Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Global Tavern

I wouldn’t mind a cross server auction house in the tavern
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I wouldn't mind either, I think global trade would be a nice thing, and after an initial price shock everything would settle down and it would be beneficial for the game in the long run.

My main point for supporting the castle over the tavern is the fact that there is a reason for most people to come to the castle. If the tavern had a similar demand then I would support it, but as it stands, the tavern won't last long.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

I have merged another topic regarding Global Castle because it evolved into the same type of discussion.

We’ve been listening to what you have to say regarding our global zones (both Castle and Tavern), and we appreciate all the positive feedback as well as the constructive criticism. From the beginning, we wanted to expand our success from the Arena to continue to bring more of the social areas global and allow players to connect with one another across servers. Both the Arena and Tavern are inherently less populated zones, so we wanted the next global zone to be more rewarding which is why we initially selected the Castle. We understand that we were missing some important quality of life features to make populated zones more enjoyable.

For now, we have enabled the Tavern as a global zone. I spent some time speaking to players in game after the reset listening to your feedback and suggestions, and was met with positive reactions to the Tavern. We'll continue to improve performance for populated areas and implement additional features like disabling duel requests, make shouts server-specific, and reduce dice roll spam.

We’re continuing to read, analyze, and discuss your feedback—please continue to post your thoughts in this thread.

I wouldn't mind either, I think global trade would be a nice thing, and after an initial price shock everything would settle down and it would be beneficial for the game in the long run.

My main point for supporting the castle over the tavern is the fact that there is a reason for most people to come to the castle. If the tavern had a similar demand then I would support it, but as it stands, the tavern won't last long.
While having a cross trade might seem beneficial, (Hey, I can trade all my items from my old server to my new server instead of selling it back ) in the long run, it would just lead to a huge imbalance of items between worlds that would ultimately kill off less populated servers.

Why would someone enjoying playing in a world where it’s completely stripped of all high tiered gear because it’s all localized in a different server now?

In terms of the global Castle, I definitely did not agree with it. Interaction between different servers shouldn’t be “forced” and players should have access to all the necessary places (bounty boards, auction houses, etc) without having to participate in a global wide area. Yes, the game is technically a “MMO,” but the huge appeal of the game is not the “massively multiplayer” potion of it and players shouldn’t even forced into one area if they don’t want to. (And yes this includes a significant amount of people)

For players who do want to participate in more global events that doesn’t include just killing each other in arena or tavern, I would seriously recommend some type of cooperative mini game or boss raid “outside” the normal raids done with individual servers/clans. Especially if it has a reward at the end, teaming up with random people from different servers might be an extremely fun thing to do while keeping the uniqueness of every server.

I have merged another topic regarding Global Castle because it evolved into the same type of discussion.

We’ve been listening to what you have to say regarding our global zones (both Castle and Tavern), and we appreciate all the positive feedback as well as the constructive criticism. From the beginning, we wanted to expand our success from the Arena to continue to bring more of the social areas global and allow players to connect with one another across servers. Both the Arena and Tavern are inherently less populated zones, so we wanted the next global zone to be more rewarding which is why we initially selected the Castle. We understand that we were missing some important quality of life features to make populated zones more enjoyable.

For now, we have enabled the Tavern as a global zone. I spent some time speaking to players in game after the reset listening to your feedback and suggestions, and was met with positive reactions to the Tavern. We'll continue to improve performance for populated areas and implement additional features like disabling duel requests, make shouts server-specific, and reduce dice roll spam.

We’re continuing to read, analyze, and discuss your feedback—please continue to post your thoughts in this thread.
Please move the ovens, add more ovens, do something so that an already tedious task is not laggy. It would honestly be best if the “kitchen” was not part of the global tavern at all.
RoyalBratt ~ 230 Ice Mage

Re: Thank you

Yes, overwhelming, especially the feedback in the castle while it was global, but feedback here as well.

