Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

"Account" sharing

I think this has been discussed before, (some time ago) but as of Difinitus' new post, I'm curious. Is having an account on a device and sharing the device with a friend or family member considered "sharing" if only the owner knows the password and others just use the device with it already logged? Also, what is giving an account to someone considered? If someone doesn't play anymore and they give their account to their friend by having them change the password and register their own email it would just be their account.

Re: "Account" sharing

I think this has been discussed before, (some time ago) but as of Difinitus' new post, I'm curious. Is having an account on a device and sharing the device with a friend or family member considered "sharing" if only the owner knows the password and others just use the device with it already logged? Also, what is giving an account to someone considered? If someone doesn't play anymore and they give their account to their friend by having them change the password and register their own email it would just be their account.
I believe in any method of your account being taken over or being used by another people is against ToS. I think they are more leniant with family though but if ur family plays the same toons you do, it can be rlly bothersome to ingame players if they dont know to whom they speak.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

VR has continue the same policy as OTM that led to the need for lockers: place holders. Still the single dumbest thing in CH and the cause for big clans building locker toons-bc the PH system makes crowns and runes too rare for a game of this size. Simple fix is 180 is always a 5 that drops 2, guaranteed a crown or a 6 that drops two. Same w 215. When OTM started the system and this was a sleepy little mobile game w a few hundred folks on ea server, this may have been appropriate. Ending lock toons at 180 starts w VR modernizing the product OTM started by ending the assinine ph system.
GroovyGus, (stalled @) 219 Warrior
Chief of the eternally clueless hodgepodge of noobs, Outliers
Rhiannon

DL is fine now..
There are crowns all over the place..

Even lockers have dl weapons soon.
I’ve also seen an abundance of crowns and think snorri is fine. I think Unox is the only one needing an increase
Ugnar; 224 Warrior
Myne; 200 Rogue
Dyme; 200 Ranger
Ryme; 216 Druid
V1; 190 Rogue

Server:Morrigan
Clan:Havoc

Saying whether there are enough crowns is specific to whatever server you are in.

With that said; the only official pass that has ever been on the forums was from Muldar and it was regarding Clan Banks.

This has come up in discussion from time to time. You are not going to get told that account sharing is okay, no matter the circumstances. There’s no getting around it. If you share accounts you are putting yourself at risk. Accept only the risk you are willing to take. With that said, the VR staff is human. They’ve said they don’t get into the weeds on things that don’t cause issues before.

They do this even though the support queue’s are probably full of account sharing or “my account was hacked by this person I gave the password to” issues. Which is probably ridiculously frustrating because one, you made the decision to share it, and two they explicitly told you not to. And yet they are still going to try to be fair and impartial while attempting to help.

So, support work isn’t free. They have to keep enough staff to manage it. The historical need for support determines the budget they plan for. Imagine, if support didn’t have to deal with all these self-inflicted wounds, more of the budget could go to developer time instead.
Clan Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader

Account sharing creates all sorts of problems with culpability and responsibility.
That being said if every instance of a shared account resulted in bans the game would be dead. Fact of the matter is so many servers rely on shared accounts.

As for family and friends by sharing your device, it’s against TOS still but I don’t personally see an issue in it. It’s more so creating a line for enforcement.

Account selling is what I see to be the real problem.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Are you asking if it's account sharing if they physically use the device (but not play the game) while you are "logged in" to CH? No.

If you are referring to this person actually playing on your account while using your device:
"Would they do something bad on my account?" Unlikely since you know this person and are standing right next to them.
"Could they do something to my account?" Yes.

The goal of my post was to educate players about protecting their account from unwanted access. No, you shouldn't give your friend your device with your account logged in to play because they could steal your account or delete an item. The best way to protect your stuff is to never give your account details to another person, but that also includes letting them play on your account on your device.

Now, I don't really want to get into answering "what if..." scenarios about the Terms of Service but I will answer your last question: Yes, giving your account details to another person, even if you quit, is considered account sharing.