Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Spirit Pets

Idk...
I feel that spirit is the "premium" mount
and phoenix/dragon/seedling are "premium" pet

If we were to get spirit pets, then the next logical step would be chest battlemounts and I feel that's kinda overkill.

Edit: I feel that phoenix/dragon/seedling are OP enough, I don't think they need a spirit tier, rest of normal pets maybe? but idk still...
Exactly how I see it...
Personally I was glad spirit mounts were done instead of luxury mounts, as spirit mounts can be obtained through bounties and daily log in rewards.
Mounts are weak enough as is though, so spirit buff made sense, I don’t see this as necessary for pets tho.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Yes please and make it cost 6 more eggs/seeds and 128 more pet tokens. That will help the game.
Good thing it’s optional and not a requirement
I know right. Please add.

Good thing killing gele bt and dino is also optional and not a requirement.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Yes please and make it cost 6 more eggs/seeds and 128 more pet tokens. That will help the game.

Been told buying plat items is also optional, thank god for that. Would be a shame if we, or someone who would sell chest content to us, had to buy plat so we could do basic endgame game play.
Bob The God

Lol terrible sarcasm. If you don’t like it then don’t buy it. I personally won’t but if others enjoy that sort of thing then great.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

It's not like they are going to buff the bosses just because they added extra pet tiers or anything. The only place this could possibly affect is the future endgame bosses. Since players are used as judgement for balancing, it could only be buffed from it if enough people bought them. If the average endgame player has a spirit pet, then it is working as intended and there would be no reason to complain about it being too expensive. I see no valid point to be against it. We should have chest battlemounts, and we should have spirit pets. It doesn't make any sense that they are different from each other. On lugh, I can tell you almost no one wants pet tokens, and mount tokens are difficult to buy. Spirit pets would help balance out demand for tokens, and chest mounts would help decrease the reliance on mount tokens.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Lol terrible sarcasm. If you don’t like it then don’t buy it. I personally won’t but if others enjoy that sort of thing then great.
Believe it or not, but CH is a video game .-.
Game, meaning a competition. Game, meaning there is such a thing as “winning.”

While objectively from a nonplayer standpoint, yes no fricken duh, players have a choice whether to buy into a game mechanic or not. On this route though I may as well go as far as to say you have a choice to play or not.
This is all stupid and metadiscussion that’s is entirely irrelevant. I guess next we will be pointing out that because of the way our atmosphere is built currently we can play the game!

Instead let’s make assumptions so this is actually a useful discussion.
1) we all are playing the game
2) we all plan to continue playing the game
I think these are fair .-.

If new content is put in that alters the game’s competitive meta, players if they want to play the game as the game it is... well, they too need to change their game styles.
This means if new heavy hitting content is added players have to go for this under the assumption that if they are playing the game, they seek to well, to put it plainly, play the game....
Bob The God

Man... the most used regular pets at endgame are support pets anyways, like the bunny or the new pig. Everyone else shifted towards phoenixes or dragons as eggs became increasingly more common. Was said that dragons/Phoenixes/seedlings should not receive spirit tiers
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

It's not like they are going to buff the bosses just because they added extra pet tiers or anything. The only place this could possibly affect is the future endgame bosses. Since players are used as judgement for balancing, it could only be buffed from it if enough people bought them. If the average endgame player has a spirit pet, then it is working as intended and there would be no reason to complain about it being too expensive. I see no valid point to be against it. We should have chest battlemounts, and we should have spirit pets. It doesn't make any sense that they are different from each other. On lugh, I can tell you almost no one wants pet tokens, and mount tokens are difficult to buy. Spirit pets would help balance out demand for tokens, and chest mounts would help decrease the reliance on mount tokens.
Not sure how u got from me that making spirit pets would buff bosses. What I said is that like "buying spirit pets/mounts is optional and not a requirement" is some bad excuse to not complain about the idea of 256 tokens pets, its also optional and not a requirement to kill end-game bosses, so by that logic of Zkills, dont complain about end-game bosses at all. Design, lore, loot, balance... Dont kill it if u dont like it. Am I right?

The argument of "dont do it if you dont like it" is probably the weakest argument in history of mmorpg debates.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Spirit pets would be okay if they concentrate on things that have been negatively impacting game play and fixing those first. Nothing is more irritating than seeing something new implemented that is fluff (spirit pets, fishing, etc) when players have been complaining about pvp and pve skills revamping. In other words, I'd like to see the developers actually focus on what the players have been requesting for years instead of coming out with something that doesn't impact game play and told "we'll look at the stuff you really want maybe eventually but here's something for you to spend plat on."
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Spirit pets would be okay if they concentrate on things that have been negatively impacting game play and fixing those first. Nothing is more irritating than seeing something new implemented that is fluff (spirit pets, fishing, etc) when players have been complaining about pvp and pve skills revamping. In other words, I'd like to see the developers actually focus on what the players have been requesting for years instead of coming out with something that doesn't impact game play and told "we'll look at the stuff you really want maybe eventually but here's something for you to spend plat on."
A men .-. I can’t even count how many times in betas I’ve brought up PvP and the threads always get pushed down. No developers look at it, and players involved don’t care so they die...

Pets, new gear, etc... that’s all people seem to care about :roll:
I’m not even a pvper, #glasscannonlife, but it’s fun to watch when I’m bored .-.
Bob The God