Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Response to griefing

How is holding a boss griefing though, you lost and if they wipe/reset then you have another opportunity, what you're stating is not griefing until it's locked but if you're messing with the boss that's already been taken then you're definitely in the wrong.
^^^I 100% agree with this, it's different if the clan can't kill the boss and only steals lock to screw with you but when you're outlocking the comp to hold until your clan can finish gathering it isn't griefing at all... I'd rather outlock the other clan and wait 45 mins than let them have and wait days
Either you can or can't kill the boss at that time. If you cannot kill it at that time, then you are simply holding the boss to prevent the other group from killing it. Regardless if you can muster enough toons 45 minutes or 14 days later, it's the same.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

This is one of those touchy subjects. Griefing I think is to hinder the raid entirely. However buying your clan time to log by locking is just executing a strategy to get the finished kill. It wont be popular to the losing team, but if its to troll and not finish the raid thats another story.
If one group cannot kill the boss until they can gather enough but can lock it to prevent another group from killing it that has the numbers to kill it, then there isn't really any difference than not being able to kill it but locking it so the other group can't kill it. This waiting for enough to come on can go on ad nauseum...how long is acceptable to wait? 5 minutes? 2 hours? 4 weeks?
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

How is holding a boss griefing though, you lost and if they wipe/reset then you have another opportunity, what you're stating is not griefing until it's locked but if you're messing with the boss that's already been taken then you're definitely in the wrong.
^^^I 100% agree with this, it's different if the clan can't kill the boss and only steals lock to screw with you but when you're outlocking the comp to hold until your clan can finish gathering it isn't griefing at all... I'd rather outlock the other clan and wait 45 mins than let them have and wait days
Either you can or can't kill the boss at that time. If you cannot kill it at that time, then you are simply holding the boss to prevent the other group from killing it. Regardless if you can muster enough toons 45 minutes or 14 days later, it's the same.
+1
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Most people wouldn't remember but before lock you would stay at the boss the entire kill DPSing and see who got the kill/drops at the end. That was way more exciting and tense than lock battles.
I agree 1000% this was a lot more fun. Hope they revert back to this

Most people wouldn't remember but before lock you would stay at the boss the entire kill DPSing and see who got the kill/drops at the end. That was way more exciting and tense than lock battles.
Yeah, except the loot when to the group with the INDIVIDUAL with the most damage, meaning you could get the loot solo against a full group.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Yeah, except the loot when to the group with the INDIVIDUAL with the most damage, meaning you could get the loot solo against a full group.
With how group mechanics work now (highest damage group gets kill) I don't think that is how looting would work anymore, it should be based on group dps.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

This is one of those touchy subjects. Griefing I think is to hinder the raid entirely. However buying your clan time to log by locking is just executing a strategy to get the finished kill. It wont be popular to the losing team, but if its to troll and not finish the raid thats another story.
If one group cannot kill the boss until they can gather enough but can lock it to prevent another group from killing it that has the numbers to kill it, then there isn't really any difference than not being able to kill it but locking it so the other group can't kill it. This waiting for enough to come on can go on ad nauseum...how long is acceptable to wait? 5 minutes? 2 hours? 4 weeks?
Anything under the respawn time is acceptable.
Warrior 222, Ranger 220,
Concordiia,
Donn.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]