Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Medical Marijuana

Using marijuana doesn't make you an addictive person, what Miss Universe Catriona Gray answered in her Q&A question “I'm for being used in medical use but not so for recreational use. Because I think if people were to argue, 'what about alcohol and cigarettes?' So everything is good but in moderation." Some people used marijuana for medical purposes, as one of the users i found this [link removed by moderator] and i think it is one of the best MJ that can help us when it comes to the medical aspects.

Re: Medical Marijuana

Using marijuana doesn't make you an addictive person, what Miss Universe Catriona Gray answered in her Q&A question “I'm for being used in medical use but not so for recreational use. Because I think if people were to argue, 'what about alcohol and cigarettes?' So everything is good but in moderation." Some people used marijuana for medical purposes, as one of the users i found this [link removed by moderator] and i think it is one of the best MJ that can help us when it comes to the medical aspects.
The charlottes web strain of medicinal marijuana is fairly effective in preliminary studies from what I’ve read, but due to Nixon era policies in the US from the racially motivated war on drugs, research on a federal level is blocked and made needlessly difficult. Thus even though it looks good now, there isn’t enough done to really show the full effects, including side effects, of medication through medicinal marijuana.
Now even though the US is slacking in research for this comeback medicine, countries like Israel are leading the research internationally and have shown some really amazing results on the lines of benefits associated with medicinal marijuana. These are especially noticed in strains, similar to charlottes web, that remove the compounds that get you high and instead focus on the THC oil.

Now on recreational, marijuana is empirically safer on every area for use compared to both alcohol and tobacco. Marijuana even boasts an impressively low addiction rating of 7% (or as one author for the US government puts it “marijuana has an extremely high addiction rate of 7%) Important to note however, Smoking anything produced an elevated risk for lung cancer and emphysema due to the carcinogenic nature of smoke. There have been 0 deaths observed due to an “overdose” on marijuana for starters. This provides a direct counter image to the news headlines of college students at universities around the nation in the US dying from alcohol poisoning or the opioid crisis in the US from prescription opioids.
The only key issue with recreational marijuana usage is with regards to the operation of machinery or vehicles due to the drug (it acts as a chemical agent that alters the chemical balance within the body, so yes, definitionally it is a drug) having an effect on motor skills and cognition. I see this as no different than alcohol, sleeping pills, or plenty of other legal and commonly accepted drugs, foods, and other items that could effect oneself.
Besides the “how is it really worse than alcohol or tobacco” defense for legalizing recreational marijuana, there is also the criminal justice reform approach. From tapes, documents, interviews, and other forms of information, it has been established that the original ban on marijuana and the labeling ad a schedule 1 drug was due to a racist mindset and the goal of using the war on drugs as a way to limit urban diversification and to target minorities under the Nixon administration. Now these mindsets are clearly not appropriate for any large policy, and over time policies have been put in place to try and limit this. For example, removal of stop and frisk policies (policies that could not be shown to be effective anyways by any major study). The issue is that due to the original scope, the policies still carry some targeting and as such there is the issue of an unbalanced arrest rate that could be solved by legalization. Now legalization is in no way the only way, and nor would I argue the best way to accomplish CJS reform, but it would help a little.

The last bit of argumentation I would look towards is regards to Uruguay’s action to decriminalize all drugs. (It seems the mods have removed links, so won’t link any new stories to this, but look it up, its fascinating.) to summarize the results, they saw a large drop in both usage and crime associated with drugs, fewer overdoses, and massive savings in their CJS. This has in large part to do with the economics of illicit goods, a topic I won’t go into depth here because this is a mobile 3D MMORPG game forum and not a research paper :lol: , but the basic idea is that illicit goods carry their own demand that is not representative of actual demand for a product and is usually attached to the idea that the item is hard to come by, whether it is or isn’t. Uruguay decriminalized the drug so if you had under a good amount of it, you wouldn’t be prosecuted. The only thing that was illegal was selling it or trafficking it (as in possession of insanely high quantities). This way for consumers the drugs functioned under a normal supply demand function, even though due to them being illicit the supply stayed low.
This combined with what has been seen SO FAR in Washington state and Colorado depicts an idea of where drug legalization is better than keeping it heavily criminalized. (For example, in Washington they found that teen marijuana usage dropped over time since legalization, and marijuana use overall has fallen as well).
So to summarize, use fell, crime associated with illegal trafficking and selling fell, and tax revenue increased due to the drugs being taxed, and the drugs are safer because they can be regulated.

All in all due to the way the Nixon policies operated there is a A LOT of research that needs to be done, especially by countries with large GDP’s like the US to fully investigate long term health impacts and societal consequences of legalizing medicinal and recreational marijuana. However currently it seems that there is a strong case to be made for legalizing medicinal at the minimum due to the inability to overdose and the wide range of medicinal purposes.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Wow Bob. You impress me yet again.

I got a spam email a couple days ago that sounded pretty much just like this first post. Kudos to you for the reply though :shock:
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Marijuana use dropped because of vaping which infected the youth like the plague. I’d be curious to see an essay on vaping haha

I’ve always used the mindset of putting smoke in your lungs = bad, so I’ll always be against recreational use. Medical use is a different story as there are several benefits and you can use it without filling your lungs with smoke.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Hi anti smoking guy here so i expect many to totally disagree with my opinion. Doesnt faze me what you think of my views :lol: My grandfather died of lung cancer and there is not a person in the world that can change my views on smoking any sort of substance. Recreational use should flat out not be legalised. Nuff said.

Medical purposes is a totaly dif story however. A close family friend was diagnosed with cancer in recent years and medical marijuana helped her out a hell of a lot. If marijuana can be proven to help sicknesses then i am all for legalising the use of it medically. That is the only time i would ever be in favour of legalisation
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

i expect many to totally disagree with my opinion. Doesnt faze me what you think of my views
Welcome to my world lol.

Sorry to hear that about your grandfather man. I just don’t see any reason why anyone would want to fill their lungs with smoke... doesn’t make any sense to me. Same goes for vaping; what could possibly go wrong with inhaling vaporized chemicals. Hmmm
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Ya, like I wrote smoking of any substance increases the likelihood of cancer (not just lung cancer) and emphysema due to the nature and toxicity of what smoke is. Even vaping is unknown as to the health effects of it.
As to recreational use, there are multiple variances on how one can consume the drug, and "smoking a blunt" is just one way of use. In fact, edibles, pills, and nonsmoking alternatives are in a higher demand than joints/blunts are likely due to the fact that smoking anything can cause cancer.
Now, "smoking a joint" is less likely to give you cancer, as the main carcinogenic effect in tobacco comes from the additives they put in, but nonetheless is still linked to cancer.

Disclaimer: Personally I’ve never used marijuana either medically or recreationally, nor do I have any interest in self use
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

If you want to do any drugs recreationally or medicinally I am in favour of it, take money away from Black Market dealers and tax it. But I also despise the people who say 'weed isn't a drug' lol.
That said I absolutely despise smoking, anything. If I wanted to inhale smoke I would burn my house down.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

While yes, the OP is a spam bot (googling their post, you'll find lots of off topic forum links with the same wording), there is a healthy off-topic discussion and bob's impressive reply, I won't lock it and let it continue.

Didn't Colorado have great success with allowing recreational use and imposing strong taxes to it?