Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ethics Behind Locking Threads

Soccer wrote:
Armo wrote:I appreciate your concerns, however it isn’t about mods being lazy or not.

If a civil discussion isn’t able to be maintained, then do not be surprised if the thread is locked, simple as that.

Why was the Clan Owned Gear thread locked? It's true that some were getting agressive towards each other, myself included. But we stopped after the warning. The thread was very civil for the last couple of pages, yet it was locked.

The last page is filled with people bashing each other, their clans, and it had nothing to do with “Clan Owned Gear.”

And bringing that specific example here will likely get this thread locked as well. If you want to discourse with the moderators, stop asking them to bend the rules to have the discussion.

I don’t necessarily agree with Furyion, but I respect the way he tried to approach the topic.
Last edited by Lucerin on Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clan Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader

Lucerin wrote:
Soccer wrote:
Armo wrote:I appreciate your concerns, however it isn’t about mods being lazy or not.

If a civil discussion isn’t able to be maintained, then do not be surprised if the thread is locked, simple as that.

Why was the Clan Owned Gear thread locked? It's true that some were getting agressive towards each other, myself included. But we stopped after the warning. The thread was very civil for the last couple of pages, yet it was locked.

The last page is filled with people bashing each other, their clans, and it had nothing to do with “Clan Owned Gear.”

And bringing that specific example here will likely get this thread locked as well. If you want to discourse with the moderators, stop asking them to bend the rules to have the discussion.

I don’t necessarily agree with Furyion, but I respect the way he tried to approach the topic.

My bad yeah, missed the last couple of comments. Edited my comment.

Zkills wrote:
Armo wrote:Going through and deleting the correct parts, as well as all the quotes, etc is a head ache

Welcome to the job of a forum moderator... you guys have it easy when compared to other games’ forum mods. I remember seeing a video of what WoW forum mods had to go through and wow... just wow...

People just want the mods to do better at their jobs. Look at Voldemort’s mod work as a guide on how to moderate the forum correctly. If you guys find it to be a pain then drop the position, I don’t think anyone would feel like they’re at a loss lol.

It's a much smaller game then WoW and therefore with many less mods/admins to watch forum posts. I do think that if they were to delete offending posts would be nice, but I also think it would be a looot of work for they're small team. Everyone always complains about how you don't like they're content, not enough is done and etc. and I just think you all don't really seem to appreciate the effort the small team is making for us, they're like always getting criticized and rarely thanked for :? Like don't get me wrong I would love new content, but they just came out with Dino and they have to work on him to make him more doable, and they have to maintain servers up and all the work they do with only a few members on the team. Instead of ripping them up we should start thanking them more often for the work they do... And like complaining about how they don't know how the game works from a players perspective is a little untrue, considering we have forums for feedback and advice for the game, and most of our mod's play the game and are eg :lol:

Stephone wrote:
Zkills wrote:
Armo wrote:Going through and deleting the correct parts, as well as all the quotes, etc is a head ache

Welcome to the job of a forum moderator... you guys have it easy when compared to other games’ forum mods. I remember seeing a video of what WoW forum mods had to go through and wow... just wow...

People just want the mods to do better at their jobs. Look at Voldemort’s mod work as a guide on how to moderate the forum correctly. If you guys find it to be a pain then drop the position, I don’t think anyone would feel like they’re at a loss lol.

It's a much smaller game then WoW and therefore with many less mods/admins to watch forum posts. I do think that if they were to delete offending posts would be nice, but I also think it would be a looot of work for they're small team. Everyone always complains about how you don't like they're content, not enough is done and etc. and I just think you all don't really seem to appreciate the effort the small team is making for us, they're like always getting criticized and rarely thanked for :? Like don't get me wrong I would love new content, but they just came out with Dino and they have to work on him to make him more doable, and they have to maintain servers up and all the work they do with only a few members on the team. Instead of ripping them up we should start thanking them more often for the work they do... And like complaining about how they don't know how the game works from a players perspective is a little untrue, considering we have forums for feedback and advice for the game, and most of our mod's play the game and are eg :lol:

I'm not gonna say if mods should or shouldn't be going through posts deleting/editing. But I will say that the forums are not that active. Most on forums can go through all the day's comments within a few minutes.

There's also the argument relating how much editing can be done. It's not hard to remove insults. But some other types of editing could be very annoying to posters and some might see it as muzzling in some sense.

Mods don't do any of the stuff you said in the middle of the posts regarding development of the game.

Since threads are basically just players discussing with no official word from otm, how bad is it really when everyone active on the post gets sidetracked a bit on another topic? It's not like the thread was gonna result in any significant changes. Those new discussions can be meaningful and may not have started if the original topic wasn't brought up

I’d like repeat myself and say that I don’t speak for anyone else, just myself.

That said, I am 100% human, believe it or not, and make mistakes/am not always in the right.

I’m always open to criticism, though I’d appreciate it if it was done through PMs if you have something to say to me, regarding my moderations.

A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Armo wrote:If discussions are so valuable and locking out of control threads is destructive, then isn’t this a two way street? Instead of getting annoyed that the mods are locking the threads filled with insults, why not instead direct this towards your fellow forum dwellers who create the chaos to begin

You’re trolling :lol:
Do that and *This thread has been lock*
Pms aren't going to convince anyone, community can come out publicly to be heard by the majority here.
Ascension

226+ Rogue
221+ Mage
170+ Warrior
220+ Mage
190 Locker
170+ Druid

#JoinThe G.O.A.T Trend

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Zkills wrote:Welcome to the job of a forum moderator... you guys have it easy when compared to other games’ forum mods. I remember seeing a video of what WoW forum mods had to go through and wow... just wow...

I think it’s worth remembering that our mods are volunteers who are giving up a significant amount of their own time for no reward to help the community, as such they deserve a bit of appreciation for their efforts.

Blizzard mods that you use as a reference are full time paid employees part of a large community team.

On the actual topic I fully support our mods actions, the simple fact is we're not going to let individuals fight all over our forums and once a thread has derailed sufficiently I have no problem with it being locked, it's not deleted so any information of value is still available to individuals who wish to view it.

I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

Schwing wrote:
Zkills wrote:Welcome to the job of a forum moderator... you guys have it easy when compared to other games’ forum mods. I remember seeing a video of what WoW forum mods had to go through and wow... just wow...

I think it’s worth remembering that our mods are volunteers who are giving up a significant amount of their own time for no reward to help the community, as such they deserve a bit of appreciation for their efforts.

Blizzard mods that you use as a reference are full time paid employees part of a large community team.

This is what I was thinking lol. How can you compare a paid full-time position with volunteers...
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here