Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Global Tavern

That's purely speculative. I know from experience from the Dom server I play on that Dom players never buy gear with gold. Why would they when they can do so using their attendance? On servers where the majority of people are in a Dom clan, most would not buy gear from the market. It just doesn't make sense.

If Epona prices go up as u say (which are not cheap by any means for low tier eg and super expensive for top eg) then why would other servers see all that gear flow into there?

Your claim that Epona will crumble is completely unfounded.
I’ve played on 3 different dom servers (arawn, gwyd, herne) and every one of the dom clans has bought more gear than the comp clans .-.
It’s not speculative at all. Because drop rates are intentionally low to create scarcity, demand is much higher than supply.
Give everyone access to an open market where they themselves are a closed market and you have issues.
Very well, in that case, I can see the potential drawbacks of such an implementation.

I still however believe a high enough tax would deter excessive movement of gear from one server to the next while allowing consumes and other useful items through. Of course an outright exclusion of some items to be tradeable would also fix this tho might feel rather limiting.
Tax won't matter to scammers and people that run off with clan owned gear. It's free $ for them

I’ve played on 3 different dom servers (arawn, gwyd, herne) and every one of the dom clans has bought more gear than the comp clans .-.
It’s not speculative at all. Because drop rates are intentionally low to create scarcity, demand is much higher than supply.
Give everyone access to an open market where they themselves are a closed market and you have issues.
Very well, in that case, I can see the potential drawbacks of such an implementation.

I still however believe a high enough tax would deter excessive movement of gear from one server to the next while allowing consumes and other useful items through. Of course an outright exclusion of some items to be tradeable would also fix this tho might feel rather limiting.
Tax won't matter to scammers and people that run off with clan owned gear. It's free $ for them
They would still sell under incognito toons on local market. This would make it no easier or harder to scam

Should have kept the castle global. Look at what the global tavern did smh lmao
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

There's no such thing as clan owned gear.
That's just dom clan logic and lip service members give amd don't actually believe.
Y'know aside from a few die hards.

Distribution establishes ownership.

Otherwise, essentially you work for a company and put the work, spend the time n plat ect.
Instead of getting payed every week, they lend you money.
Then if you decide to quit your job.
They try n send you to collections and have you charged w theft lol.

The reason some of these servers have more access is the lack of dom clans.
You don't have groups of people with literal albums of drops, that will never see the light of day.

One solution could be what a lot of people are doing, walking away from dom clan and dead servers.
Rather then try n change the rest of the game to fit your servers probs, people walk away from that server and go to where those problems don't exist.

One of the other solutions which we're already sort of seeing.
1) Have some of these clans adapt the distributoon establishes approach.
So guys can do as they wish with their drops ultimately benefiting the members as well as bringing more items onto the server.

Or

2) Leave dead or dom servers and let them sit there by themselves or let server die.
Then go somewhere w a more free economy.

Both of these solutions puts the problem back in the hand of the players amd doesn't affect global trade. As well as doesn't make it a company problem so much as an individual problem, that's easily remedied by the individual.

Don't know why you all started talking about a global auction house here instead of the topic named, "Global Auction House." Anyways the topic came up almost at the same time the Global Tavern did. So, I have done a lot of debating on this topic and just recently decided to stop. Here is what I argued.

If you have counter arguments PLEASE go to that topic instead.
Okay, everyone keep your cool. It is literally just an idea. I feel like this topic has made me more toxic and the community. So, I am no longer going to be posting on this topic.

Since I am leaving, here are my closing arguments.
First: I feel like this idea would start off benefiting the small servers, but would eventually benefit evrryone. I feel like the economy for all servers will seem better with a combined economy.

Second: There are certainly issues that VR would have to resolve and I don't think there are any significant problems/unintended features that would break the global auction house.
1. Xferring: Just add a 20% tariff to prevent people from sending money over. Allow items to be seen 20+ secs before any purchases are made to make any xferring attempt too risky.
2. Damaged economies: There will only be one economy. The only way an economy can suffer is if the whole thing is hurt.
3. Lag: I don't know why you brought this up Sly because the developers didn't make the current AH to be global. That is why there is lag. They could do rotating binary-search trees to make their program more efficient. They could also use a hash dictionary. My point is, they allowed lag because they didn't want to spend a lot of time reducing it when it wouldn't be global, which is smart.
4. Growth charms and other server exclusive: NO GLOBAL TRADE tag. VR could even make Server exclusive items if they wanted, but that seems like a lot of work.
5. One set on server: Add a "Sell locally" button
6. Clan Quest item scammer: Add a "Clan sellers" button (Secret sellers are not helped by the global AH and have been a problem since the start)

Third: I think this would add functionality to the LTLS and the global tavern

Finally: Okay yes, I am from an unstable economy Sulis. Yes, I am biased and want others to help my economy. However, I have checked out other servers and I am going to change my mindset to how this will not just help Sulis, but everyone. Which, I kind have been trying to do before.

How will this benefit everyone?

First: By creating just one economy, VR will have to start thinking of ways to keep that one economy great. They will save themselves a headache because some of the things they add are great for some server's economies, but bad for others. So, by making a global ah, they would only have to focus on one economy. With VR focusing on one economy, the economy will be more likely to do better.

Second: I just opened 200 chests (don't judge). I have noticed that most the items were not good for ME, but for everyone else. I just need to sell the items so I can make the gold to buy something I would like. VR does this because they want to encourage trades. Many people from other servers may want some of the items I am selling, but I can't sell to them. I am limited to sell just to my server. Just like some items are not good for me, some items are valued more on other servers than my own. That is the true reason why some pet tokens are 30k and some servers make it 50k (not inflation because some of the items on the 30k server sell the same on the 50k server. See for your self. Espona vs Sulis).

My point is this isn't just as clear cut as I thought. I used to believe, "My server doesn't have a good economy and I need a global ah to fix it."

now it's, "My server doesn't value the item I want to sell and another server would like to have it instead."

You can even see that it this forum as some are worried about their weapons. Some are worried about their plat sellers. Some are worried about their dl/edl drops.I

Some servers don't believe in selling clan drops. Some do.

Third: When starting a new account, people can choose based on the crowd they want. They don't have to choose based on what economy is the best. There are benefits besides a good economy to both.

Big server:
-Even with a combined economy there are economical benefits. You have access to local sellers (people who only use the "Sell locally" feature)
A lot more of the items won't have the tariff attached. The tariff cost is only added to trades across servers and it is on the buyer side.

For example, I sell a pet token on Sulis for 50k. If the tariff was 20%, then on Espona, that same pet token would be 60k.

We could even make tariffs for different servers different if most people want that.I

-Big servers can also kill raid bosses easier than smaller servers.

Small servers

There are more spots open for fishing and more bosses up in General.

Lastly, this would not just help everyone economy wise. The global ah would also promote the global tavern since people will be asking others to add things to the global ah. I think everyone will have a chance to meet new people constantly. I personally have no reason to go to the global tavern and check out the forum and you will see many people agree. With a global ah people will be more likely to go to the global tavern and stay. When they stay at the global tavern, they are more likely to meet people who have common interests and more likely to make new friendships. I saw a little bit of this in the global arena. I feel like I know a lot of people in the server I am on and I think adding a purpose to the global tavern would actually allow me to make more friends as well. Just a thought .

Anyways that is all. I am done posting on this forum and want to move on with my life :lol:. It has been up for a few days. If anyone is wondering it is pretty balanced at +2 with 24 votes.
Signature updated as of December 10th, 2022

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

That's just dom clan logic and lip service members give amd don't actually believe.

Otherwise, essentially you work for a company and put the work, spend the time n plat ect.

You don't have groups of people with literal albums of drops, that will never see the light of day.

One solution could be what a lot of people are doing, walking away from dom clan and dead servers.
Rather then try n change the rest of the game to fit your servers probs, people walk away from that server and go to where those problems don't exist.

So guys can do as they wish with their drops ultimately benefiting the members as well as bringing more items onto the server.

Or

2) Leave dead or dom servers and let them sit there by themselves or let server die.

Both of these solutions puts the problem back in the hand of the players amd doesn't affect global trade. As well as doesn't make it a company problem so much as an individual problem, that's easily remedied by the individual.
How dense of you to say that the 1.5* servers that are “open” should be catered to, while the majority of the servers are “left to die?” Most of them are doing fine. I’d subsidize a little bit of the economy health of my server to ensure the game itself has good health. Y’all act like this game wouldn’t exist without you; like you somehow purchase a majority of the chests and plat, and feed the developers and their families. Drop the god complex. It’s a bit old.

Super. Dense.
Clan Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader

How dense of you to say that the 1.5* servers that are “open” should be catered to, while the majority of the servers are “left to die?” Most of them are doing fine. I’d subsidize a little bit of the economy health of my server to ensure the game itself has good health. Y’all act like this game wouldn’t exist without you; like you somehow purchase a majority of the chests and plat, and feed the developers and their families. Drop the god complex. It’s a bit old.

Super. Dense.
Ok, for starters starting n ending statements w insults is prob no gonna get you a very good response.

Now I'm not sure wtf your on about or how you got any of that from what was said.
I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt and just assume your not picking up what I'm laying down.
Let me make it a bit easier for ya....
Nobody is saying "open" servers need to be accommodated.
They don't need to be they are thriving, both in player base and economy.

Now as far as plat sales go, ya more players, makes for mire plat buyers makes for a better economy.
Not sure what part of that your struggling with,seems pretty obvious, but lets move on.

Now what is being said here is, rather then ask the rest of the game to accommodate the short comings of certain servers.
Maybe those servers can find a way to address their own issues and maybe change their system up to attract more players.

Still w me?

Now if your server is basically a one clan server, may wanna make it a bit more inviting by adjusting the dom clans control of items.
This way they don't find themselves on a server by themselves
Or
If your server is dieing due to lack of players, may wanna lean more towards a free economy, since that clearly seems to he attractive to a lot if people.
Plus the free market approach can only sustain so many people before over crowding occurs.
So may be a viable option.

As said before both these options put the prob to be addressed in the hands of the individual servers as opposed to the company or take as a whole

Basically if these servers can figure out a any to attract more players the economy could potentially fix itself without affecting other servers economy.

As far as the god complex, I'm nor sure if your trolling or legitimately stupid, but its ok I wad stuck up when I was 12 too.
For future ref people who have different opinions and idea aren't stupid, they may just be throwing out potential ideas.

Or

Each server is unique and each dom clan is unique to how they do things. I think Lucerin makes a good point with the number of "open" servers there are. I won't deny that Epona and Tara are doing very well and that part of it is because they are open servers. However I think many people are missing the fact that we have 19 servers and there are only two "open" servers. So all of the players who don't like how dom clans do things would migrate to one of these two.

Now think if it was reversed and there were only two dom clan servers and the rest were open. I think the dom clan servers would be above all the rest by a good margin but that's just speculation. Now I'm not trying to argue one over the other because they both have pros and cons and it comes down to player preference at the end of the day.

My point being if you think every server swapped to a free economy that would fix their "issues" and would be good for the server in general I think you are very mistaken.
Beast25 - Warrior 227

Belenus- Elementals

Note, just because a world is clan ran or dice ran, it doesn't mean everyone in that world sides with it. More people are for dice servers then you'd think, they are just forced to be in clans to have a shot at getting gear in their world, and don't speak up against it for fear of action.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Note, just because a world is clan ran or dice ran, it doesn't mean everyone in that world sides with it. More people are for dice servers then you'd think, they are just forced to be in clans to have a shot at getting gear in their world, and don't speak up against it for fear of action.

Im not forced to be in a clan .... most of the people on my clan arent, and not for gear, they enjoy working together and earning gear fairly based off activity, those who enjoy luck and rolls more already xfered .....
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Op killer lvl 221 rogue

Legacyte 220 tank

Withered tree 215 druid

Azraell 181 locker ranger