Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Response to griefing

It can’t be griefing because no one can claim an unlocked boss. A lock fight is a lock fight... doesn’t matter if one side can’t even kill the raid. If the group of 8 outlocks the opposing group of 8 than gg, they won the lock fair and square and they claimed the boss. Whether or not they can kill the boss is completely irrelevant to the topic of locking the boss

Of course like I mentioned previously I do believe it’s abusing the lock mechanic and is a rather dirty tactic and it’s fair to frown upon it... but it’s fair game, it’s how the lock mechanic works. It needs to be changed

What would pass as griefing in a lock fight would be if one side pulls adds onto the opposing lock group to intentionally try and reset their dps, or a main tank gaining aggro like on Mordy or something and then swinging it around to destroy the opposing lock group with the fire breath AoE.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I don't get it...why are you claiming the boss is yours just because you have the set amount of players, theres no mechanic that blocks players from locking and holding
Just like there's no mechanic stopping you from early bashing, it's still griefing. Once again I have to remind you that griefing does not mean going outside game mechanics.
Yes but i said this previously, griefing a raid boss thats already been locked has consequences.
If the 8 players that won are deciding to hold and wait for more of their players to log then its their free will to.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

I don't get it...why are you claiming the boss is yours just because you have the set amount of players, theres no mechanic that blocks players from locking and holding
Just like there's no mechanic stopping you from early bashing, it's still griefing. Once again I have to remind you that griefing does not mean going outside game mechanics.
Yes but i said this previously, griefing a raid boss thats already been locked has consequences.
If the 8 players that won are deciding to hold and wait for more of their players to log then its their free will to.
This discussion is going nowhere if you want to debate on the definition of griefing you can pm me, this thread isn't the place for that.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

This discussion is going nowhere if you want to debate on the definition of griefing you can pm me, this thread isn't the place for that.
You’re taking things out of proportion now, just because your clans escape from the situation was through griefing it doesnt mean it was the right way, there were much better alternatives imo and idc if this thread gets locked because its not a needed discussion.
I dont think you understand what you’re saying unless you really think its fine to grief a boss until its wiped the players or forced to reset just because your clan happened to be ready and the opposing clan that you lost to didnt.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

Well i didnt exactly derail it, every other post i made was indirect and not towards anyone but there you have it
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

So from personal experience, I support griefing only as a reaction never as an instigator.
My question to other people is do you think griefing is appropriate if you are being griefed?
I'm against all types of greifing.

Locking a boss with questionable numbers of ppl, and then either wiping, or locking and successfully killing the boss is not by any means greifing imo.

You initiate lock battle. And then hope your clan will come running to your aid so you can kill the boss.

It's been done 1000 of times on donn server. And is done on daily basis.

I have been in many situations where I or we as a team have a lock battle, we win lock and then wipe and enemy clan comes and swoops up the loot.

I've also been on the opposite side where a enemy clan takes water over their head and my clan comes and swoops up the loot.

Since I'm from donn and from concordiia clan it feels like I need to atleast share my point of view on what happened that day where we won lock and wiped.

Vikings didn't have the people to kill the boss.
We didn't have people to kill the boss.

We won lock. Vikings left. We resetted and then killed the boss.

Cheers
Dunkeelmeh lvl 223 druid
IKEA lvl 223 ranger
WHAAAAAA lvl 222 rogue
DING lvl 220 mage
CONCORDIIA

Simply outlocking at a boss fine. Outlocking a clan to block them (not holding it, outlocking to stop the other clan because you dont have the numbers to hold or kill) is a dirty tactic, and some consider it griefing. You cant define it further without going case by case and getting specific.
But the people that do it these actions, know if what they are doing is underhanded or not. The intent determines if its malicious or not. And it's very obvious when you do it to aggravate others. But since the animosity between clans on some servers is so great, it wont stop.
The dominate clans need to lead by example, they set the morals for the server, as they can lock out the minor clans from getting any drops and halt their growth. If the dominate clan is insulting and doing dirty tactics then it will be expected from the minor clans. You cant be the bigger person doing things that paint you in a negative light.

Simply outlocking at a boss fine. Outlocking a clan to block them (not holding it, outlocking to stop the other clan because you dont have the numbers to hold or kill) is a dirty tactic, and some consider it griefing. You cant define it further without going case by case and getting specific.
But the people that do it these actions, know if what they are doing is underhanded or not. The intent determines if its malicious or not. And it's very obvious when you do it to aggravate others. But since the animosity between clans on some servers is so great, it wont stop.
The dominate clans need to lead by example, they set the morals for the server, as they can lock out the minor clans from getting any drops and halt their growth. If the dominate clan is insulting and doing dirty tactics then it will be expected from the minor clans. You cant be the bigger person doing things that paint you in a negative light.
+1