Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: What’s your favorite PC or console game?

You play Kingdom Come? Cool! I actually looked into the game for a while. Looks really neat. Is it fun to play? Is it as realistic as it claims to be?
It's definitely a blast to play! I'd say it's fairly realistic, definitely much more so than most RPGs. It's not extremely realistic, but realistic enough that it stands out from most other games, while still being fun enough that you don't get bored playing it. The combat system in particular is quite interesting, and a little tricky to get used to - which I like. It definitely takes practice to get used to, instead of just spamming your melee attacks or having a marker on the screen showing where your arrow is going to land. It's also a little more realistic in the storyline, where you are just a normal person, not some super human hero who is feared/awed/respected by everyone. There's a lot of neat side quests, the map is pretty massive, and the graphics are awesome. I'd definitely recommend it if you like a rather realistic and story-heavy medieval first person RPG!
Cool beans! Yeah, I’d really like to find a good realistic RPG. What really caught me, too, was that it was focused on the Medieval era. I’m a nerd in all things knight-related, so haha. I think I was just worried about inappropriate adult content. Is there much of that? Or does it just depend on the choices you make? Sorry for all the questions haha.
I'm a huge medieval nerd too! There is some inappropriate content, yes - both cutscenes and quite a bit of language (both add to the "realism" and occasionally the storyline, though I personally think it could do without). You might be able to avoid some of the inappropriate content depending on your choices in the story and various quests, but I can't guarantee that. The language is really something you are stuck with throughout.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

It's definitely a blast to play! I'd say it's fairly realistic, definitely much more so than most RPGs. It's not extremely realistic, but realistic enough that it stands out from most other games, while still being fun enough that you don't get bored playing it. The combat system in particular is quite interesting, and a little tricky to get used to - which I like. It definitely takes practice to get used to, instead of just spamming your melee attacks or having a marker on the screen showing where your arrow is going to land. It's also a little more realistic in the storyline, where you are just a normal person, not some super human hero who is feared/awed/respected by everyone. There's a lot of neat side quests, the map is pretty massive, and the graphics are awesome. I'd definitely recommend it if you like a rather realistic and story-heavy medieval first person RPG!
Cool beans! Yeah, I’d really like to find a good realistic RPG. What really caught me, too, was that it was focused on the Medieval era. I’m a nerd in all things knight-related, so haha. I think I was just worried about inappropriate adult content. Is there much of that? Or does it just depend on the choices you make? Sorry for all the questions haha.
I'm a huge medieval nerd too! There is some inappropriate content, yes - both cutscenes and quite a bit of language (both add to the "realism" and occasionally the storyline, though I personally think it could do without). You might be able to avoid some of the inappropriate content depending on your choices in the story and various quests, but I can't guarantee that. The language is really something you are stuck with throughout.
Good to know! Thanks for the info, Eragon. I appreciate your patience with my questions. :lol:
And oh, good to meet another knight-nerd!!
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

Hehe. First off, PC all the way :P
Here we go:

Mount & Blade (Bannerlord drops 2020, so stoked, you Kingdom Come-Deliverance people should give it a look),
Skyrim (geekdom prereq),
War Thunder (plane/tank simulator),
Stellaris (sci-fi strategy),
Crossout (Mad Max as a game, only dabbled a bit, but pretty fun),
Nemesis of the Roman Empire (highly recommend for any history buffs; strategy game, also recommend their old and new editions (Celtic Kings and Impervium Anthology respectively), the campaigns are epic fun),
Age of Empires II (Lol made an AoE2 joke in my very first post),
Plague Inc. (mwahaha),
Lego Island II (golden oldie),
Victor Vran (kinda like the Witcher? Idk bunch of similar games out there).

That’s my top 10 out of the past few years, not in any kind of order, just as I thought of them. Recommend at least trying all of the above especially if the description suits your fancy.

And I’ve looked into Kingdom Come Deliverance and considered getting it, but I’m gonna hold out for Bannerlord first cause I figure there’s no sense getting addicted to that first (and the price will probably drop when competing game comes out lol).

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Hehe. First off, PC all the way :P
Here we go:

Mount & Blade (Bannerlord drops 2020, so stoked, you Kingdom Come-Deliverance people should give it a look),
Skyrim (geekdom prereq),
War Thunder (plane/tank simulator),
Stellaris (sci-fi strategy),
Crossout (Mad Max as a game, only dabbled a bit, but pretty fun),
Nemesis of the Roman Empire (highly recommend for any history buffs; strategy game, also recommend their old and new editions (Celtic Kings and Impervium Anthology respectively), the campaigns are epic fun),
Age of Empires II (Lol made an AoE2 joke in my very first post),
Plague Inc. (mwahaha),
Lego Island II (golden oldie),
Victor Vran (kinda like the Witcher? Idk bunch of similar games out there).

That’s my top 10 out of the past few years.

And I’ve looked into Kingdom Come Deliverance and considered getting it, but I’m gonna hold out for Bannerlord first cause I figure there’s no sense getting addicted to that first (and the price will probably drop when competing game comes out lol).
That’s a neat list you got there, Mind! :O I’ve heard of Mount and Blade and Bannerlord sounds familiar. They’re more Medieval-themed games, right?
Your games are definitely not without variety ;D that’s pretty cool!

That’s a neat list you got there, Mind! :O I’ve heard of Mount and Blade and Bannerlord sounds familiar. They’re more Medieval-themed games, right?
Yup, Mount & Blade Warband is the current one available, but the vague release date for Mount & Blade Bannerlord (new one that they've put a huge amount of work into) is summer 2020 and they're going into Beta pretty soon (I think lol). Both very similar to KCD, in fact the old M&B was one of the OG medieval sandbox RPGs and I wouldn't be surprised if it were some of the inspiration for KCD.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Yup, Mount & Blade Warband is the current one available, but the vague release date for Mount & Blade Bannerlord (new one that they've put a huge amount of work into) is summer 2020 and they're going into Beta pretty soon (I think lol). Both very similar to KCD, in fact the old M&B was one of the OG medieval sandbox RPGs and I wouldn't be surprised if it were some of the inspiration for KCD.
Das ist interressant!

Skyrim (geekdom prereq)
Skyrim is amazing especially with mods. Same as Fallout 4
never tried the mods but yeah Skyrim is really good. The map is HUGE, never even got to finish all the quests despite spending so much time on that game. One quest chain I never really liked was the assassin quests, they could of made it more stealth focused

Skyrim (geekdom prereq)
Skyrim is amazing especially with mods. Same as Fallout 4
never tried the mods but yeah Skyrim is really good. The map is HUGE, never even got to finish all the quests despite spending so much time on that game. One quest chain I never really liked was the assassin quests, they could of made it more stealth focused
I love Skyrim as well, though I never got around to modding it (briefly tried it once in VR, quite awesome). I saw this recently, and thought it was really interesting. Skyrim is excellent at making the map feel a lot bigger than it actually is (though it's size is definitely quite big to begin with).

Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!