Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New item drop locations

#311
Calfor wrote:The question I have is if it caps, and at what point. Because even though it does .86 dmg/point of focus, that’s not horrid dmg if you have, say 10k focus. And will it crit? It’s not the best lux but I could definitely see uses for it.

10k focus .-.
Zkills level 111 warrior, Proud general/last active member of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus.

Zkills, new mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: New item drop locations

#312
Zkills wrote:
Calfor wrote:The question I have is if it caps, and at what point. Because even though it does .86 dmg/point of focus, that’s not horrid dmg if you have, say 10k focus. And will it crit? It’s not the best lux but I could definitely see uses for it.

10k focus .-.


Obviously that’s not possible :). But just saying. If it scales on ice magic ability, that’s completely different.

Re: New item drop locations

#313
SamySamSamBoss2000 wrote:
xXzeemXx wrote:
Furyion wrote:Update, heres what the ring does with 787 focus and 565 ice magic.
The skill is a minute long cooldown and has a 1 second cast time(like real ice shards)

Your ice ability has 0 effect on the damage btw. Its only focus.


If you check the image again the skill specifically says it uses the ice magic ability. I can't quote it and I don't know how to get the attachement myself so you'll have to scroll up. I guess you could check specifically if the ability does increase the damage, but it would make no sens to put ice magic in the description if it had no effect on the skill.

We checked on my server. A mage tried to use the mini lure ring Vs a dg druid with more focus. The dg druid had a stronger lure because he had more focus.

Re: New item drop locations

#314
xXzeemXx wrote:
SamySamSamBoss2000 wrote:
xXzeemXx wrote:Your ice ability has 0 effect on the damage btw. Its only focus.


If you check the image again the skill specifically says it uses the ice magic ability. I can't quote it and I don't know how to get the attachement myself so you'll have to scroll up. I guess you could check specifically if the ability does increase the damage, but it would make no sens to put ice magic in the description if it had no effect on the skill.

We checked on my server. A mage tried to use the mini lure ring Vs a dg druid with more focus. The dg druid had a stronger lure because he had more focus.

It could be that focus has more of an effect then ice magic does, which is how most skills work.
There are some give skills that base off of ability that scale(like the companion skills with novelty)
Though I cant test this out atm.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 190 Ice Mage
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/ecQbSXV

Re: New item drop locations

#315
Furyion wrote:
xXzeemXx wrote:
SamySamSamBoss2000 wrote:
If you check the image again the skill specifically says it uses the ice magic ability. I can't quote it and I don't know how to get the attachement myself so you'll have to scroll up. I guess you could check specifically if the ability does increase the damage, but it would make no sens to put ice magic in the description if it had no effect on the skill.

We checked on my server. A mage tried to use the mini lure ring Vs a dg druid with more focus. The dg druid had a stronger lure because he had more focus.

It could be that focus has more of an effect then ice magic does, which is how most skills work.
There are some give skills that base off of ability that scale(like the companion skills with novelty)
Though I cant test this out atm.


As fury said it's almost guaranteed that foc has a bigger effect than ice magic. So if foc increased the damage by 0.86 (someone posted it earlier) and ability by 0.12 a mage with 2200 ice magic and 1k foc would have less damage than a druid at 1.4 k foc.

Why you couldn't you test it for us Fury? You can't upgrade your ability anymore or something? Or have a piece of gear to use?

Re: New item drop locations

#316
SamySamSamBoss2000 wrote:
Furyion wrote:
xXzeemXx wrote:We checked on my server. A mage tried to use the mini lure ring Vs a dg druid with more focus. The dg druid had a stronger lure because he had more focus.

It could be that focus has more of an effect then ice magic does, which is how most skills work.
There are some give skills that base off of ability that scale(like the companion skills with novelty)
Though I cant test this out atm.


As fury said it's almost guaranteed that foc has a bigger effect than ice magic. So if foc increased the damage by 0.86 (someone posted it earlier) and ability by 0.12 a mage with 2200 ice magic and 1k foc would have less damage than a druid at 1.4 k foc.

Why you couldn't you test it for us Fury? You can't upgrade your ability anymore or something? Or have a piece of gear to use?

I dont have it atm
World - Lugh
Furyion - 190 Ice Mage
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/ecQbSXV

Re: New item drop locations

#317
Furyion wrote:
SamySamSamBoss2000 wrote:
Furyion wrote:It could be that focus has more of an effect then ice magic does, which is how most skills work.
There are some give skills that base off of ability that scale(like the companion skills with novelty)
Though I cant test this out atm.


As fury said it's almost guaranteed that foc has a bigger effect than ice magic. So if foc increased the damage by 0.86 (someone posted it earlier) and ability by 0.12 a mage with 2200 ice magic and 1k foc would have less damage than a druid at 1.4 k foc.

Why you couldn't you test it for us Fury? You can't upgrade your ability anymore or something? Or have a piece of gear to use?

I dont have it atm


You don't have the ring?

Re: New item drop locations

#318
Furyion wrote:
xXzeemXx wrote:
SamySamSamBoss2000 wrote:
If you check the image again the skill specifically says it uses the ice magic ability. I can't quote it and I don't know how to get the attachement myself so you'll have to scroll up. I guess you could check specifically if the ability does increase the damage, but it would make no sens to put ice magic in the description if it had no effect on the skill.

We checked on my server. A mage tried to use the mini lure ring Vs a dg druid with more focus. The dg druid had a stronger lure because he had more focus.

It could be that focus has more of an effect then ice magic does, which is how most skills work.
There are some give skills that base off of ability that scale(like the companion skills with novelty)
Though I cant test this out atm.


That definitely isnt including any abilities, it would be scaling based off of your focus, a massive amount of focus is good but focus that scales above average but below insane with the help of abilities will buff the skill higher than just a block of focus
Ascension

226+ Rogue
221+ Mage
160+ Warrior
220+ Mage
190 Locker
160+ Druid

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Re: New item drop locations

#319
Shivahh wrote:
Furyion wrote:
xXzeemXx wrote:We checked on my server. A mage tried to use the mini lure ring Vs a dg druid with more focus. The dg druid had a stronger lure because he had more focus.

It could be that focus has more of an effect then ice magic does, which is how most skills work.
There are some give skills that base off of ability that scale(like the companion skills with novelty)
Though I cant test this out atm.


That definitely isnt including any abilities, it would be scaling based off of your focus, a massive amount of focus is good but focus that scales above average but below insane with the help of abilities will buff the skill higher than just a block of focus

The lure ring scales with abilities but its very minuscule when comparing to how much it scales with focus.
Proud to be the Biggest Noob in crom :)
(Warrior) Heroskill: 191 - retired

Herne
(Druid) DemDruidsDoe - 221 (Totem Build Druid)



---> https://myanimelist.net/profile/Heroskill <---

Re: New item drop locations

#320
Heroskill wrote:
Shivahh wrote:
Furyion wrote:It could be that focus has more of an effect then ice magic does, which is how most skills work.
There are some give skills that base off of ability that scale(like the companion skills with novelty)
Though I cant test this out atm.


That definitely isnt including any abilities, it would be scaling based off of your focus, a massive amount of focus is good but focus that scales above average but below insane with the help of abilities will buff the skill higher than just a block of focus

The lure ring scales with abilities but its very minuscule when comparing to how much it scales with focus.


I can't really understand what you were trying to say shivahh, but using the numbers I tried above shows how it's possible that a combination of foc and ice magic could get a smaller effect than just foc even with ice magic boosting the skill.

and you guys tested the lure ring for ability boost heroskill?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests