Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Convert a brown war bear to silver

I have a level 3 brown bear. As I understand it, I can only turn this into mount tokens, not back into hunter's favors. Now that I have 14 hunter's favors, I'd like to get a silver level 4 mount. So if there were a two to one transfer back to hunter's favors, this would work out. As I understand it, though, I can only get two mount tokens for the level 3 bear but I need 4 to get a level 1 silver bear to upgrade. If I spent more hunter's favors to upgrade the level 3 brown bear to a level 4 only to ultimately get a level 1 silver, then I am throwing away 4 more tokens. Seems that I need to just convert the level 3 bear to mount tokens, sell them, and work on getting more hunter's favors. Or am I missing something?

Re: Convert a brown war bear to silver

I have a level 3 brown bear. As I understand it, I can only turn this into mount tokens, not back into hunter's favors. Now that I have 14 hunter's favors, I'd like to get a silver level 4 mount. So if there were a two to one transfer back to hunter's favors, this would work out. As I understand it, though, I can only get two mount tokens for the level 3 bear but I need 4 to get a level 1 silver bear to upgrade. If I spent more hunter's favors to upgrade the level 3 brown bear to a level 4 only to ultimately get a level 1 silver, then I am throwing away 4 more tokens. Seems that I need to just convert the level 3 bear to mount tokens, sell them, and work on getting more hunter's favors. Or am I missing something?
Yes, the upgrade from 3rd tier to 4th is less efficient than selling a 3 back for tokens and starting a new tier 4.
In general the only 2 worthwhile routes are tier 1 (to get basic stats and speed for most efficient price) and tier 4 (going the extra mile to get the extra boost (and spirit mounts look cool)). Only real reason to get tier 2-3 is cosmetic lol; that is, you want a black bear to match your fash etc. as you'd be less-efficient than tier 1 and would be losing time/money if you were taking that route to tier 4.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Re: Convert a brown war bear to silver

If the game were changed so that Bounty Vendor Leigh the Sturdy would also accept mount tokens, I'd only lose the expected 1/2 investment. As to which color to go with, it seems that one bit of logic would be to go for the one that matches your typical acquisition of Hunters Prizes. If I just go with the flow at this point, I can trade in my level 3 to get two mount tokens, then trade those in for a grey bear (2) and then just proceed with the grey model. Or I could trade the brown in for the mount tokens and sell those for gold. Then I'd be free to select silver (4) bears from then on. Seems like planning for the very distant future and a spectral bear suggests going that route. But I might pass away before amassing enough hunter's prizes.