Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Global Auction House

I see decent equipment in the auction all the time. Gele weps, Hrung helms, etc... of course the trash will far outweigh the goods, which is to be expected, but there are definitely some good items in there more often than you think. Items that other servers would consider to be good.

As for the edl/dl... that’s exactly the problem. The edl/dl drops are for Epona players to buy, not other servers. Hence why Epona will get sucked dry and the players of Epona will be left with nothing because other servers are taking it all, giving gold less buying power, and making Epona worse off. Unless of course other servers allowed the selling of drops to help balance things out
Yea, Gelebron is something not sold much on Sulis, but if Gelebron is sold it will sell for more. Some other servers can sell Gelebron weapons though. You wouldn't be the only server.

As for edl and dl, my server wouldn't be buying that much since we seem to be having enough of it in our ah.

Yes, your economy is fine, but seriously I highly doubt all the other servers will just buy buy buy from Espona and nothing else and Espona is sucked dry. There are other stable and good economies out there that will be placing good weapons and dl/edl drops. Sulis is one that will place ed/edl

What it sounds like to me you are saying.... "Espona is a great economy and will not be able to handle the Global Auction House because no one else can bring what Espona brings to the table."

Which sounds pretty conceited to be honest. Our server among others are going to bring dl/edl drops to the table. Not everyone will want Espona items

I was concerned about a server being sucked dry, but once I looked at Espona's weapons I was not like, "OMG Espona is going to be sucked dry!! It is a good economy."

I do believe that yes Espona has a lot to bring to the table, but they also have A TON of items in the ah just waiting to be sold. My server doesn't have as many people, so it is not going to be bringing as much, but it also won't be taking much either. Hence Espona is not going to be sucked dry. The rare items will sell for more in Espona actually giving them more of the buying power, but for a good reason. You sell a rare item you should get rewarded better.

Your thinking like Espona is the best server and no other servers are going to provide as much as Espona and that just isn't fair to say. Although yes Espona has a great economy, they also are more active than a lot of servers.

There are items that are going to be super super duper rare and those items will sell more a lot more if the ah is global.

The truth is, the new global economy will probably do better than Espona's economy. Because an economy is measured as the amount of times a unit of currency touches someone's hand. With all the servers combining their ahs, the amount of times I will buy/sell will increase. I have items that I don't want to sell on Sulis because no one will buy them. I can't buy stuff because I don't have the money to buy stuff.

If I could sell to more than just Sulis, then I could sell more and then buy more since I can afford more.

The problem: Nobody wants to stay on Sulis because the economy stinks. Nobody buys and nobody sells. Which demotivates people to stay and the server is losing people. Some go to another server and others just quit the game entirely.

Another problem: Why is it bad for people to just swarm one server? Because if there was just a global server there would be one Gelebron, and one unique bosses. You may think adding more players to Espona is a good idea, but it actually gives diminishing returns. Which is why you believe the dl/edl will be sucked dry. There aren't many bosses left to kill in Espona. Espona is full enough as it is and any more players added would probably do more harm then good.

The solution: A global ah is the solution because it motivates people to stay on their own servers. It also allows for people to join other small servers who have many bosses who are always up and can't be killed. As more servers can kill Gelebron easier, more Gelebron items will be added to the ah, helping Espona and other good economies as well.

Basically, the game motivates people to pick a full server rather than a small one and it stops small worlds from growing and killing the end game bosses, and motivates people to go on a server like Espona that will just end in diminishing returns. Both which are not good.
Signature updated as of December 10th, 2022

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

Let's run through how it would happen. Mr. X scams someone. He then finds a way to get the gold to another server. He then makes a new toon scam again on the new server. Which then begs the question, what did he gain by going to a new server since he couldve just made a new toon on the same server and no one would know. This is especially obvious in the case of a global server.
Mainly saying that itll be less effort for scammers to make easy money, because as we know a lot ot the players on this game arent exactly the brightest, but currently players would just make accounts on every world like you said, if their scams go well then theyd have to transfer out of the server which isnt exactly always easy and can easily make the scammer get scammed, where as if theres a global ah in place they simply put up a crappy item for 5m then buy it out with the other acc and continue then just sell the gold on apps like band or line. Thats 1 of the many issues with a global auction house such as worlds dying due to transfers to more populated servers, economy crashes, secret clan drop sellers being able to sell stuff on the auction house without anyone knowing which world the drops are from due to there being so many players combined, while currently things can be researched on dkp boards
First off, I am totally okay with you being against the idea. I just want to elaborate on what you are saying.

