Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Online bullying how is the best way to deal with it.?

You want to know how to fix it? curse them with the most vile words you know, because they cant tell you what to do, hoped that helped
The OP asked for the best way to deal with it, not the best way to make it worse. I can’t think of a single time when cursing someone out has ever made any situation better, least of all bullying.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

You want to know how to fix it? curse them with the most vile words you know, because they cant tell you what to do, hoped that helped
I’m sorry, but from past experiences returning harmful words with more harmful words has never helped. If anything it makes things worse.
Then that's your problem. *Shrug*
First, if people are bullying with no cause, that is the exact opposite of "your problem".
Second, if you trash-talk, it's not only "your problem", it's also your fault if they continue this behavior in bullying you and/or other people. Don't be a part of the problem.
Bullies are one of those convenient problems in life that you can generally ignore. The block button is a wonderful thing, and if there's someone going out of their way to harass you, take it to a higher authority; complain to support and their clan leaders (if applicable). Most clans value their reputation enough to tell the loudest offenders to knock it off.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

I’m sorry, but from past experiences returning harmful words with more harmful words has never helped. If anything it makes things worse.
Then that's your problem. *Shrug*
First, if people are bullying with no cause, that is the exact opposite of "your problem".
Second, if you trash-talk, it's not only "your problem", it's also your fault if they continue this behavior in bullying you and/or other people. Don't be a part of the problem.
Bullies are one of those convenient problems in life that you can generally ignore. The block button is a wonderful thing, and if there's someone going out of their way to harass you, take it to a higher authority; complain to support and their clan leaders (if applicable). Most clans value their reputation enough to tell the loudest offenders to knock it off.
Yes, exactly. Couldn’t agree more!
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

There is different routes one could take to deal with situations like this.

Since bullies are people too, some tactics might work better against some then others.

Here's the 3 tactic options I recommend.
1. Ignore them - If they aren't ks'ing you, or stealing bosses and its just verbal, you can block them(or don't so you can hear what they say/make sure they aren't misleading people).
2. Try to reason with them - Since they are a person, you can reason with them. Some bullies don't even know they are bullies, and just need to be told so. Some people might have to be threatened with action if they continue, just don't let it turn into a slanderfest or curseout.
3. Stand up to them - Most bullies only pick on people who will allow it to continue. If you make it known that them messing with you is a bad idea, then they will probably learn and respect it. You will have to use your imagination and wits for this one. You can either try to disprove everything they say+maybe reverse it on them, or bring up the situation to the community so the karma hits them. Those are just some examples, not everything to it.

Number 3 is my go-to for everything personally, since I'm not the type to take crap from anyone. It's not because I'm closed minded, in fact I'm very open minded, but if someone tries to put me down they are going to regret it. In lugh, before my main was endgame(back in 2013 not now), I was involved in some drama with people trying to bash me or disagree with me. Basically everything negative that was said to me though, I disproved or fought. When the world later split into two sides that were fighting each other, and I chose one, people from both sides still respected me for not backing down or caving in on anything. Even the leaders of the enemy clan secretly liked me, but it might have been more of a fear thing knowing that if they said anything about me they would be disproven really quickly and look bad as a result of it.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

I like Furyion’s tactics. Probably the best things you can do for the most part in a case of bullying. Only thing I’d like to add, if it’s alright, is that it indeeds take imagination and wit for tactic #4, but also wisdom. It’s very important to do be able to discern if you are standing up to them in a but honest and serious “tone” or just bashing them back. For the most part, people do NOT like to be told when they’re wrong (and in my experience, especially bullies). Bashing back always ends up in chaos. But even if you used a calmer tone and they still don’t apologize, that shows their heart in the matter and then you can know what to do next.

This was just my view and understanding of responses to bullying based on a few years of experience in gaming lol.
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

That sucks to hear Mike. Bullies are basically insecure people who lash out to make themselves feel better. Reciprocating their attitude and tactics just reinforces their insecurities and will make it worse. In the past when I was “bullied”, I used humor to turn it against them, generally self deprecating, because if you are willing to laugh at yourself they really have nothing to make fun of you for. Let it roll off your back, if you can, if not and humor doesn’t work, talk to the chieftain, or report to support. No one should feel bullied in a game, all of us are hopefully here to have fun and escape from RL for a bit.
Be strong man and don’t let them ruin the game for you. Block em all:)

If the bullies r out of clan just individually block them. If it’s in clan then that sucks but I would still block them on an individual basis and approach the leadership about it (as long as they aren’t the bullies of course). As an option I play solo most of the time as it allows me to help, group and chat with whoever I feel like (no clan rules :D) while this can mean u won’t be soloing endgame it does give u the freedom play anyway u want to.
Warrior Anavrin 217
Rogue Instant Tickles 210
Druid JimmyTheGripper 185
Ranger JillTheRipper 190

This may not be the best answer, but it’s what worked for me. When I was being bullied I left my character and started over on another server. It was hard to do but it was the best decision I could have made. I’ve found a great clan with really good people in it.

Another option would be to report these people using the in game support tool, or by emailing support@onethumbmobile.com. Support can look at chat logs, and any screenshots you email them. Please remember to record specific dates/times, and send that with any information you have. And please be patient with supports response time. They have a lot of requests to work through, and will need to do some investigation as well. Emailing them many times will actually make the response time slower.

Good luck to you. I hope you are okay in the meantime. Remember, it gets better!
Moving and starting all over again in a server is not the best option, because you lose everything. You lose your progress, your level, if you spend cash you lose all, your gold, your equipment, weapons and items. And its hard to start again unless the devs will allow server transfer, but im 100% sure they will never implement server transfer. And also theres no guaranteed that these bad players will follow you.
From my personal experience, these players still following me after i quit server DONN and server LIR and move to server TARANIS. They even created clan CONC***** and clan EMP***** in server TARANIS. Naming and shaming is not allowed in forum. After level 100 in server TARANIS i decided to move again to other server because these players keep following me. I choose server EPONA to start again and im shock because they still follow me.
To make my story short, the best way is to ignore them. If ignoring is not the best option, logout if you see them. If theyre persistent and you cant handle them, i guess its time to quit.
But quitting is not an option in a G.O.A.T game.
EPONA
jonleonhart - ranger lvl 150 (2019)
jonlionheart - rogue lvl 124 (2019)

DONN
BlinkDagger - rogue lvl 194 (2017)

Celtic Heroes is a G.O.A.T. Game (Greatest Of All Time)

Moving and starting all over again in a server is not the best option, because you lose everything. You lose your progress, your level, if you spend cash you lose all, your gold, your equipment, weapons and items. And its hard to start again unless the devs will allow server transfer, but im 100% sure, no, im 150% sure they will never implement server transfer. And also theres no guaranteed that these bad players will follow you.
From my personal experience, these players still following me after i quit server DONN and server LIR and move to server TARANIS. They even created clan CONC***** and clan EMPE**** in server TARANIS. Naming and shaming is not allowed in forum. If you check online rankings you will see these 2 DOM clans in server TARANIS. After level 100 in server TARANIS i decided to move again to other server because these players keep following me. I choose server EPONA to start again and im shock because they still follow me.
To make my story short, the best way is to ignore them. If ignoring is not the best option, logout if you see them. If theyre persistent and you cant handle them, i guess its time to quit.
But for me quitting is not an option in a G.O.A.T game.
EPONA
jonleonhart - ranger lvl 150 (2019)
jonlionheart - rogue lvl 124 (2019)

DONN
BlinkDagger - rogue lvl 194 (2017)

Celtic Heroes is a G.O.A.T. Game (Greatest Of All Time)