Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Wifi and ethernet

Looked on Google for this answer but they talk about using 2 different routers, that's not what I wanna do.

Basically I want to connect my phone to an ethernet cable (using adapter), but will the people in my home still be able to connect to and use the wifi from the same router? Anybody know anything about this?

Re: Wifi and ethernet

I'm curious to know why you want to connect your phone via Ethernet rather than wifi. But to answer your question; nearly all modern routers allow multiple Ethernet connections while simultaneously projecting a wifi signal. So you should be all good

I'm curious to know why you want to connect your phone via Ethernet rather than wifi. But to answer your question; nearly all modern routers allow multiple Ethernet connections while simultaneously projecting a wifi signal. So you should be all good
Thanks for the reply. Actually where I live there's a lot that interfears with the wifi signal. I'm hoping that connecting my phone with a cable will give me a better connection for online mobile gaming

Most (if not all, but I am not sure) routers are built to handle connected and wireless traffic concurrently.

For instance, in my home my Amazon TV and console is connected via ethernet cable to my router while my laptop is connected to WiFi. I can sit on the couch binge watching Stranger Things while working on my laptop in front of the TV. :)

I don't suspect you will have a problem, but you should check with the router manufacturer to be certain.