Selling a crappy item for 5m

Honestly, this is just adding money to another server. With the 50% tariff that would not cost 5m, but 7.5m! That is why a tariff would be in place. So it would cost you 2.5m every time you transfered 5m over to another server. That just does't seem worth it to me. So a tariff would discourage people from doing this. In addition, selling gold for real life money is AGAINST TOS. If you are caught doing that, you could be banned.

worlds dying due to transfers to more populated servers

Not going to lie. People are going to find more things from other servers than their own. However, the tariffs are going to help keep people from buying things from other servers just because they are cheaper. This would be a problem if it was just a one way street, but it is a two-way street. Yes more money is going to go to popular servers, but there is also more people on that server, so it makes sense. In some ways it does discourage people to do Gelebron because another server can do it easier. However, more people are going to want that item as well so the demand and supply are both going up. Not just the supply. Honestly, this seems like more of a claim than a reason not to do a global ah. I am on a less populated server and I would believe this would help my server. I would actually believe the opposite of what you are saying is true. The lower populated servers are dying because they cannot interact with the more populated servers. I have repeatedly thought, "is it even worth it to stay on this server if it takes forever to see the item I want in the auction house? Maybe I should just start new on another server" I am not the only one thinking that too. I xferred someone to fingal for that very same reason. My server isn't doing well. I have actually prompted people about this because my server isn't doing well and many people agree that the server's economy is poor. So this is not only false, but the opposite of it is true. I also believe the option to sell only to your server can help with this as someone mentioned above.

economy crashes

Just a claim. Once again no evidence. How would the economy crash? This isn't a reason not to do a global ah. Just an opinion. The economy doing well is based on how many people touch a unit of currency (in this case a gold coin) in a given amount of time. A gold coin dies when someone sells something to a trader rather than a player. More people have access to your items if it is sold in a global ah rather than a local ah. Meaning the chances that the gold coin will be moved to a person rather than a trader increases. Of course, if the tariff is 50% it would be hard to sell a lux item to other servers. However if it was at 25% it could be done (Side note: That would still make the cost to transfer 5m pretty high at 1.25m) . So, I think this would help improve gold flow and ultimately help the Celtic Heroes economy as a whole rather than crash it. Once again, the opposite would be true.

secret clan drop sellers being able to sell stuff on the auction house without anyone knowing which world the drops are from due to there being so many players combined

This is an issue. Certainly worth talking about. However, you once again are just being skeptical and pessimistic to the idea. Nonetheless, still a good point. Although, I believe these are things that VR/OTM will have to think of solutions for. Not me. Still, there are solutions. For example, a button that allows you to only see items your clan is selling. That will solve this issue entirely. The seller names will of course be provided (as they already are).

Other issues

Of course, there will be probably other issues. I am sure you find them. I am sure VR/OTM will find them too. Although I don't think one problem should shut the whole idea down. Ultimately, this would help my server, and others as well. I hear people talk about how bad the economy is in my server and this seems to be a good way for VR/OTM to go. I hope they eventually implement it.
For example, a button that allows you to only see items your clan is selling. That will solve this issue entirely. The seller names will of course be provided (as they already are).
Cant fully agree with you on this point due to anyone who does sell drops from their clan makes a new account to sell these drops, as a level 1 account wouldnt be in the clan it would have no clan tag on the ah, along with that the name wont be one that the clan will notice or know.
Rogue - Mecki Level 226
Rogue - Creativity Level 210
Warrior - Private Level 215
Ranger - Level 180+
Worlds - Mabon, Epona and rhiannon

I’ve been kinda on the fence with this but overall I’d be a +1. I love my server but I have to admit the AH is shocking and non plat buyers not in the dom clan are getting ripped off.

I don’t know if others servers have similar characters but in Lugh there’s a player with vast amounts of gold who monopolises chests and lix to sell to non plat buyers and pushes up the costs because noobs etc can’t compete with the amount of gold he has. In this persons mind they’re probably like some kind of cartoon Bill Gates, in most people’s minds it’s just giant virgin behaviour alert. But it does mess up the economy. This is unfair on the noobs of Lugh who have to pay his inflated prices and look at our auction house - a paltry 9 pages of overpriced tat, 100k for mount tokens.

Changing to a global AH would make it more fair for all players to enjoy the game even if they unwittingly get landed on a server where they suffer from massive inflation.

Cant fully agree with you on this point due to anyone who does sell drops from their clan makes a new account to sell these drops, as a level 1 account wouldnt be in the clan it would have no clan tag on the ah, along with that the name wont be one that the clan will notice or know.
That's something even the current ah has problems with and can't be used to take down the global ah.

I also said it solves that entirely because it solves the issues making it global would do. This is not just a global ah issue. It is actually a ah issue and a trading issue. There is really no way to stop this other than a policy that require clannies to give drops to generals right after they drop. Even then, it is hard because what if a general is not online?

This is an issue that has been around since the game existed.

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

Changing to a global AH would make it more fair for all players to enjoy the game even if they unwittingly get landed on a server where they suffer from massive inflation.
Yea, currently the game encourages people to be on a server with many players or a server with no inflation. I feel like a global ah will encourage players to set a price more fairly, and allow new players choose whether they want an active server or an inactive server. Which is the reason why I am +1 on it.

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

I would like to bring up an added function for the lost time lux shop (LTLS). Currently, my server (Sulis) has problems with LTLS nobody is buying anything from the LTLS. Currently, if you don't want the LTLS item you shouldn't buy it because nobody wants that LTLS at that lux shop's price or they would have bought it. So, it is assumed that any item in the LTLS is unwanted by everyone else.

With a global ah, that would not be the case. Another server could want it, but not have access to it for the same reasons the original server doesn't have access to other LTLS items. The good news is that server now does have access to the item from a different server and it is worth the LTLS price or more because the server doesn't have access to it.

I could see people buying items they don't need from the LTLS to help other servers that don't have access to that item. Maybe that could be even more wanted given the tavern is global? Maybe people could start saying "buying blank in ah" and so someone checks the LTLS for that item. If it is there buy it and add it to the ah.

What do you think about this?

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

I would like to bring up an added function for the lost time lux shop (LTLS). Currently, my server (Sulis) has problems with LTLS nobody is buying anything from the LTLS. Currently, if you don't want the LTLS item you shouldn't buy it because nobody wants that LTLS at that lux shop's price or they would have bought it. So, it is assumed that any item in the LTLS is unwanted by everyone else.

With a global ah, that would not be the case. Another server could want it, but not have access to it for the same reasons the original server doesn't have access to other LTLS items. The good news is that server now does have access to the item from a different server and it is worth the LTLS price or more because the server doesn't have access to it.

I could see people buying items they don't need from the LTLS to help other servers that don't have access to that item. Maybe that could be even more wanted given the tavern is global? Maybe people could start saying "buying blank in ah" and so someone checks the LTLS for that item. If it is there buy it and add it to the ah.

This would be a good benefit of a global AH. It also reminds me of an earlier suggestion of some sort of "looking to buy" type of feature to add to the AH. If you knew someone was looking for a certain lux item and it was up at the LTLS, then you'd know you had a great chance of it selling if you chose to buy it.

Sorry im a big fat no against this. There are many reasons why there shouldnt be a global auction house instead of server auction house, and there is NO reason or purpose to change it to one.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

This would be a good benefit of a global AH. It also reminds me of an earlier suggestion of some sort of "looking to buy" type of feature to add to the AH. If you knew someone was looking for a certain lux item and it was up at the LTLS, then you'd know you had a great chance of it selling if you chose to buy it.
I dont wanna be rash but, dumb idea sorry. If a whole server doesnt want an item, why would literally anyone else want an item on different server? All servers except i think 1 are in the same area endgame wise (bt) and most trying Dino. The highly coveted items like huntsman, wyldshrine sun/mountain, reaper, stargem ammys, poacher, hunter ammy, stalker ammy. Those are all always immediately bought cause its either a profit or a good useful item. Those lvl 100 lux items no one uses unless someones hella rich and they just say “why tf not”. Otherwise, no one would u use on one world, therefore no one would use it on any other world. If anything why not have LTLS just reset every 3.5 days. Every wednesday at noon and every sunday at midnight
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn