Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How long is "very short" in the auction?

I honestly do not like the timer on the auction house anyway. The whole point imo of the auction house is to not only sell an item for you but maybe get more for the item than shouting would get you by having bidding wars. But when a timer is listed people don’t bid up over time instead they wait and watch till last second keeping it as low as possible then snipe bid near last second. This screws over the seller that was hoping to have the item bid up in price.

IMO remove the timer, if you want said item then bid on it and if you get out bid go up your bid. If you want to win you actually have to put your money where your mouth is instead of watching a timer and bidding 1 gold more at last second.
Server: Danu since 2011
Clan - Ascension
Sockthief -- Level 227 Ranger
Siegengine -- Level 182 Warrior
Stinkysock -- Level 180 Rogue

Lol!!! Okay i just want to share my experience in other games that i played. Because i like the way the Admin in that game manage the price at auction house. Its easy to buy and sell in that game. Even a noob can be a merchant in that game. If that game are successful because the Admin are controlling the price, then maybe Celtic Heroes too if they follow. Theres nothing wrong in imitating other games if that makes you succesfull but its VR choice.

Lol again!!! "Its your fault for not paying attention". Eragon said.
Blame others for not paying attention, instead of helping these players for their mistakes.
People are not perfect, sometimes we dont pay attention or make a bad decision.
But if VR will think about controlling the price, then they can prevent players for making bad decision because theyre not paying attention.
I agree that imitating other games is great! I’m a developer, I do that daily :? That being said, this would be a massive project - going through and assigning prices to every item in the game. Unless they wanted to use the selling price of each item, in which case every single boss drop will never be seen on the store lol.

Also, just because this system works for one game, doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for CH.

I think a key thing is what you mentioned...that even a noob could be a merchant. That’s not necessarily a good thing imo. A lot of these game merchants are where they are because of a lot of dedication and perseverance, not to mention a healthy dose of luck. Setting the exact same price for all items when sold on the auction house just doesn’t seem like a good idea to me....it takes all the fun out of it as both a buyer and a seller.

I do blame people for not paying attention (it’s 100% their fault, not the person they bought the item from), but I am also a huge supporter of helping other players out. That’s why I specifically said “ask a friend or a clanmate”. If someone is too arrogant to ask for advice, and makes a mistake, I believe that mistake is fully their fault. However, the smart players learn from that mistake, and move on having learned not to do that again.

Also, if this is only affecting the auction house (which would no longer become an auction house I suppose) then that doesn’t stop people from making the exact same mistakes in normal trades. That honestly seems like the more likely issue imo, where you are actually talking to the person you are buying it from, they may be rushing you along, you may feel too rushed to check the item, etc.

I guess the point I’m trying to make is that idiot-proofing is hard work, and not always completely possible, especially in online scenarios. I agree that having set prices for everything would help with that a lot, but I don’t think it would be worth the major (negative) impact it would have on all the other players. Want to sell your idols 100each because you have an insane amount? Nope, too bad, VR decided 200g each is the price, and now there are 10 other people selling the idols for the same price, the chance of a buyer picking yours by random is quite low. Boss drops would be a lot worse.

These are your example Eragon: you want to sell your idols 100 each because your insane amount. Nope, too bad, VR decided 200g each is the price.... wrong
Admin will control the price depends on the SUPPLY and DEMAND. Thats the rule in auction house that i play in other game.
SUPPLY AND DEMAND... do i have to explain this.

Having set prices for everything depend on the supply and demand would help with that a lot. But still you can shout and trade the old way and not use auction house.
If you dont like the price set by Admin in auction house, you can SHOUT to buy or sell and trade with other players.
Theres a choice, you can use auction house or just SHOUT the old way of trading.

I guess the point im trying to make is idiots are idiot. :lol: joke.
My point is that not all players are SMART ADULT like you, there are some IDIOT KIDs like me. :lol:
But its still VRs choice...
BlinkDagger - Rogue 190+ DONN (meteoric set)

Jonlionhart - Rogue 150+ LIR (meteoric set)

ChronoCross - Mage 150+ CROM (spirit shadow set)

PrinceLelouch - Warrior 100+ TARANIS (darkshadow set)

Celtic Heroes is a G.O.A.T Game. (Greatest Of All Time)

I honestly do not like the timer on the auction house anyway. The whole point imo of the auction house is to not only sell an item for you but maybe get more for the item than shouting would get you by having bidding wars. But when a timer is listed people don’t bid up over time instead they wait and watch till last second keeping it as low as possible then snipe bid near last second. This screws over the seller that was hoping to have the item bid up in price.

IMO remove the timer, if you want said item then bid on it and if you get out bid go up your bid. If you want to win you actually have to put your money where your mouth is instead of watching a timer and bidding 1 gold more at last second.
That is from the sellers perspective. It is rather simple, if the seller wants a certain amount of money for something, they should list it for that price. If it gets bid higher, thats a bonus. Sure, it may hurt the people who start the items at 1 gold, but it is their fault for doing so.

The buyers should have rights too. Yes, we bid on stuff in the hopes of winning, but having a unknown time further reduces the chance of obtaining the item we want to bid on. Buyers should not have to play unrealistic prices in order to obtain what they want, the auctions are a chance to avoid that.
These are your example Eragon: you want to sell your idols 100 each because your insane amount. Nope, too bad, VR decided 200g each is the price.... wrong
Admin will control the price depends on the SUPPLY and DEMAND. Thats the rule in auction house that i play in other game.
SUPPLY AND DEMAND... do i have to explain this.

Having set prices for everything depend on the supply and demand would help with that a lot. But still you can shout and trade the old way and not use auction house.
If you dont like the price set by Admin in auction house, you can SHOUT to buy or sell and trade with other players.
Theres a choice, you can use auction house or just SHOUT the old way of trading.

I guess the point im trying to make is idiots are idiot. :lol: joke.
My point is that not all players are SMART ADULT like you some are IDIOT KIDs like me.
But its still VRs choice...
Eragon's example would happen. As stated before, prices are not frozen or solid, it moves around with the state of the economy. On that note, every economy is different. Chests go for 20-70k throughout the worlds, so you cant really do that or else youd hurt alot of the economies. No person, not even me on lugh, should have price setting power. In literally any case, it would not help trading, only harm it. There is no positives to this, it is the exact opposite of supply and demand.

Ignorance to the system is not an excuse. You can't tell the world to change because you have an issue with something, you have to adapt to the situation at hand. If people are messing up its their fault, no need to blame anyone else. The auction house was made for selling things, if you want to restrict the price, you could be the one shouting. But I will warn you that people will only buy stuff from you when its cheap.

And a sidenote, just because a game is popular doesn't mean its a good game. I played alot of popular games I thought were trash, and I played games no one knows about that are amazing. Its mainly just the adverting and hype companies and players can build up, rarely is it actually about how good the game is.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

I don’t think the time period should be visible to buyers since they can last-minute bid to prevent anyone else from going higher.
A fix to that would be that when a player bids, the timer increases by like 1 to 10 min (it cannot increase past 10 min, example is that when an item is at 1 hr, bidding would not do anything but when bid at 8 min, it adds 2 min). Thus there is a possibility of a bidding war which is good for the seller and the buyer no longer has to constantly be around online just in case someone outbids him at last second when timer is at “very short” but can know when to come to the auction house to participate in the possible bidding war.

Vini, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and evil for evil - Rei Ogami

I don’t think the time period should be visible to buyers since they can last-minute bid to prevent anyone else from going higher.
A fix to that would be that when a player bids, the timer increases by like 1 to 10 min (it cannot increase past 10 min, example is that when an item is at 1 hr, bidding would not do anything but when bid at 8 min, it adds 2 min). Thus there is a possibility of a bidding war which is good for the seller and the buyer no longer has to constantly be around online just in case someone outbids him at last second when timer is at “very short” but can know when to come to the auction house to participate in the possible bidding war.
It would be a hassle that way though.
On the seller side: It would decrease the demand to bid(though with the extra time might cause it to get more bids anyway). And it would also throw off ending times, for people who plan out when they want to relist stuff.
On the buyer side: Bidding would be more about who has the most money, which would hurt the chance element of winning things cheap, which removes one of the important draws of the auction house. Bid wars could last for a long time under this system with certain items/prices(assuming you mean max time=10, and bids below that reset it to 10), and no person should have to endure that stress.

Time increases are a net negative in my opinion.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr