Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

While playing CH I got word that one of my clanmates couldn't get to roll on a drop after a boss fight because he didn’t have a good enough Misc item. This wasn’t an isolated incident as apperently he has been denied this privilege before multiple times. Just wanted to know the logic or justification behind this as I can't wrap my head around it. Thanks for any feedback.
Epona
Supernatura1 - Mage - Level: 223+
TaintedBlood - Warrior - Level: 223+
Unnatura1 - Druid - 223+
Paranorma1 - Rogue - 186+
Skeleta1 - Ranger - 115+
Proud General of Anarchy

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

While playing CH I got word that one of my clanmates couldn't get to roll on a drop after a boss fight because he didn’t have a good enough Misc item. This wasn’t an isolated incident as apperently he has been denied this privilege before multiple times. Just wanted to know the logic or justification behind this as I can't wrap my head around it. Thanks for any feedback.
I haven't really played much recently so I probs wasn't there, but usually at higher level bosses you NEED a full set of jewellery and usually there is a level cutoff indicating a minimum level for the jewellery, so at 180, the cutoff may be level 80 (IDK for sure so don't take this as advice, only an example) and if the players misc wasn't lvl 80+ then he will have received no roll as it issued that they can't make much of a contribution towards killing the boss with the current jewellery equipped.

Bit haphazard but hope it helps you to understand the situation in question :)
JDDT lvl 216 ranger
Rogue10 lvl 100+ rogue

----------
Epona
----------

Evil Clowns are always laughing, haha.

I think I understand now, the main issue I can see with that reasoning is that knowing that you won't be able to roll for a drop why bother showing up at all? I believe any damage dealt is good damage, right? As long as you're the same level as the boss at hand surely you will contribute in killing it; regarding dealing damage. Now, I'm pretty sure there is no lack of people showing up to do damage with what people would deem as adequate enough gear to down a boss but it just means that those who have good enough gear will keep obtaining more and more drops. Isn't it better to equip those who have lower gear with better gear? I'm not saying to exclusively gear those with lower-end gear but to at the very least give them a shot at possibly getting some better equipment. I appreciate your response, thank you.
Epona
Supernatura1 - Mage - Level: 223+
TaintedBlood - Warrior - Level: 223+
Unnatura1 - Druid - 223+
Paranorma1 - Rogue - 186+
Skeleta1 - Ranger - 115+
Proud General of Anarchy

I haven't really played much recently so I probs wasn't there, but usually at higher level bosses you NEED a full set of jewellery and usually there is a level cutoff indicating a minimum level for the jewellery, so at 180, the cutoff may be level 80 (IDK for sure so don't take this as advice, only an example) and if the players misc wasn't lvl 80+ then he will have received no roll as it issued that they can't make much of a contribution towards killing the boss with the current jewellery equipped.

Bit haphazard but hope it helps you to understand the situation in question :)
So how does one get better gear if they can't roll for better gear?
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Buy it. Loan it. Whatever, as long as you got it.

I’ll clear some questions up regarding the gear requirement decisions we made.

1st- If an amazing item drops, we don’t want someone who wore bad gear and didn’t do their fair share killing the boss to win it. If they were allowed to roll, let’s say they rolled 100, and I roll 99, they win, but do they deserve it? No. They wouldn’t have contributed nearly as much as I would’ve to that boss.

2cd- We can kill any boss, we don’t need extra damage 99% of the time, so don’t bother to show up if you can’t come prepared. That’s one less person we have to compete with in rolls anyway.

3rd- We don’t particularly keep people from rolling as long as they have adequate gear. If you show up to gele/BT/Dino with a low level item, go home. It doesn’t have to be the best eg gear, just ‘acceptable’ gear. Use your common sense, you should be able to determine what is good gear for each boss.

“How do you expect them to get better gear, if they aren’t allowed to roll?” This is Epona, it is not hard to find fairly cheap decent eg gear, so just get it. Go back to weaker bosses and earn some gold, buy some better gear and come back.
Last edited by YURIAN on Fri May 10, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yurian Stonebow of Epona
Ranger-221
And some other alts of unmentionable levels.

I think I understand now, the main issue I can see with that reasoning is that knowing that you won't be able to roll for a drop why bother showing up at all? I believe any damage dealt is good damage, right? As long as you're the same level as the boss at hand surely you will contribute in killing it; regarding dealing damage. Now, I'm pretty sure there is no lack of people showing up to do damage with what people would deem as adequate enough gear to down a boss but it just means that those who have good enough gear will keep obtaining more and more drops. Isn't it better to equip those who have lower gear with better gear? I'm not saying to exclusively gear those with lower-end gear but to at the very least give them a shot at possibly getting some better equipment. I appreciate your response, thank you.
If we let people with bad jewels take part in bosses because there's "no lack of people" would just make everyone else at raid want to slack too cause they'll think "oh this player can get away with it so can we" n if more players slack it's just going to get worse for us as a server and cause some unnecessary arguments.
Epona:
Prevail ~ 220 Sexy Tank o.o ~

Arawn:
Infurnus~222 Wack Rogue ~