Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Bring old Mounts back?

Hii, I know this topic is gonna divide everyone but I was wondering if the old mounts will ever make a return.. such sleds, brooms, clouds, carpets.. like I don’t see anyone on epona with them anymore and I feel like it’s maybe time to bring them back since everyone has moved on unto the battle mounts because they are much more beneficial.. but just an idea and I just think it would be cool.

Re: Bring old Mounts back?

+1, but -1

I would absolutely love to see more imaginative mounts being added in the near future, and wouldn't be amiss to having new sleds, carpets, clouds, etc.

That being said, those specific mount designs should only come back if they have been changed pretty majorly. I'm talkin' like a cloud mount where the player is angled 45 degrees forward, completely wrapped in a cloud, with wisps of cloud flying out the back. Or flying carpets where the user is sitting, with more flappyness on the edges (unlike the hovering that the old carpets have).
Even better would be if completely new and original mounts were released. Stuff like riding a tree (think sitting in the branches of Dryad charms), or sitting cross legged in the center of a large glowing wisp, maybe a new upgrade to heroic boots of speed that are more like a 90% boost that leave flames in your path, etc.

Please bring some more imagination in! The token system is great, but is still a somewhat frustrating pain for most players, a lot of people simply prefer to use old mounts because dying with a battle mount is such an issue.

I do realize that mounts take time to design and create, but I think they would be a good benefit...maybe for next event, take a pass on a new premium pet or new battle mount and do a really cool (gold purchased) shop mount instead? Please :)
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Everytime one of these threads come up I always give the same answer. Bringing stuff back will not solve the root issue and only causes problems for some people for no reason. The main problem is the newer mounts not being as memorable or unique as the older mounts, so it would be much simpler and fairer to suggest that there be new mounts with more creative designs. Next time anyone suggests something like this think about the damage it could cause to each side(massive price drops on safe items destroying any reason for investing, sentimental value loss, etc).
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

+1 as someone with a 75% cloud who spent a kidney for it.
And someone who lost a 70% carpet as a "child" trusting it to a "friend", bring them back.

I don't agree with the need to let things die off or stay rare. So many old players hoard then quit. I understand and agree to a small extent but not enough to not want them back.

Everytime one of these threads come up I always give the same answer. Bringing stuff back will not solve the root issue and only causes problems for some people for no reason. The main problem is the newer mounts not being as memorable or unique as the older mounts, so it would be much simpler and fairer to suggest that there be new mounts with more creative designs. Next time anyone suggests something like this think about the damage it could cause to each side(massive price drops on safe items destroying any reason for investing, sentimental value loss, etc).
Anyway I can contact u? I wanna speak a bit of business .-.

Sentimental value isn't a value determined by economic value. At this point, most of the collectors that have rare items have quit the game. Not bringing back old items because half a dozen players might lose a few million isn't a reason to not bring back old items. That being said, you do have a point that bringing back old items isn't a solution for solving problems.

The developers just need to bring back a mount shop. When I started, you could buy anything from a 20% speed up to an 85% speed. The mount shop could have bare bones stick mounts that just have speed for cheap and then all the way up to skins, bells, whistles, and camo for more gold. This would help new players that only have a 100k to spend and don't want to get the dumb mounts that die and disappear or the players that a bunch of gold but nothing to buy.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Wait, correct me if im wrong but werent u all for the merging of server auction houses? These would be the same outcomes if that happened to so am curious if u were for the merging.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn