it’s a good thing that not all challenges have equal difficulty. Otherwise this world would be quite boring.

First of all congratz novalis!

I agree that the challenge is fun at first. However, once you have figured out the strategy it will become as repetetive as the other raid bosses like bt, gele and prot. Then on top of it, dhino drops even more junk with too few drops per kill

So yeah, once the challenge isn’t a challenge anymore, what then?
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

First of all congratz novalis!

I agree that the challenge is fun at first. However, once you have figured out the strategy it will become as repetetive as the other raid bosses like bt, gele and prot. Then on top of it, dhino drops even more junk with too few drops per kill

So yeah, once the challenge isn’t a challenge anymore, what then?
It could be a challenge, if VR decides to fix dino. Rooting the adds and then spanking the boss until it dies isn’t really a challenge and is rather a tedious chore that will get repetitive and will start to irritate people for the wrong reasons. No one ever liked overly long prot kills so why would people like overly long dino kills (beyond rage)? Each add has about 40 seconds or so if I remember correctly before it explodes? That adds a timed challenge to the raid. It makes it more engaging and has you on the edge of your seat, similar to the shield on the Reaver boss.

BT was supposed to be a challenge, but then people found a way to avoid killing one of the roots and then complained until BT was nerfed... now it’s a tedious chore.

Gele could be more of a challenge if there was no way to break his shield whenever bashes missed.

Prot could be more of a challenge if he was immune to bolas similar to that of Hrung.

People ask for a challenge, but when a challenge is presented people always find the nearest tedious shortcut to get around those challenges.. and then they go back to saying how it isn’t challenging. It’s starting to become a trend with this community

And congrats Nova, way to give WolfGang some more spankings lol.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

People ask for a challenge, but when a challenge is presented people always find the nearest tedious shortcut to get around those challenges.. and then they go back to saying how it isn’t challenging. It’s starting to become a trend with this community
I don’t recall anyone claiming that BT and Dhiothu aren’t a challenge.

In fact, as someone that has done the raid several times now (as well as talking to other endgame players) I can tell you it is far too difficult even with unconventional strategies that people have come up with, without which the raid is far too volatile and can be instantly and irreparably wipes by one person making a mistake.

I’ve been there, when the clan wipes and one person made the mistake of getting negative energy and healing the add it doesn’t make a create environment.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

I don’t recall anyone claiming that BT and Dhiothu aren’t a challenge.

In fact, as someone that has done the raid several times now (as well as talking to other endgame players) I can tell you it is far too difficult even with unconventional strategies that people have come up with, without which the raid is far too volatile and can be instantly and irreparably wipes by one person making a mistake.

I’ve been there, when the clan wipes and one person made the mistake of getting negative energy and healing the add it doesn’t make a create environment.
BT pre nerf was a challenge. It wasn’t uncommon for good endgame clans to wipe on it if things went south. Post nerf it’s just another kill on spawn boss. BT never hit its full potential as people found a way to avoiding killing one of the roots straight away. Pagga called BT a repetitive boss after basically saying once a boss becomes repetitive it is no longer a challenge.

You were apart of the closed beta right? Did you ever catch what difinitus said when I brought up the general requirements for dino? He basically said it was for well above average geared players, obviously hinting towards 27ish full dg toons with top end gear. Idk if mods can view that forum anymore, but go see for yourself if you can. Of course it’s going to seem impossible if you run in there undergeared and it’s honestly hard to give good feedback of the boss if it’s never been killed as VR intended. Of course it never helped that dino was never properly tested in the closed beta.