Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: A Beast Awakens

My main topic of that was with regards to the arcane betas and betas before that, I wasnt playing at the time of the CG update and didnt see anything that happened as I was on a break. Betas before that didnt have a lot of changes to drops but did with boss mechanics as the crystals time got changed 2-3times, I was at all of the boss runs during that beta to know. As posted in my msg you replied to I did say Arcane was my last beta so I had no knowledge of anything in the CG beta or anything that was changed.
*Facepalm* if you're gonna get stuff leaked to you directly, what's the point in even saying it? Like, you said you aren't going to show anyone else so... I'm a bit confused man. If you aren't showing it to anyone then did you send it purely to brag? What does that benefit? How does it help anyone to know that you're getting a strategy together to beat boss before it should even be allowed? Tbh, that's kind of just cheating IMO. You weren't meant to do it and you're doing it and bragging about it xD. It's like a prime example of what cheating is, in SAO they called the beta testers "beaters" but that's 100% past that since you weren't a beta tester but enticed someone into sharing with you.
I mean its hardly bragging and its hardly cheating, if knowing information in beta without being a beta tester is cheating then dmn I guess half the people playing the game is cheating, eveeyones human, humans give up information fairly easy tbh no matter who it is while playing games. Im pretty confident most "end game" players know whats coming in the beta. Like every beta theres multiple ppl who leak information. Also when it comes to "bragging" the information was said due to me forming a stratergy on the information i get as said above, ik you may be blind though, but thats hardly bragging, just stating facts son. But although you love to follow rules and be a goody two shoes, ill let you keep complaining
No need to call someone names and be rude because they appear to feel VR's rules should be followed.
Guess, though, you've made known your own willingness (or lack thereof) to follow VR's request that closed beta testers not share info outside the beta group. Wonder if they will remember in the future when they select other beta participants they hope will follow their directives.

*Facepalm* if you're gonna get stuff leaked to you directly, what's the point in even saying it? Like, you said you aren't going to show anyone else so... I'm a bit confused man. If you aren't showing it to anyone then did you send it purely to brag? What does that benefit? How does it help anyone to know that you're getting a strategy together to beat boss before it should even be allowed? Tbh, that's kind of just cheating IMO. You weren't meant to do it and you're doing it and bragging about it xD. It's like a prime example of what cheating is, in SAO they called the beta testers "beaters" but that's 100% past that since you weren't a beta tester but enticed someone into sharing with you.
I mean its hardly bragging and its hardly cheating, if knowing information in beta without being a beta tester is cheating then dmn I guess half the people playing the game is cheating, eveeyones human, humans give up information fairly easy tbh no matter who it is while playing games. Im pretty confident most "end game" players know whats coming in the beta. Like every beta theres multiple ppl who leak information. Also when it comes to "bragging" the information was said due to me forming a stratergy on the information i get as said above, ik you may be blind though, but thats hardly bragging, just stating facts son. But although you love to follow rules and be a goody two shoes, ill let you keep complaining
No need to call someone names and be rude because they appear to feel VR's rules should be followed.
Guess, though, you've made known your own willingness (or lack thereof) to follow VR's request that closed beta testers not share info outside the beta group. Wonder if they will remember in the future when they select other beta participants they hope will follow their directives.
Huh, I havent called anyone names, people are too sensitive in the forums these days, also I am not a beta tester nor in the beta testing group, any information I have isnt known to anyone else but myself and any information that I get is for my eyes only so I dont exactly see an issue here apart from people complaining for no reason. Its not like I am breaking any rules as I am not in the beta and I have not given out information about the beta, where as other people have.
Rogue - Mecki Level 226
Rogue - Creativity Level 210
Warrior - Private Level 215
Ranger - Level 180+
Worlds - Mabon, Epona and rhiannon

It's not really cheating (as cheating is usually understood) to know private beta information, but it's not allowed. If you think it's fine, then please list the names of those who shared information with you. If there's nothing wrong with sharing private beta information, there's nothing to worry about, right? Plus you wanted to make the names and servers public...how about you start with those you know.

Following posted rules is not a bad thing. This is the type of attitude I see a lot from people who share/trade accounts and buy/sell for real life money. They feel like rules are only guidelines, not actual rules that have to be followed. That's not how the world works though...if you do something that is against the rules, there are consequences. Whether or not other people do it is completely irregardless. No one has avoided punishment by claiming "well this person did the same thing and didn't get caught".

VR cannot stop people from sharing information, unfortunately. Obviously they made some wrong choices when picking testers, with any luck they will find out who did share information and either remove them from the beta, or at least prevent them from being involved in any future betas. Same goes for other players...I'm sure VR is taking some good notes on this thread about who may or may not be a good choice for future betas.

Calling someone a "goody two shoes" or whatever else also says way more about you than anyone else.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

It's not really cheating (as cheating is usually understood) to know private beta information, but it's not allowed. If you think it's fine, then please list the names of those who shared information with you. If there's nothing wrong with sharing private beta information, there's nothing to worry about, right? Plus you wanted to make the names and servers public...how about you start with those you know.

Following posted rules is not a bad thing. This is the type of attitude I see a lot from people who share/trade accounts and buy/sell for real life money. They feel like rules are only guidelines, not actual rules that have to be followed. That's not how the world works though...if you do something that is against the rules, there are consequences. Whether or not other people do it is completely irregardless. No one has avoided punishment by claiming "well this person did the same thing and didn't get caught".

VR cannot stop people from sharing information, unfortunately. Obviously they made some wrong choices when picking testers, with any luck they will find out who did share information and either remove them from the beta, or at least prevent them from being involved in any future betas. Same goes for other players...I'm sure VR is taking some good notes on this thread about who may or may not be a good choice for future betas.

Calling someone a "goody two shoes" or whatever else also says way more about you than anyone else.
Sorry, don't think I clarified my position well enough, I appreciate this Eragon cuz you explained what I was trying to say better than I did, I'm a pretty wealthy player and can afford stuff IRL too, heck I'm 16 playing on a $1200 phone that I bought with my own money xD I know it's so tempting to find stuff out prior to release but if the rest of us can wait and respect that VR doesn't want info released right now, why should you(not you, meck) be enticing the beta testers to disclose that information to you, I have millions upon millions, info doesn't cost that much from a beta, people break pretty easily when they see enough gold/chests. Yet, you don't see me getting beta information and to make it worse, you openly say on forums"it's hardly bragging, it's so easy to get the information even though VR doesn't want it out" rarely works out well for you in the end and all you accomplished just now was undoing all the work you did in the other thread, you said "I didn't mean it like that, I only want to help VR" and now in this thread you say "well it doesn't matter what they say since I'm not the one breaking the rules, I'm just asking someone else to do it for me"

The thing is I wouldnt tell devs or mods the names of those who gave me information and the servers theyre all from, its not illegal to share information as this is only a game and not real life, its not something thats going to get me banned as its just shared information and is not at all similar to selling an account or selling gold in game as theyre bannable offences. Also were human, everyone breaks the rules as I am sure you have in the past even if it was intentional, I am not stating to break the rules whenever ppl get the chance but brown nosing isnt a good thing. Im not in the beta test so people are speculating that what I say is true, although I havent actually said any information regarding the beta and what is going to be in the beta.
Rogue - Mecki Level 226
Ranger - Level 180+

Sorry, don't think I clarified my position well enough, I appreciate this Eragon cuz you explained what I was trying to say better than I did, I'm a pretty wealthy player and can afford stuff IRL too, heck I'm 16 playing on a $1200 phone that I bought with my own money xD I know it's so tempting to find stuff out prior to release but if the rest of us can wait and respect that VR doesn't want info released right now, why should you(not you, meck) be enticing the beta testers to disclose that information to you, I have millions upon millions, info doesn't cost that much from a beta, people break pretty easily when they see enough gold/chests. Yet, you don't see me getting beta information and to make it worse, you openly say on forums"it's hardly bragging, it's so easy to get the information even though VR doesn't want it out" rarely works out well for you in the end and all you accomplished just now was undoing all the work you did in the other thread, you said "I didn't mean it like that, I only want to help VR" and now in this thread you say "well it doesn't matter what they say since I'm not the one breaking the rules, I'm just asking someone else to do it for me"
But what does bragging about your wealth mean when it comes to the game and beta testing? I mean why should I pay someone to give me information when I can get it for free? Not everything is about money irl and gold ingame, things get posted on band bc they cant keep their mouths shut, thats not my issue but ill certainly take advantage of that. Wouldnt say its my fault that the wrong players get picked for the beta. But getting back to it, theres no point in paying people to give you information, but I guess my rank helps with being an og and well known accross the servers by rogues, but I understand that you have to pay for the stuff you want. Also I dont really understand what youre saying in your last couple of sentences, "I only want to help VR" which I am doing, ive played for 8 years, contributed to the game with money, time, effort. As of recently I spend 14+ hours playing on some days, so I dont see your point. Also what you quoted isnt something that ive said lol, its not a bannable offence to give out information, I get pms with information about the beta and the drops/mobs in there lmao, upon receieving so I msg back to see what other information they have, damn must mean im making someone break the rules for me even though I never ask them for information from the start or force them to take ss's etc xD kids these days dmn..
Rogue - Mecki Level 226
Ranger - Level 180+

But what does bragging about your wealth mean when it comes to the game and beta testing? I mean why should I pay someone to give me information when I can get it for free? Not everything is about money irl and gold ingame, things get posted on band bc they cant keep their mouths shut, thats not my issue but ill certainly take advantage of that. Wouldnt say its my fault that the wrong players get picked for the beta. But getting back to it, theres no point in paying people to give you information, but I guess my rank helps with being an og and well known accross the servers by rogues, but I understand that you have to pay for the stuff you want. Also I dont really understand what youre saying in your last couple of sentences, "I only want to help VR" which I am doing, ive played for 8 years, contributed to the game with money, time, effort. As of recently I spend 14+ hours playing on some days, so I dont see your point. Also what you quoted isnt something that ive said lol, its not a bannable offence to give out information, I get pms with information about the beta and the drops/mobs in there lmao, upon receieving so I msg back to see what other information they have, damn must mean im making someone break the rules for me even though I never ask them for information from the start or force them to take ss's etc xD kids these days dmn..
You're right, you just happen across the info, that's why you're "getting a video of the new boss soon" lol and I don't have to pay, I made a claim and supported it with an explanation on how I could do it.
Edit: my name is pretty well known across servers too :) idk anyone else who's alt can beat most players in PvP and isn't even 200 yet(minus the eg warrs who are decked out in gear cuz not happening) :) so yeah and I'm an og too if you wanna get technical, been playing since late 2011 on bele.

You're right, you just happen across the info, that's why you're "getting a video of the new boss soon" lol and I don't have to pay, I made a claim and supported it with an explanation on how I could do it.
Edit: my name is pretty well known across servers too :) idk anyone else who's alt can beat most players in PvP and isn't even 200 yet(minus the eg warrs who are decked out in gear cuz not happening) :) so yeah and I'm an og too if you wanna get technical, been playing since late 2011 on bele.
Never heard of you tbh, as im sure youve never heard of me with us both being 2 different classes, also with rogues pvp isnt something we really care about too much, alao I didnt happen to come accross the info, it got pmed to me directly as I knew they were going to be in the beta, they started posting ss's so I asked them if they could send a vid after the beta ends.
Rogue - Mecki Level 226
Ranger - Level 180+