Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Developer Diary?

Hey,

A lot of you probably remember the days whenever Kodelia and Muldar used to make a topic where they would talk about what was basically going on in the office and where the game was moving and what we should expect coming in the near future. I just thought it was a nice little tease and look forward thing that would hype everyone up.
Also, I think it would be cool if every couple of months Community Manager would sit down with one of the developers, designers, art team members and just asks them questions such:

When did you start working for OTM/VR?
What’s your favorite MMORPG besides Celtic Heroes?
What’s your favorite part about working for VR?

I just thought that this would be something interesting to see and getting to know a little the developers / designers.

Re: Developer Diary?

Agree with the first part. Nobody cares about the questions because we aren’t their friends. I don’t think they have anything going on rn, maybe their new robot game lel
You’re making an assumption on behalf of everyone, maybe they do care
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Agree with the first part. Nobody cares about the questions because we aren’t their friends. I don’t think they have anything going on rn, maybe their new robot game lel
They are developers not our best friends. If you are that lonely then sure
Hi

So then what are questions for, it doesnt hurt to get to know our developers, you under the assumption that we can only get to know people we can call “friends”
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

I would love to see Dev Diaries coming back - even if they are only every other month or so. Info about upcoming content would be amazing - I still remember how cool it was to see concept art for the Tower and the Gardens, OTM did a really good job of stirring up interest for those updates. Even back when they announced that they were working on a pet system, or cooking, or the auction house...they were all announced several months before the update, but with just enough info to get players excited.

I also want to point out that we still haven't really seen a proper content update from VR (a new endgame boss doesn't really count as content in my opinion, especially with only 2? servers able to kill it at the moment).

Over the past few years, OTM/VR were able to get out at least two larger updates per year.
~ 2016 had Pets, Fishing, and Battlemounts.
~ 2017 had Auction House, Cross Platform play, and Cooking.
~ Last year had the Gardens added as well as the emergency Unity update (which also brought in the Global Arena I believe).
~This year so far we've only had Dhiothu, Global Tavern (which couldn't have been too hard to implement, based on how quickly it was added after the Global Castle bombed), and a bunch of bug and security fixes related to the Unity update.

If VR can stick with roughly the same schedule, there should be another update in the next few months....and I'm really hoping that it will bring in either a new gameplay mechanic, a new area, a graphical redesign, or pretty much anything larger that can actually be enjoyed by a large part of the playerbase. If anything along those lines is being planned by VR, I think it would be an amazing idea for them to start a tiny bit of hype for it. Perhaps in the format of a Dev Diary, with maybe some concept art, or advance footage, or something.

As for VR interviews - sure, why not. I'm always curious to see what goes on behind the scenes. I know OTM did some of those several years ago. It would also be nice if VR staff (at least those with forum accounts) would make a post to introduce themselves. A lot of the staff have done that over the years, and it's always cool to get a little bit of personal interaction by discussing favorite games and activities, past work, etc.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

So then what are questions for, it doesnt hurt to get to know our developers, you under the assumption that we can only get to know people we can call “friends”
They can’t even fix bugs. Why would we want to give them a QnA also?
Hi

They can’t even fix bugs. Why would we want to give them a QnA also?
+1 I’d love to know about new events/updates, but I couldn’t care less about their personal lives. No offense, but I bet they don’t care about ours.

Never really read any of the previous dev diaries so Idk how in-depth they go but wouldn't they be like a spoiler alert? I Kinda like finding things out on my own, it's more exciting to me. Guess I'd like to hear things like if there keeping the celtic mythology or steering more towards Asian style, or if there actually is new areas coming but nothing that'd give content away.

As for the second part, probably something they could put on their website. I know some businesses do that, put a photo of a staff member with little bios next to them.