Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Next Update

1. Bring back old events
2. More EG content with new areas (desperately needed)
3. Merge dying servers. 19 servers is ridiculous and there are only core players left in this game now. No new blood due to many factors lack of advertising being one of them.

(Number 3 being the most important in my opinion especially if VR even cares to save the last remaining vestiges of its loyal player base that may be stranded on a dead or potentially dying server)
More midgame content and a more streamlined path to endgame would be more important in my opinion. Instead of trying to keep old (core) players around, I think it'd be a better idea to focus on keeping more casual players interested and invested in the game. Adding more endgame content would temporarily fix the issue, until players play it out and get bored. If VR isn't planning on releasing regular larger updates, then they at least need to keep the inflow going. There's plenty of endgame content as it is (especially for a mobile game), the problem is that it's old to those of us who have been around for years. For newer/casual players, there's arguably too much endgame content.

To be completely honest, I don't care as much about the "loyal player base" (despite being part of it myself :? ). It's great that players are staying with the game for extended periods of time, but if there isn't much new blood coming in, it starts to get stagnant and boring.
Perhaps lack of advertising is a part of it, though based on online measurements (IOS September SensorTower Review and Android September SensorTower Review), CH isn't having any trouble getting downloads. Granted it probably isn't completely accurate, but 17k downloads across IOS and Android for September alone is pretty good. Obviously a lot of those may be faked, deleted without being played, or quit after a few levels. Others are likely to make it to levels 20-60 or so. I usually see quite a few lower levels wandering around the beginning areas, but once they get to stonevale or the otherworld (once it starts getting monotonous) the majority of players quit.
17k seems like a crazy high number, but if you do the math, that's roughly 30 new players per server per day. That actually seems pretty realistic, given that most don't make it past level 25 or so.

If the process of reaching endgame was made more streamlined and easier, or at the very least more interesting (more content and quests) than I think that would do a lot to fix the issue of "empty servers" (which is usually but not always referring to a lack of endgame players, rather than a lack of players in general).

Keeping players around is a good thing, don't get me wrong, but I feel that it'd be a better idea to focus on the incoming stream of users rather than trying to keep old players interested.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I agree with you in many of the points you have made, but I’m speculating that the numbers of downloads you mentioned are alts. Celtic Heroes has become a game of alts that are predominantly boxers and not necessarily by choice. These alts are crucial on decaying servers where boxing becomes a necessity. Due to the vast amount of servers and not enough players to populate them, and also as you mentioned the players that never even make it past OW so no new blood is being pumped into the EG, the older players feel compelled to create these alts in order to compensate for the lack of players in order to take down bosses successfully. Epona of course is a healthy server not only because it’s older and well established, but because it has something no other servers have. FREE advertising from other players who always seem driven to bring up Epona if they mention how their server has just rotted away before their very eyes. VR needs to revive their player base and I feel only the merging of servers could accomplish this. After that’s done then they could potentially focus on new mid to eg content to keep their remaining player base content.

We need more areas like stonevale. Beautiful area with interesting lore and memorable areas (the farm). So much work has been done on stonevale and the area has seen both good changes (graphics, bears, hidden areas, more lush wildlife, etc...) and bad changes (changing the wisps to imps lol). Stonevale most importantly has amazing quest lines that are fun to do, very memorable, and have cool lore. Everyone here remembers the Tam Lin quest line lol. Stonevale now has so many quests that it’s honestly a shame it’s such a low level area and you can easily breeze past it before completing all the quests.

We need more content that can accomplish what stonevale can accomplish.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I saw something in this thread about more midgame content. I agree. Beyond a certain point, it's no longer doing quests and learning about the lore. It's more of grinding repeatables and lixes until you smash your head into a wall. I can understand some parts of the game being grindy, but leaving such a massive gap between the last meaningful quest and endgame content probably won't keep players around (especially new ones). I always dread going through that part which is part of why my alts are still low level. I don't have the time nor resources to just sit there and beat up one mob over and over or lix for 3 hours straight. There needs to be more content at midgame instead of forcing players to grind repeatables, bounties or lix to make any sort of progression.

Endgame content would be nice, but I think focusing on fixing content for early and midgame are more important. Those parts of the game are what make an impression on new players, and honestly I don't think anyone should have to grind entirely on lixes or repeatables for hours on end just to move up a level. There NEEDS to be more early/midgame content to entice new players to stay and make it easier for people to level their alts. There would probably be a lot more players if this gets fixed. Fix midgame then worry about endgame.

Being able to adjust hotbar slots to have more per page would be convenient, but I think it'd be even better to have full control over the UI. Another thing that I've wanted for a while is a proper clan bank. Instead of logging onto a separate account just to see what is in the bank or to make a deposit, having an actual clan bank would make things better. There's no proper system right now and it seems rather inconvenient to have to log out of your main to check the "clan bank" for items. Could be the same structure as the normal bank with the ability to create custom categories & permissions as additions to it.

That's all I got for now. Good threads and good ideas going on here. Lets hope VR will listen and implement some of these.
Lir
Tanker Baby - 213 Warrior (Guardian of The High Five)
Stubbz - 136 Druid
Sneaky Baby - 107 Rogue
Sniper Baby - ?? Ranger

Morrigan
Sneaky Baby - 50 Rogue

Epona
Tanker Baby - ?? Warrior

A (rather long) idea I had a bit ago lol
1 - there's kinda a dead end on gear; how many stat points and shiny bits can you add before it is too much? No, there will need to be a way to shift it around if the game wants a significant amount of longevity.
2 - UI customization. Just all of it (not quite lol, but more freedom to play around with the layout would be really nice.
3 - mid-game stuff, 150-180 especially there's not much of anything and even 180+ is kinda just a grind (floor quests and stuff are nice, but could use something on top of that).

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Something like mini quests, like dungeons where you can just kill new mobs with a team
More clab interfaces such as an intergrated clab bank system and stuff, maybe give clan levels they can acheive that rises through killing any boss(more per boss) which could give maybe 1% xp boost to all players per level up of the clan up to 10 levels
The man.. The myth...The Legend!
Legolas123
From the legendary server
Nuada
The Best clan in Tavern
Grace

I am a plat buyer, if you need something mail me in game

Valar Morghulis

We need more areas like stonevale. Beautiful area with interesting lore and memorable areas (the farm). So much work has been done on stonevale and the area has seen both good changes (graphics, bears, hidden areas, more lush wildlife, etc...) and bad changes (changing the wisps to imps lol). Stonevale most importantly has amazing quest lines that are fun to do, very memorable, and have cool lore. Everyone here remembers the Tam Lin quest line lol. Stonevale now has so many quests that it’s honestly a shame it’s such a low level area and you can easily breeze past it before completing all the quests.

We need more content that can accomplish what stonevale can accomplish.
Agreed. I really wish that there was more of a focus on fleshing out the current game, instead of trying to keep adding things to the game.
The game has hit a point where it can't really continue adding any new endgame content without reworking existing game systems. VR can't really increase the level cap without rebalancing the exp curve, which is atrocious enough without considering a higher level cap. More endgame bosses could work, but would get a lot of player backlash because VR can't really make the loot any better than Bloodthorn/Gele/Dhio because of balance issues. We already have 3 endgame bosses at the same level, another one would mean that it would either have to have better gear than dhio, and therefore harder (which players would hate, since most have given up on dhio as it is). Or if it had gear more comparable to bt/gele, VR would have to come up with ways to make the entire loot table unique so that they are feasible alternatives to existing gear, without being too much stronger/weaker.
However, due to class balance issues, that will be really hard. There are a lot of class skills that are viewed as "not good" at endgame levels, so in order to make gear for those skills attractive to players, VR would have to rebalance the classes and their skills in order to make gear for, say, energy harvest or sacrifice good again.

I really can't think of any ways that VR can add more endgame content without it being a bad idea in either the immediate future (like dhio is/was) or in the long run.
I know a lot of people are clamoring for more endgame content, which is great, but I have yet to see any good suggestions for what to add and how to implement it.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I saw something in this thread about more midgame content. I agree. Beyond a certain point, it's no longer doing quests and learning about the lore. It's more of grinding repeatables and lixes until you smash your head into a wall. I can understand some parts of the game being grindy, but leaving such a massive gap between the last meaningful quest and endgame content probably won't keep players around (especially new ones). I always dread going through that part which is part of why my alts are still low level. I don't have the time nor resources to just sit there and beat up one mob over and over or lix for 3 hours straight. There needs to be more content at midgame instead of forcing players to grind repeatables, bounties or lix to make any sort of progression.

Endgame content would be nice, but I think focusing on fixing content for early and midgame are more important. Those parts of the game are what make an impression on new players, and honestly I don't think anyone should have to grind entirely on lixes or repeatables for hours on end just to move up a level. There NEEDS to be more early/midgame content to entice new players to stay and make it easier for people to level their alts. There would probably be a lot more players if this gets fixed. Fix midgame then worry about endgame.

Being able to adjust hotbar slots to have more per page would be convenient, but I think it'd be even better to have full control over the UI. Another thing that I've wanted for a while is a proper clan bank. Instead of logging onto a separate account just to see what is in the bank or to make a deposit, having an actual clan bank would make things better. There's no proper system right now and it seems rather inconvenient to have to log out of your main to check the "clan bank" for items. Could be the same structure as the normal bank with the ability to create custom categories & permissions as additions to it.

That's all I got for now. Good threads and good ideas going on here. Lets hope VR will listen and implement some of these.
Well said. Completely agree.

I would also like each map to have fixed legacy bosses rather than just spawning on any random map, there's nothing wrong with the respawn time just the locations, sometimes i scout th whole area from lirs- otherworld, carrow and murky including sewers, at the end of the day it just seems to be a wild goose chase, so if there's gonna be a update pls fix
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING A HERO AND A COWARD IS NOT WHETHER YOU ARE SCARED IT'S WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE SCARED