Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Slow but Cheap Leveling?

I returned to game after a long time and I'm having trouble with survivability. At the moment I'm a level 95 mage. My skills are 25/25 ice shards, 24/25 ice blast, 20/25 ice att, 20/20 energy boost, 10/25 energy shield and 10/25 ice lure. I understand fire is the way to go but the firestorm skill is really expensive and would require me to start off with low damage because my fire ability is not that high. I have invested about 300+ in focus points and 100 in vit. As soon as my energy shield is broken the enemies make quick work of me and I don't last very long at all. Because of that I end up wasting a lot of restos that cost me a bit of gold making leveling with elixirs very expensive. Any advice is welcomed.
Epona
Supernatura1 - Mage - Level: 223+
TaintedBlood - Warrior - Level: 223+
Unnatura1 - Druid - 223+
Paranorma1 - Rogue - 186+
Skeleta1 - Ranger - 115+
Proud General of Anarchy

Re: Slow but Cheap Leveling?

I returned to game after a long time and I'm having trouble with survivability. At the moment I'm a level 95 mage. My skills are 25/25 ice shards, 24/25 ice blast, 20/25 ice att, 20/20 energy boost, 10/25 energy shield and 10/25 ice lure. I understand fire is the way to go but the firestorm skill is really expensive and would require me to start off with low damage because my fire ability is not that high. I have invested about 300+ in focus points and 100 in vit. As soon as my energy shield is broken the enemies make quick work of me and I don't last very long at all. Because of that I end up wasting a lot of restos that cost me a bit of gold making leveling with elixirs very expensive. Any advice is welcomed.
Heya!
Your skill set up seems pretty decent and I wouldn’t recommend any real changes there.
Instead I would recommend changes to your stat set up. For leveling it is usually recommend 3 focus to 2 vitality (which for your level would mean 292 focus, 198 vitality).
Now if you are still having trouble surviving I would recommend pumping out some more points into vitality beyond the standard 3:2 ratio as needed.

Another thing that helps with easy mage solo lixing is to use a shield offhand. Your damage suffers but your survival rate goes up by a lot (practically doubles or triples a mages total armor).
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Thank you so much Bob, I actually thought of getting a shield but sadly bought a focus of the seer days before in preparation to level 100. But I will do as you said and make the stat adjustments. Thank you again!
Epona
Unnatura1 - Druid - 223+
Skeleta1 - Ranger - 115+
Proud General of Anarchy

If you already have focus of the seer I would probably keep it. I have a 120 ice mage at the moment as well. Definitely get that vit up if your dying quickly, also when I would level I would test which skill level up would give me the best dmg increase out of all my skill. FB, IS, IB, and IA. Fire attune obviously wasn't worth it. After attune and ice shards I found that upgrading FB usually just gave me more damage. I'm not sure how exactly it works with ice lure, but I think the fire bolt is really worth it to run additionally even with resistance. So after blasting my ice skills the mobs would also have some health left and then start killing me, so I used FB either at the beginning and end to finish off and take a few less hits waiting on cooldown which is a big difference for mage hp. I also use my elks lightning usually right after shards in the opening which slows enough to stop an additional hit. I also have BW on my hot bar, and anytime another skill isn't up I BW at level 1 because there's no point in just standing there for a few seconds when you could heal yourself a bit.

The build I use in my series rags to riches is effective, and does not use consumables aside from xps, and is also full focus with subpar gear. It works pretty good.
Heres a link to the playlist - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8jl8iP ... 1t&index=1
(note, the series is about trading too, if you want to make money, if not skip around for the combat parts, usually toward the 2nd half of each episode)

If you have money, I would not recommend this setup though, as it is based around saving hp/energy and being decently effective while doing so.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

thank you all for this valuable feedback! And yeah I thought of messing around with my skill points but I don't have the level or resources to do that just yet.
Epona
Unnatura1 - Druid - 223+
Skeleta1 - Ranger - 115+
Proud General of Anarchy