Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Rogue or Warrior (End Game) Pls Help

Rogue is unrivaled best dps equally geared on all raids
Not on Necro. You’d always see dps warriors getting kills over rogues (when there aren’t any good rangers) on necro, mostly because of his immunity to psn dmg I believe which takes away arguably the best skill for the rogue. A well geared warrior with full dg can definitely rival well geared rogues with dg on necro, given that slash lure is present of course. Other than that yea. Rogues dominate over warriors in all of carrowmore (besides 200 spider), Hrung, edls, arcane, and cg.

I think warriors are fine as they are. Not too op to the point where they’re out dpsing equally geared rogues/rangers left and right but can still dish out good dmg, which balances well with their survivability/tanking ability. I do think they shouldn’t be receiving more dps capabilities. You always see dps warriors crying for more and more, but when you give more and more to a perfectly fine class you’ll start to see an unfair balance that favors warriors... it’ll be pre Dragonfire update all over again with warriors sitting on top mostly unrivaled... they’ll become the new rogue because who wouldn’t want to be a class that has both the best survivablity and dps. Not to mention they’ll be even more broken if VR ever decides to make more PvP content.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Rogue is unrivaled best dps equally geared on all raids
Not on Necro. You’d always see dps warriors getting kills over rogues (when there aren’t any good rangers) on necro, mostly because of his immunity to psn dmg I believe which takes away arguably the best skill for the rogue. A well geared warrior with full dg can definitely rival well geared rogues with dg on necro, given that slash lure is present of course. Other than that yea. Rogues dominate over warriors in all of carrowmore (besides 200 spider), Hrung, edls, arcane, and cg.

I think warriors are fine as they are. Not too op to the point where they’re out dpsing equally geared rogues/rangers left and right but can still dish out good dmg, which balances well with their survivability/tanking ability. I do think they shouldn’t be receiving more dps capabilities. You always see dps warriors crying for more and more, but when you give more and more to a perfectly fine class you’ll start to see an unfair balance that favors warriors... it’ll be pre Dragonfire update all over again with warriors sitting on top mostly unrivaled... they’ll become the new rogue because who wouldn’t want to be a class that has both the best survivablity and dps. Not to mention they’ll be even more broken if VR ever decides to make more PvP content.
Sigh, warriors ask to lose survivability for more dps and as of right now we lose massive amounts of survivability in order to be considered good dps (don't speak on something you don't even know about) rangers have better survivability than a warrior because of the range, rogues have a tad less survivability because warriors tend to have higher health because of DG giving warriors Vitality. We also ask for gear to be fixed to actually go with the skills we use. Giant swing is in our DG aura and on our only dps offhand. Fixing those small things aren't going to make warriors unrivaled best DPS. Rogues are the best DPS class in the game, all classes should be balanced as DPS and that isn't even close to how this game is.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

Sigh, warriors ask to lose survivability for more dps and as of right now we lose massive amounts of survivability in order to be considered good dps (don't speak on something you don't even know about) rangers have better survivability than a warrior because of the range, rogues have a tad less survivability because warriors tend to have higher health because of DG giving warriors Vitality. We also ask for gear to be fixed to actually go with the skills we use. Giant swing is in our DG aura and on our only dps offhand. Fixing those small things aren't going to make warriors unrivaled best DPS. Rogues are the best DPS class in the game, all classes should be balanced as DPS and that isn't even close to how this game is.
The point is that the warrior has the highest survivability out of any class. Yes rangers have range but when put into a situation up close (which happens often), they’re not so great. Plus the rangers range won’t keep you safe from geles AoEs, bt roots AoE, and the cloaks on both prot and bt which rangers suffer heavily from as they they rely so much on autos. Warriors are generally hp heavy when compared with other classes as their gear favors hp... which means more survivability than other classes, which is why they tend to have weaker dps than rogues and rangers. If warriors can out dps pure dps classes then there’s a problem. If all classes were balanced dps wise than everyone would go warrior and you’ll have the same issue there is now with rogues. The only balancing this game needs is balancing between classes when it comes to leveling (specifically rangers/Druids), not at the endgame level.

I agree the offhand for warriors should boost pummel, but the giant swing on dg makes sense. Imagine how op it would be if it were rupture.. rupture is already imo one of the best melee skills in the game. Instead of completely avoiding giant swing VR should simply fix the skill so people will use.. like buff the damage and then make it unavoidable like sneaky.

And yes I do know what I’m talking about. Understanding how things work/are in this game is not rocket science. It’s a very simple MMO that does not require much thought.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Re: Warrior or Rogue (End Game) (Best DPS ) Pls Help

There’s a lot of subjectivity in application, but warriors can be perhaps the most versatile class (best at tanking, but can still give decent DPS).
Tanking aside, and only comparing between the two classes, warriors could definitely use a bit of work to be on par with an equally geared rogue on DPS. Yes, there are scenarios where warrior can be superior, but on average, it’s rogues for DPS.
The frequently referred to reason is that for some reason warriors get their “top” boosts on skills that kinda suck (looking at you, Giant Swing, Sweeping Blow...).
But it’s not awful, I’m still having fun so I’m not gonna complain (too much).

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

The point is that the warrior has the highest survivability out of any class. Yes rangers have range but when put into a situation up close (which happens often), they’re not so great. Plus the rangers range won’t keep you safe from geles AoEs, bt roots AoE, and the cloaks on both prot and bt which rangers suffer heavily from as they they rely so much on autos. Warriors are generally hp heavy when compared with other classes as their gear favors hp... which means more survivability than other classes, which is why they tend to have weaker dps than rogues and rangers. If warriors can out dps pure dps classes then there’s a problem. If all classes were balanced dps wise than everyone would go warrior and you’ll have the same issue there is now with rogues. The only balancing this game needs is balancing between classes when it comes to leveling (specifically rangers/Druids), not at the endgame level.

I agree the offhand for warriors should boost pummel, but the giant swing on dg makes sense. Imagine how op it would be if it were rupture.. rupture is already imo one of the best melee skills in the game. Instead of completely avoiding giant swing VR should simply fix the skill so people will use.. like buff the damage and then make it unavoidable like sneaky.

And yes I do know what I’m talking about. Understanding how things work/are in this game is not rocket science. It’s a very simple MMO that does not require much thought.
My full DPS warrior runs 6k HP. Would be probably closer to 7k with full DG. Seems to be a common misconception that warriors have a ton of HP even as full DPS. Sure you can equip DPS gear that will net you more vit and hp but then you aren't reaching your full potential of DPS. The only advantage a warrior gets over a rogue and ranger when it comes to survivability is a little bit more hp, something they can get just as well while still having the same DPS of a warrior if not a little better.

Rupture is a great skill but is definitely not a warriors best DPS skill for most bosses. Until DoTs stack then it will always be second to pummel or of course if your lucky enough to be the only warrior using rupture at a boss.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

My full DPS warrior runs 6k HP. Would be probably closer to 7k with full DG. Seems to be a common misconception that warriors have a ton of HP even as full DPS. Sure you can equip DPS gear that will net you more vit and hp but then you aren't reaching your full potential of DPS. The only advantage a warrior gets over a rogue and ranger when it comes to survivability is a little bit more hp, something they can get just as well while still having the same DPS of a warrior if not a little better.

Rupture is a great skill but is definitely not a warriors best DPS skill for most bosses. Until DoTs stack then it will always be second to pummel or of course if your lucky enough to be the only warrior using rupture at a boss.
7k hp with full dg is pretty good lol, especially when you look at the noob curry who has 3k hp when full dps lmao. That extra hp helps to survive through multiple AoEs or get those extra hits in when cloaks are up.

Rupture on its own is what I meant. There was never that many dps warriors on belenus so overlapping ruptures never seemed to be a problem.

7k hp with full dg is pretty good lol, especially when you look at the noob curry who has 3k hp when full dps lmao. That extra hp helps to survive through multiple AoEs or get those extra hits in when cloaks are up.

Rupture on its own is what I meant. There was never that many dps warriors on belenus so overlapping ruptures never seemed to be a problem.
Curry is a noob who literally only stacks damage and attack while neglecting HP lol. He's in my clan and I talk to him about stuff all the time. He could easily give up a small bit of damage and attack to massively increase his HP but refuses to.

While the case with rupture might not have been so prevalent back then it's most certainly not the case now with DPS warriors becoming more of a thing. Rupture uncontested is very powerful and would 100% be the best DPS skill for a warrior, however that is hardly the case.

Any class can survive a boss with 6k hp if they resto spam besides BT, which a lot of people do at bosses because of energy problems already. A little bit more survivability doesn't matter if your not already getting cursed from deaths.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger