Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Global Auction House

that's the case with all drops, the rarer they are, the increased likelihood of their distribution being skewed by the global market but by being so rare, they inherently play a much much smaller role in the well being of the servers
True, rare drops don't really play a great role when they are so so rare to begin with. Good point Soccer.
Yes let's forgot all possible benefits of global market because a couple of people have rare items that they don't want to lose their value. That is very selfish. As someone who owns the only active black lan set on my server, I don't mind if others got the chance to obtain sets.
Yep, once again true.
Signature updated as of December 10th, 2022

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

If ANYTHING, IF global economy is implemented, is sure as hell better not be rushed in any way, shape or form, for such a massive effect it could have, better be a beta to check for bugs, hacks, anything, etc.
Of course it would require a lot of testing. It would probably be best to do it in stages/trials. Maybe allow only consumables in the first stage. Observe how the market prices get affected. Will they skyrocket? Collapse? Find a nice balance? No one knows until that point. Could also have a price and item limit at the beginning. For example only consumables prices below 50k (for lixes for example) and up to stacks of 5 or 10 can be viewed by other servers. And so on. This would also aid in uncovering any new avenues people may try to use to take advantage of the implementation beyond its intended purpose. This would also allow people for and against to have some tangible data to use to argue their points as currently no side can really create solid arguments at this point as it's all speculation.

I would like to bring up an added function for the lost time lux shop (LTLS). Currently, my server (Sulis) has problems with LTLS nobody is buying anything from the LTLS. Currently, if you don't want the LTLS item you shouldn't buy it because nobody wants that LTLS at that lux shop's price or they would have bought it. So, it is assumed that any item in the LTLS is unwanted by everyone else.

With a global ah, that would not be the case. Another server could want it, but not have access to it for the same reasons the original server doesn't have access to other LTLS items. The good news is that server now does have access to the item from a different server and it is worth the LTLS price or more because the server doesn't have access to it.

I could see people buying items they don't need from the LTLS to help other servers that don't have access to that item. Maybe that could be even more wanted given the tavern is global? Maybe people could start saying "buying blank in ah" and so someone checks the LTLS for that item. If it is there buy it and add it to the ah.

What do you think about this?
This would be a good benefit of a global AH. It also reminds me of an earlier suggestion of some sort of "looking to buy" type of feature to add to the AH. If you knew someone was looking for a certain lux item and it was up at the LTLS, then you'd know you had a great chance of it selling if you chose to buy it.
+1

Global market or no global market, this would be amazing. Many new players can't afford to buy like 10 lixes at a time and would rather buy 1 at a time (I always see people asking to buy 1 lix at a time). In the case of sellers, it is not economical to sell 1 lix at a time. This would allow sellers to "fulfill orders" conveniently without it hurting them. (Before people saying why selling lixes 1 at a time could hurt sellers is because most sales of lixes, at least on my server, are much more conveniently done through ah, seller would need to be on 12 hours in a row to get the same type of exposure. Hence listing 1 at a time really affects the rate you can push your stuff, especially when tryna push like 50 of each lix).

Another benefit is that we all have something in the bank that we don't use, we dont put it in our mind that we plan on selling it but if a good offer came by, we would. Likelihood of someone yelling out they need something while u r in the castle is quite slim. This would make it easier for people to gain access to items people don't need and wouldn't mind selling and the sellers to get access to some gold.

Here's my 2 cents:
I'd love a global AH. It would stabilize prices for this server that's somehow still alive (Balor), would help us kill BT (we still haven't killed it once yet). A server teir system could be used though. For each server that has defeated up to X in game boss, they can sell items to all higher servers, and all servers on its level, but they can't buy from higher servers. Since we haven't beaten BT, we couldn't be able to buy from Epona, because they have. The 3 teirs of server would be like Gele, BT, Dino. If a server defeats a new one of those guys, they automatically get bumped up a level and have more access to more servers in the AH.
(sorry if this is a bit all over the place, I'm tired and on mobile rn. I know of other benefits rn, but too tired to list them.)

People have to remember there's a bunch of really rich players out there( 50-100+ mil) gold in hand.

So instead of buying up cheap items and jacking up the prices on their own servers, they'd be able to do it globally.
Which a lot of them tend to do on their own serves anyway.
Buy chests in bulk, or any items reasonably priced and jack up the prices of everything.
Mostly because they have nothing better to do w their gold and they can.

Potentially you could end up w like a diamond scenario.
Where ya u get a bunch of rich players buying and controlling the resources, even worthless resources become valuable due to the fact they buy them all up.
Controlling the supply and jacking the prices up.

Global ah would benefit the uber rich a lot more then the avg player.

Plus the obvious, why should serves who can't kill certain bosses have access to those drops?
That's an issue individual servers need to work out, not something the rest of the game needs to work out for them.

Global ah would benefit the uber rich a lot more
Any ah would benefit the super rich. The super rich can buy items and sell them for more. It just gives them a benefit to be able to buy more items and sell them for higher. Which isn't a bad thing. Many people may want to sell items right away and they would be able to if there was a global ah.
Plus the obvious, why should serves who can't kill certain bosses have access to those drops?
That's an issue individual servers need to work out, not something the rest of the game needs to work out for them.
Good question (but I have already answer this). The assumption you are making though is that a server can fix itself. The problem (which I have stated many times before in this forum) is that people want to leave inactive servers due to poor economies and don't plan to fix them. By giving them access to end game items, they no longer feel left out. That is the whole point of the global ah. People are currently discouraged to join inactive servers because of their poor economies.

My question to you is:
How can a server fix itself if most people don't want to join an inactive server?

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

Simply by selling ur item for 1g on say danu, and buying it IMMEDIATELY for 1g on like, Mabon.
Idk how or if its possible but just like hawkhurst bots in murky, people could be bots on AH just spam buying any item that has a purchase option for say, under 10k and get any item trying to be xferred
This is a problem that has come up before on the forum. I suggested a tariff/tax for sending gold over. However, this is much different. Bots are a possibility (not impossible and its a valid point), but they are also quite easy to fix. They might have to add a "not a bot" which would actually be quite annoying.

As for the 1g, it is pretty risky to buy lux items for 1g and I am sure someone will beat you too it. It actually seems much more risky to sell in gah for 1 gold rather than to xfer through a person. Especially since you would have to refresh the page and buy while someone will probably see it and try to do the same. You would be much better off just buying it for the set price which wouldn't be abusing the gah. I can see people getting scammed by trying to do that method. YIKES. I mean I am sure it can be done, but I would never try that with an expensive rare item.

This is kind of an easy fix though I believe. Why not make it so the item must be shown on the market for 20 seconds before a buy-out can occur. I am sure many people will have their eyes looking at the cheapest buy-out price to scam people. That idea kind of promotes scammers though unfortunately. I would also suggest adding a checkbox that says "I am okay with the price being sold for this cheap to another player." for every item sold below 1k (maybe more idk). I highly recommend not selling items lower than you want them to be sold

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

I would like to bring up an added function for the lost time lux shop (LTLS). Currently, my server (Sulis) has problems with LTLS nobody is buying anything from the LTLS. Currently, if you don't want the LTLS item you shouldn't buy it because nobody wants that LTLS at that lux shop's price or they would have bought it. So, it is assumed that any item in the LTLS is unwanted by everyone else.

With a global ah, that would not be the case. Another server could want it, but not have access to it for the same reasons the original server doesn't have access to other LTLS items. The good news is that server now does have access to the item from a different server and it is worth the LTLS price or more because the server doesn't have access to it.

I could see people buying items they don't need from the LTLS to help other servers that don't have access to that item. Maybe that could be even more wanted given the tavern is global? Maybe people could start saying "buying blank in ah" and so someone checks the LTLS for that item. If it is there buy it and add it to the ah.

What do you think about this?
This would be a good benefit of a global AH. It also reminds me of an earlier suggestion of some sort of "looking to buy" type of feature to add to the AH. If you knew someone was looking for a certain lux item and it was up at the LTLS, then you'd know you had a great chance of it selling if you chose to buy it.
+1

Global market or no global market, this would be amazing. Many new players can't afford to buy like 10 lixes at a time and would rather buy 1 at a time (I always see people asking to buy 1 lix at a time). In the case of sellers, it is not economical to sell 1 lix at a time. This would allow sellers to "fulfill orders" conveniently without it hurting them. (Before people saying why selling lixes 1 at a time could hurt sellers is because most sales of lixes, at least on my server, are much more conveniently done through ah, seller would need to be on 12 hours in a row to get the same type of exposure. Hence listing 1 at a time really affects the rate you can push your stuff, especially when tryna push like 50 of each lix).

Another benefit is that we all have something in the bank that we don't use, we dont put it in our mind that we plan on selling it but if a good offer came by, we would. Likelihood of someone yelling out they need something while u r in the castle is quite slim. This would make it easier for people to gain access to items people don't need and wouldn't mind selling and the sellers to get access to some gold.
This reminds me of the grand exchange in runescape. I wish that is how the ah worked. Was kind of bummed to learn that it worked differently when it came out.

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

+1

This reminds me of the grand exchange in runescape. I wish that is how the ah worked. Was kind of bummed to learn that it worked differently when it came out.
Same here lol

This basically comes down to a few servers being broken and then requesting change to every worlds politics to fix your broken server.
Huge -1.
Some people chose the world they are on due to clan mechanics such as dkp clans, and having items kept in clan. They prefer have items locked away to clan only. It's a tool used by several clans. Sure this hurts competition, as it is suppose to limit items. But it's still a tactic used by a few servers. Basically you are just asking to change the politics of every world so you have a better economy. I get you are looking to fix your world, but why throw some servers who are happy (the majority are Atleast) into turmoil to fix your own.
What is needed is server merges. To make less populated servers more populated and fix your own economies.
Server: Danu since 2011
Clan - Ascension
Sockthief -- Level 227 Ranger
Siegengine -- Level 182 Warrior
Stinkysock -- Level 180 Rogue