Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Solo Class

No to rangers because for one, they’re squishy and light heal won’t save you all the time. Two, they have terrible dps skills so fights take longer than they need to especially if you’re always trying to spam light heal to stay alive, which then sucks up all your energy

Rogue is too plat heavy, energy is an issue and fairly squishy

Mage is too plat heavy, I’m leveling one right now and I need to spam restos just to stay alive against harder mobs.

Druid... don’t even think about it

Warrior is still by far the best option, hands down. Since you aren’t rushing to level and don’t plan on raiding or getting into that endgame stuff, than you’re perfectly fine running a hybrid build. Warriors have good armor and deal good damage, you could either run with a dps offhand or a shield if you feel like you need more survivability. With a few regens/lux items you should be fine.

As for a previous comment, you can definitely go far into endgame. Definitely choose the server Epona if you don’t plan on raiding as you can buy raid gear, most other servers don’t allow that. Epona also has a really good economy so you can buy things like exp elixirs for 1.5k a pop. If you don’t choose Epona, you still have the 200 lux shop/ and the CG lux shop(s) and armor shop that’ll serve you well. Warrior Occult also isn’t that bad.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Does Epona have a built in special rule set or community made? Everywhere I read it says Tanaris is the go to server for population and economy, but after reading the Epona board the rules seem better. Is the economy there just as good?

Does Epona have a built in special rule set or community made? Everywhere I read it says Tanaris is the go to server for population and economy, but after reading the Epona board the rules seem better. Is the economy there just as good?
Both have a good population of players and both have a good economy (atleast I think taranis does). Epona is far more established though so finding items in the market would be much easier, plus Epona has a lot more higher levels than taranis I believe. Yes Epona has rules that everyone on the server agrees on

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Looking for a class that suits my play style the best. Completely casual, maybe an hour or two a night if I get the chance. Don't plan on raiding or spending plat. Not looking to speed level, but want to be able to solo without struggling. I want to be able to solo the hardest mobs possible without having to spend tons of plat or potions. Was thinking either Druid or Ranger possibly? Any advice from experiences players is appreciated.
Going by what you are saying I would suggest either a warrior or a druid, although rangers can be converted to a paladin style class (although you lose massive amounts of DPS in doing so). I recommend warrior or druid as EG loot is fairly noncompetitive and base level gear works well enough to accomplish the basic goals of the class as compared to say rangers, rogues, or mages where EG gear upgrades are really needed to play fully at EG.
Furthermore, warrior and druid armor drops are usually fairly common due to low player count in these classes, with druids being the easiest to gear overall across the game. This balances out in that druids are usually considered the slowest to level (although natures touch and bark make them pretty easy) whereby warriors are fairly easy to level due to their moderate leveling burst DPS and their heavy armor and defensive stats.

Overall all classes in this game can fit the description you create, well except for rogues... Pick the class you enjoy and you can play it anyway you want to!
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Lack support skills
Warriors: not squishy unlike all other classes and that's a really big advantage, but it has no way to heal yourself or allow for regen (like bolas and root) that other classes cannot.

Squishy
Rangers: they can bolas, lightheal, entangle good dps but it's squishy. You can't bolas every boss and if you miss bolas you're gonna panic.

Lack dps
Druids: squishy yes, but you have enough support skills to keep yourself alive like natures touch, shield bark, root etc, however it's dps isn't that great.

Rogues and mages: squishy glass cannons without enough skills to keep you alive.

It depends on your preference, but these are the pros and cons
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

Rangers: they can bolas, lightheal, entangle good dps but it's squishy. You can't bolas every boss and if you miss bolas you're gonna panic.
I want to point out that Rangers do have a nice backup if bolas misses though. If you stay on top of re-bolasing the boss as soon as the skill is off cooldown, because of the 15 sec cooldown and 30 sec duration, missing only one bolas will only result in getting hit a couple times by the boss before you can re-bolas it. If you don't even want that, just hit the boss with longshot right as it expires, and it will last long enough for bolas to cast.

Rangers do struggle against ranged enemies though, or if you miss multiple bolas casts in a row...they ain't perfect. Your class descriptions are spot on though.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Lack support skills
Warriors: not squishy unlike all other classes and that's a really big advantage, but it has no way to heal yourself or allow for regen (like bolas and root) that other classes cannot.
Warriors don’t really need to regen, atleast with my experience with them. My first toon was a warrior and I ran a hybrid sword build (2012-2014), loads of fun and regen was never really an issue. If you’re using a shield with protective stance it more than enough makes up for the lack of heal/regen capabilities. With regen lux you should be fine as I said earlier.

My main reason for the thread was which classes can solo the biggest and baddest mobs that are able to be soloed, I should have been more specific. Thank you for all the replies on which classes solo the best. Leveling speed is no problem for me though. I don’t care how long it takes to get to end game, I just want to be able to solo hard mobs as a form of self accomplishment.

My main reason for the thread was which classes can solo the biggest and baddest mobs that are able to be soloed, I should have been more specific. Thank you for all the replies on which classes solo the best. Leveling speed is no problem for me though. I don’t care how long it takes to get to end game, I just want to be able to solo hard mobs as a form of self accomplishment.
Soloing bosses isn't really something any classes can do, at least not the baddest ones. Soloing bosses though I would recommend a ranger or a warrior.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger