Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Direct dmg to sharpshot

In a game where an extremely large amount of your damage is RNG based (flux,crit,evades) it’s often hard to tell the difference between gear especially when diminishing return basically makes all stat based gear utterly useless after a point (with dg and good supporting gear your most certainly past that point)
I wish ability points minimized flux on mobs depending on stats.
For example: 2200 ability means average flux (where average is x) on a 220 mob, whereas 5000 ability means average flux on the 220 mob becomes (y, whereby y is related to x by some function).
I wish ability points had more involvement than just providing a small damage bump for casters and more attack for melee, especially skill abilities. Why can't skill abilities actually determine attack? before ability points were added to gear it made sense, because cap ability was whatever your level was *10, but with ability gear... why not?

meh
._.
Disagree on the flux, would actually be extremely overpowered if the minimum flux value was significantly higher for only one class based on ability, especially when mages generally have the highest damage per hit values.

That being said there is no reason why skills have no way whatsoever to control their evasion rate. Mele get attack on their primary form of damage and caster get shafted once again.
World: Gwydion Clan: Relentless

Krumz~220+ Mage
Krums~220+ Dps Druid

Retirement dident work out for me .-.

In a game where an extremely large amount of your damage is RNG based (flux,crit,evades) it’s often hard to tell the difference between gear especially when diminishing return basically makes all stat based gear utterly useless after a point (with dg and good supporting gear your most certainly past that point)
For example: 2200 ability means average flux (where average is x) on a 220 mob, whereas 5000 ability means average flux on the 220 mob becomes (y, whereby y is related to x by some function).
I wish ability points had more involvement than just providing a small damage bump for casters and more attack for melee, especially skill abilities. Why can't skill abilities actually determine attack? before ability points were added to gear it made sense, because cap ability was whatever your level was *10, but with ability gear... why not?

meh
._.
Disagree on the flux, would actually be extremely overpowered if the minimum flux value was significantly higher for only one class based on ability, especially when mages generally have the highest damage per hit values.

That being said there is no reason why skills have no way whatsoever to control their evasion rate. Mele get attack on their primary form of damage and caster get shafted once again.
Abilities affect skills landing rate.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

meh
._.

Why would the minimum flux value be significantly higher only for mages? If ability reduced the flux it would do so for all classes and skills, and everyone has the same opportunity to get a high ability.

meh
._.

Marginally due to initial design, but just like skill crits it’s based on mob level rather than their defensive stat (instead of attack defense style).
Back in tower aileron and many other tanks took time testing 100s of shield bashes with melee combat ranging from 2200-6000 and found no statistically significant difference. There was a slight bump noticed with the 6000 over the 2200 but it was so small they couldn’t say if it was flux or not.
Once ability hits a mobs level it’s basically 109% accurate in eyes of the game, everything over technically helps but it’s so little that by time you have 2x the level of ability you may be landing 110% instead of 100%, 3x you are looking at maybe 115% if that.

As for what Krum said, this could easily be changed and edited to balance based on gear available to classes in an effort to balance it out. The way I see it, there isn’t a reason to assume new additions, if any, are just going to be one blanket change. Any change added needs to be different depending on class and subclass to reflect gear and play styles, this is no different.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I thought fluctuations were changed to 70-100% back in the update where the reduced the xp curve to make it easier to level. Though I could be wrong but I remember otm mentioning this ;-;
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Dont alot of items have the saying it “Adds UP TO this amount of dmg” so everytime the skill is cast that is affected, it isnt affected same way?
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

Dont alot of items have the saying it “Adds UP TO this amount of dmg” so everytime the skill is cast that is affected, it isnt affected same way?
Ya. If it says increased by X then no flux on the additional, so it would be skill hit * flux formula + added damage, otherwise it’s skill hit * flux formula + added damage * flux formula.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Marginally due to initial design, but just like skill crits it’s based on mob level rather than their defensive stat (instead of attack defense style).
Back in tower aileron and many other tanks took time testing 100s of shield bashes with melee combat ranging from 2200-6000 and found no statistically significant difference. There was a slight bump noticed with the 6000 over the 2200 but it was so small they couldn’t say if it was flux or not.
Once ability hits a mobs level it’s basically 109% accurate in eyes of the game, everything over technically helps but it’s so little that by time you have 2x the level of ability you may be landing 110% instead of 100%, 3x you are looking at maybe 115% if that.
Hasnt muldar or another otm staff member said that skill abilities do not increase chance of skills landing awhile back?

http://dragonsouls.gamerlaunch.com

It's just damage fluctuation. That's why it doesn't stay consistent despite hitting a mob with 0 resistance. Fluctuations range between 60 and 100% of maximum damage.
50%-100%
1 word: Fluctuation
50-100% like crim said.

It's 60-100%.

This was also proven in a video done by Furyion a little while ago.
World - Sulis
Clan - Toxic

H3ROsRogue - lvl 220 rogue
H3ROsRanger - lvl 200 ranger
H3ROsMage - lvl 220 mage
H3ROsDruid - lvl 220 druid
H3ROsWarrior - lvl 200 warrior
H3ROsLocker - lvl 190 rogue

Can't imagine losing kills to a ranger in 2019.