Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

N00b Plat Question

I started playing this game on Valentines Day (about a week ago) and I have fallen in love. Really enjoy the game and happy to support the product by spending some cash and purchasing plat. So my question: How should I spend my $50/1600 plat as a new player?

Some current info:
-Playing a Druid on Epona server
-Around level 60 at this time
-Spending a lot of time waiting for Energy Regen, despite putting ~10+ pts in meditate.
-Bringing some friends irl to the game and I am ahead of them, so not in a rush to level for end game at this time.
-I have like...no place to put anything in this game... Probably need bank space first thing?

Thanks for the info!

Re: N00b Plat Question

I started playing this game on Valentines Day (about a week ago) and I have fallen in love. Really enjoy the game and happy to support the product by spending some cash and purchasing plat. So my question: How should I spend my $50/1600 plat as a new player?

Some current info:
-Playing a Druid on Epona server
-Around level 60 at this time
-Spending a lot of time waiting for Energy Regen, despite putting ~10+ pts in meditate.
-Bringing some friends irl to the game and I am ahead of them, so not in a rush to level for end game at this time.
-I have like...no place to put anything in this game... Probably need bank space first thing?

Thanks for the info!
Welcome to Celtic Heroes! I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the game so far!

I would highly recommend investing in a bunch of bank and backpack expansion slots to combat that space issue you have. Probably enough for 50-100 backpack spaces total, and at least that much in your bank...stuff piles up quickly. As a druid, you also will want to buy a bunch of energy sigils. Those will increase your out of combat energy regen by quite a bit. You could see if there's anything else you want to pick up in the store...books of alteration can come in handy if you want to swap around your skills at some point, even in the future (you can also get them by doing daily bounties).
The one thing that I definitely would not recommend purchasing is any amount of gold. The gold amounts that you can purchase with plat have not been updated since 2011. The game has come a long way since then....back in the day, 100k was a very high amount of gold...now there are items in stores that are 8 times that price.

Aside from those items, I'd suggest buying the seasonal event chests and reselling them to other players to boost your gold reserves. You could also use them yourself if you want, but depending on your luck, you will likely find yourself with a bunch of semi-useless things like fashion tokens or elixirs (which would be much cheaper to buy from players). You would need an Epona player to tell you what prices to sell chests for...but most servers tend to sell for 30-60k (depending on how quickly you want them to sell).

If you do buy chests and resell them, and get a load of gold, be careful how you spend it. A lot of people like to spend their gold on fashion, which is great...but getting lux gear is more important, because that actually impacts your gameplay positively.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

So, as far as I’m aware getting chests and then selling them is apparently the best way. - wait for a second opinion on this

Now for some side line help:

Energy Regen ,
As a Druid putting 10 points in meditate is a HUGE LOSS at that level

That’s 3 points in strike
3 points in vines
2 points in touch
2 points in another skill

That’s TOO MANY points

With gold you can get from selling plat items I suggest 3 great items for the low tier druid

Energy sigils - expensive oof but nice boosts

Heroic amulet of Energy (if u want health regen Aswell buy vigor) great item for low tier druid

Masters grimore - costlyish but boosts all your skills and provides Energy Regen.

Any other problems ?
Buy heroic energy lix , but I doubt you will have problems after a hero Ammy and a masters grim

As for bank space, u could buy expansions with plat or gold depending on how much you have leftover after whatever you buy

This really helped. Thank you both. My big takeaway is to look at lux items and get my energy fix from them. Going to get some gold and pick up grimoire and heroic ammy to fix my energy issue. Then apparently I need to reset skill points and not put any in meditation.

So to get gold I need to buy the snowfall mystery boxes and put them on AH? I just searched Epona AH and don’t see any for sale. Is that normal?

You don’t necessarily have to put them on AH, just sit in castle and continuously shout that you’re selling chests. It may take some time but you will eventually get buyers. I don’t know how it is in your world but it usually doesn’t take long for chests to sell.

Hi Maddict, welcome to Celtic Heroes and the Forums!

The first thing I did on my druid with Platinum is bought some inventory expansions, and Mystery Chests (I opened a couple and got nothing good), then sold the rest to buy some luxury gear which helped a whole lot during leveling!

Hey, glad your enjoying the game. I'm also on Epona, currently Durst Andreas lvl 90 mage and only active member of the GrimLegion (at least as far as I can tell, though I still play with a friend who used to be clanie). I don't know if you found this, but it's been impossible for me to get into a good/active clan (not that I've been trying that hard but I have been trying). Not exactly a newb as I had a higher level toon before (aka rogue) on Taranis but I couldn't get him back. Anyway now I'm a mage newb at least and I figured I'd share what I've found most helpful.

For plat I think I'd recommend getting sigils, like more than anything. (Except if your going chests to sell for gold). So far on Epona they've been going for the biggest gold to plat ratio (though idk about chests) at the auction I haven't seen them for anything less than 2k a sigil. Some one told me they were selling for 5k, at first I though it must be a crate, but now I figure he must have meant per sigil. As a mage I probably spend half the time in combat and half running around so if I could get 40 sig for less than a hero ammy it would probably be worth it, and as a druid since hp doesn't matter the more energy the better :). But that could just be mage mob killing time, I'm not sure. It seems to me that sigils are better, but if you want to do the math or have someone do it for you I would recommend that. If your grouping with your buds, it's probably even better to go sigils as you can have your vines and energy tick at the same time. Focus and ability/skill boosting amulets also better imo even at low levels

Master's grim is one of the best low level lux though. I would not buy an alt book as there are at least two you can get from quests if you haven't got them already, which aren't that hard. One is from the druid in catacombs and the other is during the tam lin quest. As for bank expansions you only need a few, I got five and have barely used half of the space, and if you can get a lot of gold from chests sell those and then get expansions for gold (if it's cheaper). Sell your junk to stoneval bericus or shalemont/OW (if it's closer) lux vendors to get the most gold for it.

Forgive me if I come off as an amateur optimizer... But I've found that mismanaging your gold, or plat can really mess you up early game and really give you a boost if you do it well, and popping elixirs... That's just a bad habit to get into.

Thanks everyone. I have inventory space now. I sold some chests for gold and got a heroic amulet of energy. Holy crap what a difference! That item alone solved my energy issues and allows me to actually play the game without substantial downtime.

I would like to mention for any future n00bs like myself who find this post: Do not initially sell your mystery chests to the players shouting in town! As soon as I posted my mystery chest on AH, a couple of shouters started spamming me with messages about selling to them for 25k. One told me I was not going to get more than that and I should cancel my auction and sell to him. I told him to bid on ah or go pound sand. Ended up selling for much more than he was offering on ah. If I had just sold to the shouters for quick cash I would have missed out on thousands. Seller beware!

It must of already been mentioned but the starter pack is pretty good for the expansions. Other than that the chests and reselling is the best option. Don't buy the sigils from the plat store, u get a better deal from players at the auction house. Then just spend the gold from the chests on things that u need only. Well this is what I do anyway and it works well for me