Sorry, but you can't count the people who were in the castle during the global castle nightmare as supporters simply because they were present. They were in the castle for other things. If anything, the lack of attendance at the tavern and the arena is the indicator of interest in global areas overall. Even those of you who say you want a global area so badly also state almost no one (including some of you) would go to it unless it was located somewhere you are already going to be. That, too, is an indicator of actual interest.
I can. They were there, so it was a more populated global area. Most people are for the castle, as opposed to the tavern. They just don't like the lag the castle had on launch is all. We don't want the global area to be in a deadzone, because that means there won't be as many people there. Less people contributes to declines overtime, while having more people combats that. Having around 7 pages on global castle launch vs 1 page on global tavern(with more then half of the people cooking), says alot. The tavern is already dead, and its day one. I knew this was gonna happen, just didn't think it would be this quick.
Unless cross-server trading is a thing, I would not like a global castle even if there was absolutely no lag. CH is a multiplayer game, and one of most core factors here is that one of the main ways of interacting with people is through trading, that is how people get geared and help gear others which let them play the actual game. So the fact that an area becomes global just means there are more people who you can barely do anything with. You can't dice, do giveaways, make competitions with prizes, ect., all of which are major ways of interacting with the people on your server. Joking around would not work either since the servers have already been developed so long and unless you play multiple servers often, you would not know the drama or big news happening on your server, and no other server will really care either.
I agree. Even if they fixed the lag, the myriad other issues made the global castle situation a nightmare for players. Between the unreadable rapidly scrolling text, the inability to easily buy/sell with your server, the near-impossible competition to kill gladiators, the overcrowded auction house area, the inability to even see other characters or NPCs in the crowd, and the lack of any tangible reason for cross-server communication in general (like trading), it was not an idea I would like even if there had never been any lag. I know most of the players I talked to about it felt the same way. There was a tangible feeling of dread among my clanmates and others in the castle whenever there was an update coming because the majority did not want global castle to come back.

I will admit, on the other hand, that I am pleasantly surprised with the global tavern. It is not as crowded which actually makes talking to players from other servers and examining other players’ gear and fashion possible. Also, it is not nearly as laggy as the global castle was either. I still don’t really see the point in it, but I don’t hate it.
Well met

Might as well call it Global Cooking because the ovens are over crowded lol
You don’t have to be at an oven to cook. You can cook by talking to any cooking npc and asking them questions. I just checked at two of the three were entirely free.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

Please move the ovens, add more ovens, do something so that an already tedious task is not laggy. It would honestly be best if the “kitchen” was not part of the global tavern at all.
Talk to any cooking npc. Ask them questions. Then ask where to cook. You are able to cook. You don’t need to be at an oven.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

Everyone talking about cross server trading is missing a big consideration when talking about economy shocks and recoveries. This consideration is 1) who gets the negatives from the shocks, and 2) who gets the benefits from the recovery.
In this case, like with almost everything, the two groups are not the same. Servers like Epona will crumble rather quickly as almost all of their loot gets sold off world, as its value is higher overall than what it goes for on Epona, meanwhile servers like Arawn and Rosmerta that are super closed off will benefit heavily since gear will flow in at cheap prices.
In this, epona suffers, arawn and Rosmerta flourish. This is the issue; while yes benefits are seen in the long run, and yes they may be “net benefits,” which I would say all economic evidence would suggest otherwise, but suppose they are, the benefits will be going to servers/players that don’t need them and wiping out other servers/players from access to game gear.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Might as well call it Global Cooking because the ovens are over crowded lol
You don’t have to be at an oven to cook. You can cook by talking to any cooking npc and asking them questions. I just checked at two of the three were entirely free.
+1000

This works like a charm :D
~*~*~*~ Rosmerta ~*~*~*~
|| Ridd || Mage || 228 ||
|| Nyyx || Ranger || 223 ||
|| Phyxius || Druid || 220 ||
|| Snaxx || Warrior || 223 ||
|| Khaleessii || Locker || 190 ||