Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Pay to Win

They should do it more often. Out of the games I've played from the playstore this game is the BEST. Nothing hinders your movement, no ads thrown in your face, and not expensive to buy into platinum occasionally. Great game compared to other games that are pay to win.
Not gonna lie, this game is 100% pay to win.

Re: Why does the game never advertise?

They should do it more often. Out of the games I've played from the playstore this game is the BEST. Nothing hinders your movement, no ads thrown in your face, and not expensive to buy into platinum occasionally. Great game compared to other games that are pay to win.
I agree that the game is pay to win in the sense that it is nearly impossible to progress past midgame without using premium items...but you personally don’t really have to pay...someone else can, and then sell you the stuff for ingame gold. Sure, it’s easier if you buy it yourself, saves time farming, but it still is possible to do well without paying a cent.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I agree that the game is pay to win in the sense that it is nearly impossible to progress past midgame without using premium items...but you personally don’t really have to pay...someone else can, and then sell you the stuff for ingame gold. Sure, it’s easier if you buy it yourself, saves time farming, but it still is possible to do well without paying a cent.
So simply put, not at all.

It is possible to achieve the best gear and even own shop items without spending any real currency, and many of our high level players do that.

It is possible to achieve the best gear and even own shop items without spending any real currency, and many of our high level players do that.

I hate when people say its pay to win, i know someone who has 200m just merching, other than the fact that most endgame players dont even buy plat, they jus farm their way to lvling, its not hard to make 2-4k for an xp, then depending on ur server u either work for ur gear or dice, lot of the top players dont even spend money, i personally started spending money at endgame due to the joy it brings me, not becuz i need it but simple becuz i enjoyed the game so much i didnt feel bad in investing for extra stuff, chests defo make the game easier fot lvling and getting to endgame but you for SURE dont need chests to win, and if ur talking abt spirit mounts and pets, i dont Even have a mount and i get s word ton of kills on most raids, as far as gear 100% of it is from bosses

Edit: keep in mind if vr just stops selling things:chests then the game wud jus stop lol/ no updates

Another edit: you can buy the things ppl pay irl money for using gold

Ways to make gold- farm hawkhursts (2k+ ea)- farm bounty pledges ( 1-2k+ ea)- merch ( alot ,most rich players do this )- fish( idk, ik someone who apparently)makes 1-2m a week)- cook( alot if u start selling baras and train ability)- boss( 2-7k on lower bosses ig, eg bosses like 12k+)
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Op killer lvl 221 rogue

Legacyte 220 tank

Withered tree 215 druid

Azraell 181 locker ranger

And there’s best in slot items that are only available through plat so I’ll always consider the game p2w unless that changes
You don’t need hotbar slots to go far. Assuming that’s what you’re saying. Sure it makes things a lot easier, but you definitely don’t need it to reach the top. Unless if the top for you is being the best possible dps/healer/whatever you can be, but even then it wouldn’t be pay to win because you’re not necessarily winning anything significant over other players that gives you an unfair advantage.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

And there’s best in slot items that are only available through plat so I’ll always consider the game p2w unless that changes
You don’t need hotbar slots to go far. Assuming that’s what you’re saying. Sure it makes things a lot easier, but you definitely don’t need it to reach the top. Unless if the top for you is being the best possible dps/healer/whatever you can be, but even then it wouldn’t be pay to win because you’re not necessarily winning anything significant over other players that gives you an unfair advantage.
Hotbars needed to hotswap, hotswapping needed to compete at EG and Midgame.
The game is pay to win, but not everyone has to pay, but someone somewhere does. Everyone assumes that just because a game needs people to pay some money in it somewhere it is a bad game. How does this make sense? The game has to stay afloat somehow...
CH is pay to win, if no one pays the game collapses from the players side. This isn’t a bad thing though and I’d argue CH is reasonably balanced. Not everyone has to pay, only a small portion do, and overall anyone can get to EG without paying.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I hate when people say its pay to win, i know someone who has 200m just merching, other than the fact that most endgame players dont even buy plat, they jus farm their way to lvling, its not hard to make 2-4k for an xp, then depending on ur server u either work for ur gear or dice, lot of the top players dont even spend money, i personally started spending money at endgame due to the joy it brings me, not becuz i need it but simple becuz i enjoyed the game so much i didnt feel bad in investing for extra stuff, chests defo make the game easier fot lvling and getting to endgame but you for SURE dont need chests to win, and if ur talking abt spirit mounts and pets, i dont Even have a mount and i get s word ton of kills on most raids, as far as gear 100% of it is from bosses

Edit: keep in mind if vr just stops selling things:chests then the game wud jus stop lol/ no updates

Another edit: you can buy the things ppl pay irl money for using gold

Ways to make gold- farm hawkhursts (2k+ ea)- farm bounty pledges ( 1-2k+ ea)- merch ( alot ,most rich players do this )- fish( idk, ik someone who apparently)makes 1-2m a week)- cook( alot if u start selling baras and train ability)- boss( 2-7k on lower bosses ig, eg bosses like 12k+)
It depends on your definition of pay to win. Also if you consider dragons, they are seemingly the undisputed best dps pet in the game. Can't say I know from personal experience, but that's what everyone tells me. Is it possible for someone to get one without using platinum, yes... I think. But you can only "buy the things ppl pay irl money for using gold" if someone else pays real money to get it for you. Simply put, it is impossible to realistically get premium items if no one spends real money to get them (for you).

I personally don't like to call this game ptw but I do like to say it's pay to win faster/easier/more efficiently/insert applicable adverb here.

Hotbars needed to hotswap, hotswapping needed to compete at EG and Midgame.
The game is pay to win, but not everyone has to pay, but someone somewhere does. Everyone assumes that just because a game needs people to pay some money in it somewhere it is a bad game. How does this make sense? The game has to stay afloat somehow...
CH is pay to win, if no one pays the game collapses from the players side. This isn’t a bad thing though and I’d argue CH is reasonably balanced. Not everyone has to pay, only a small portion do, and overall anyone can get to EG without paying.
Hotbar slots only cost 3 plat. Getting 60 plat from a random chest from the AH is more than enough. Or free plat. Now if hotbar slots were only obtainable by spending straight money, that would be p2w. Same with lixs and other basic plat items. If it cost straight up $$ and was player bound it would be p2w. Just imagine what we have now vs what it would be if lixs were bound to plat buyers and only they could use them... that’s basically what a p2w would look like

You’re not gaining a significant advantage over others that do pay because obtaining plat items is so incredibly easy in this game without spending a dime. It’s more pay to speed up the horrible grind.

OTM did a very nice job at keeping this game non p2w, while keeping players around to spend money.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

actually you’re dead wrong because even to level up at high levels it requires 4x times for experience rate so let’s say I am level 224 and it takes approximately four experience elixirs for 10% of a level plus other potions as a bonus that means 4×15 minutes equals one hour one hour× 10 is 10 hrs meaning 40hrs a level endgame, but this doesn’t include the need for haste’s, hp, energy, and other elixirs so really it’s more like 40x2 being 80 hrs a level. Sure it’s endgame but even at a lower levels it is required to use experience elixirs and if you were a player that says you can do it up to 220 without elixirs then obviously you’re using auto clicker on blue stacks. I suggest you try actually playing your own Game before actually making claims it’s not paid to win and you spend your money on platinum and see where it gets you. I’ve played this game for years and I can tell you it is paid to win. So please don’t pretend that it’s not paid to win, you need restore some potions you need efficient luxury items the only reason people are able to level up is because there are platinum buyers because if there wasn’t nobody would have potions to level up such as 4 times for experience rate or times five. I’ve played this game for years and I can tell you it is paid to win. So please don’t pretend that it’s not paid to win, you need restore some potions you need efficient luxury items the only reason people are able to level up is because there are platinum buyers, because if there wasn’t any platinum buyers people wouldn’t have potions to level up such as times 4 for experience rate or times five. If there weren’t people buying chests there would not be efficient amounts of leveling. Know if you added things such as food that increased your experience rate by eight times for then it might not be paid to win. But seeing as it requires so much experience elixirs it is paid to win and don’t you dare disagree because it is. Leveling up to endgame without any experience elixirs is not realistic in this game. How about you try and see how long it takes you but I know you won’t because I’m sure you have a life. If you really believe it is not paid to win how about you remove the experience elixirs and chests from the app and see where it leads. I bet you many people would quit because there wouldn’t be any real way to level up multiple characters.

actually you’re dead wrong because even to level up at high levels it requires 4x times for experience rate so let’s say I am level 224 and it takes approximately four experience elixirs for 10% of a level plus other potions as a bonus that means 4×15 minutes equals one hour one hour× 10 is 10 hrs meaning 40hrs a level endgame, but this doesn’t include the need for haste’s, hp, energy, and other elixirs so really it’s more like 40x2 being 80 hrs a level. Sure it’s endgame but even at a lower levels it is required to use experience elixirs and if you were a player that says you can do it up to 220 without elixirs then obviously you’re using auto clicker on blue stacks. I suggest you try actually playing your own Game before actually making claims it’s not paid to win and you spend your money on platinum and see where it gets you. I’ve played this game for years and I can tell you it is paid to win. So please don’t pretend that it’s not paid to win, you need restore some potions you need efficient luxury items the only reason people are able to level up is because there are platinum buyers because if there wasn’t nobody would have potions to level up such as 4 times for experience rate or times five. I’ve played this game for years and I can tell you it is paid to win. So please don’t pretend that it’s not paid to win, you need restore some potions you need efficient luxury items the only reason people are able to level up is because there are platinum buyers, because if there wasn’t any platinum buyers people wouldn’t have potions to level up such as times 4 for experience rate or times five. If there weren’t people buying chests there would not be efficient amounts of leveling. Know if you added things such as food that increased your experience rate by eight times for then it might not be paid to win. But seeing as it requires so much experience elixirs it is paid to win and don’t you dare disagree because it is. Leveling up to endgame without any experience elixirs is not realistic in this game. How about you try and see how long it takes you but I know you won’t because I’m sure you have a life. If you really believe it is not paid to win how about you remove the experience elixirs and chests from the app and see where it leads. I bet you many people would quit because there wouldn’t be any real way to level up multiple characters.
As I stated previously, all of those are obtainable without spending money.

You can use Fyber and IronSource to obtain Platinum. You can buy chests for Gold from other players, which have a chance to obtain Platinum. Even fishing has a chance to obtain Platinum.