Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: That Epona Drama

Well, there is no KSing going on. Maybe some kids did that but the Epona community doesnt support or encourage that at all. The blacklisting/banning means that the person (or in this case, clanmember) are not allowed to roll at bosses. I cant see the difference from any dom server. Its not like anyone can get a piece of the loot just because they touched a mob being killed.

If someone feels they being KSed or harassed they can report it to OTM.

Think people stirring this up to something bigger than it really is.
Except 7th Son said it was openly discussed and KSing was openly happening.
Openly discussed as in a few ppl mentioned it in a public chat and others then thought it was acceptable. This has since been corrected and this kind of behavior is denounced.
220 Druid SupremeDruid

I was unaware that it was brought up by a troll. Those who were participating in mob ksing have been talked to. My previous message has been edited to take out that statement.
Epona
BloodMoon (White Frostbringer's Hat)
221-Ranger

Avarina (Black Frostbringer’s Hat)
210 Druid

StormySeas
220 Fire Mage

Additionally regarding the new players cant know the rules. We understand this and this is why they may continue playing normally immediately after leaving the clan. The leader has gone to great lengths to shield his members from speaking with the epona community. This blacklist was not a spur of the moment decision. We originally sought to speak to the leader (who does know the rules we set up) and asked to talk with him about it. He is an xfer (unknown origional server) who has stated he is here to take over the server. Simply put epona womt let this happen. Instead of resolving any of these issues he literally made a paragraph in his clan chat "declaring war on the epona elite". (I kid u not)
Naturally epona sees this as a threat to its play style we have all worked hard for and many have transferred here to experience. So we have come together in an attempt to exclude them from our server bosses to stop them from trying to dominate the server. Our methods of excluding them from bosses as well as actively working to inform any members we can has had an incredibly positive turnout and we intend to continue doing to until the clan is dissolved. Again, any and all members (except the leader) are encouraged to leave the clan and continue enjoying epona's unique playstyle immediately after leaving. Their leader has broken many of the rules we have agreed to and has manipulated his members to unknowingly do the same. We do not fault them for this look forward to enjoying all this game as to offer with them following this ridiculous situation that the leader has created.
Last edited by SupremeDruid on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
220 Druid SupremeDruid

Who are these leaders?
Name "shaming" is against the forum rules so no one will post it. I assume they are on wechat, and I don't see why people wouldn't pm it to you. (I personally don't know the list.)

Think of Epona as a big dom server that just has different name tags above peoples heads because they dont like eachother and can’t get along and dont want to be in the same private chat groups as eachother. Makes it easier. Think of being blacklisted as “Not in the giant dom clan” and anyone out is lock battle competition. Starts looking like all the other servers very quickly. No hate though since the system is OK. Think of grom as out of the big dom clan because they wanted to be dom instead.

And think of rolls as their method of drop distribution because no one in their right mind would do dkp for all those people.

It has been openly discussed by the endgame players of Epona and we have decided that it is in our best interests to snuff out the threat of Gomorrah before it begins to be an issue. This includes open killstealing of any boss or mob a Gomorrah member attempts. After all, wouldn’t you prefer to buy a fire extinguisher before the fire starts? Anyone that continues to stand behind the leaders of Gomorrah has the possibility to be issued a permanent server ban if the endgame community sees this punishment to be fitting. Epona has long-established server rules, and any attempt at overthrowing the system we have in place is a threat to the wellbeing of the players of the server.

With that being said, any player who was invited to Gomorrah without knowing the history of the leaders will be given the chance to leave the clan with no consequences.

I hope this clarifies things.
So you guys openly violate TOS because somebody you don't know may be somebody you don't like for whatever reason? Devs allow that over there?
Excellent question. Technically, specifically focusing your attention on making the game unpleasant for players solely because of the clan they are in should count under bullying/harassment. It's even worse if you are actively encouraging others to bully/harass as well.

I understand the desire to do it to a couple select individuals that have a long standing history of being jerks (it's still wrong, but it's an understandable reason). However, doing it to random players that may be new to the game and don't know these server rules makes it seem like CH has a very toxic community, and puts the entire game in a bad light.

I think it's great that Epona has server-wide rules that the players created and uphold. However, keep in mind that Celtic Heroes is an open game...forcing players to abide by rules - that they did not necessarily agree to and may not even know about - with threats and interfering with their gameplay should be treated as every other offense in the game.

The idea of forcefully stopping a problem before it even begins is a tricky one that I'm not even going to go into.

*Disclaimer, I do not play on Epona, my knowledge of the server is limited to what I see on the forums - topics like this*
This is literally what almost every dom clan that I've seen does. They all play innocent to make epona look bad so people will move to their servers instead and make them grow but they suck tbh. Our don't clan literally griefed us at 170 a few days ago just cuz we won a 6* lock battle and their excuse was "we'll make sure it doesn't happen again" like no, it shouldn't happen at all if you're gonna be dissing epona. On fingal, Everytime there's comp, a ban, grief, and vocal war breaks out. Clans race to get shared/bought toons banned, they race to grief one another to prevent them from growing, and they constantly argue and cuss one another out. If we're going to diss epona then let's bring stuff into light. What happened on Sulis when there was comp? The grief war happened. On belenus it wasn't bad tbh, eles and Ron were sorta civil, on Lir, emps griefed our comp clans non stop lol it happens over and over, don't make it seem like epona is breaking some unforgivable rule that everyone else follows cuz truth is most others don't.

I figure I'll add a little extra context since your post Proteus', not trying to restart the whole discussion but if it is I don't see it as necessarily bad so here I go.

As far as I've understood it goes like this. Epona is one big dom clan and any one who is black listed is "kicked from the clan". [edited] was kicked from the clan for scamming so now he won't be grouped by the clan (Epona) making it basically impossible for him to gear up. Now [edited] makes an alt and starts a clan, perhaps so when enough players reach a high level they can down bosses and gear themselves (including [edited]) or maybe because he want's to control all bosses and prevent any one in clan Epona from gearing up and thus becoming the dom clan. I suppose nobody truly knows why [edited] made the clan but apparently he announced it was for the second reason. So, since Epona's "clan" rules are that anyone who groups someone not in Epona clan for bosses gets kicked (they will likely get warned first, but ultimately they are blacklisted). So, anyone in Gom clan (lead by [edited] alt) is also kicked from Epona. Only as long as they stay in Gom however.

Interestingly, the general consensus in Gom was to group anyone at bosses even if there was no need for their toon to help down the boss. Gom also did have an interesting clan message warning that the Eponian elite had declared war on it and to get ready for the oppression. Also, that by remaining strong together no one would be able to destroy Gom. Which was ultimately true. The clansman of Gom didn't seem to have any intention of trying to dom the server, as for [edited] nobody truly knows his intentions either. Technically I don't see how Gom could be accused of trying to dom the server (which is another of Epona's rules anyone who tries to exclude others from bosses and control the boss drops would also be kicked) and none of the clan was really high enough level to help and group any kicked/black listed players at bosses but Epona decided that any players in Gom might help and group kicked players in the future and so black listed the clan.

And there you have it, Epona as a dom server. Of course the difference with other servers is that every one is a part of the dom clan (or at least had the chance to) without having to be in the same clan as everyone else, with the opportunity to play with anyone you like (or at least almost anyone) and create have your own rules if you like only having to abide by a few of "Epona's" rules. (admittedly they maybe similar to some other clans rules but they are definitely on the light side.

So you guys openly violate TOS because somebody you don't know may be somebody you don't like for whatever reason? Devs allow that over there?
Excellent question. Technically, specifically focusing your attention on making the game unpleasant for players solely because of the clan they are in should count under bullying/harassment. It's even worse if you are actively encouraging others to bully/harass as well.

I understand the desire to do it to a couple select individuals that have a long standing history of being jerks (it's still wrong, but it's an understandable reason). However, doing it to random players that may be new to the game and don't know these server rules makes it seem like CH has a very toxic community, and puts the entire game in a bad light.

I think it's great that Epona has server-wide rules that the players created and uphold. However, keep in mind that Celtic Heroes is an open game...forcing players to abide by rules - that they did not necessarily agree to and may not even know about - with threats and interfering with their gameplay should be treated as every other offense in the game.

The idea of forcefully stopping a problem before it even begins is a tricky one that I'm not even going to go into.

*Disclaimer, I do not play on Epona, my knowledge of the server is limited to what I see on the forums - topics like this*
This is literally what almost every dom clan that I've seen does. They all play innocent to make epona look bad so people will move to their servers instead and make them grow but they suck tbh. Our don't clan literally griefed us at 170 a few days ago just cuz we won a 6* lock battle and their excuse was "we'll make sure it doesn't happen again" like no, it shouldn't happen at all if you're gonna be dissing epona. On fingal, Everytime there's comp, a ban, grief, and vocal war breaks out. Clans race to get shared/bought toons banned, they race to grief one another to prevent them from growing, and they constantly argue and cuss one another out. If we're going to diss epona then let's bring stuff into light. What happened on Sulis when there was comp? The grief war happened. On belenus it wasn't bad tbh, eles and Ron were sorta civil, on Lir, emps griefed our comp clans non stop lol it happens over and over, don't make it seem like epona is breaking some unforgivable rule that everyone else follows cuz truth is most others don't.
I call bs on fingal. Some of the little guys will do things like drag adds and shout rude stuff on occasion l, but you won't see anybody in moo doing that, period. Griefing war...bs. no need for it or even a false sense of the need if your clan can kill proteus without a tank while your "comp" can't manage it with one.

I call bs on fingal. Some of the little guys will do things like drag adds and shout rude stuff on occasion l, but you won't see anybody in moo doing that, period. Griefing war...bs. no need for it or even a false sense of the need if your clan can kill proteus without a tank while your "comp" can't manage it with one.

He likes to trash talk Fingal and the players and complains how bad it is but for some reason stays on Fingal.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue