Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Defence

What give "armor"?
- Armor lowers the amount of damage you receive from normal attacks (not skills).
- Defense lowers the chance of enemies hitting you with normal attacks (not skills).
- Attack increases the chance of your attacks hitting enemies.
- Evasions decrease the chance of enemies hitting you with skills (there are different types of evasions for different types of skills).
Correction, armor lowers the amount of damage you receive from all physical damage. This includes skills as well as autos.
Your armor stat counts as your physical resists. For example if you have 782 armor, you will also have a base crush resist of 782, a base slash resist of 782, and a base pierce resist of 782. Any gear (like those old braces) that add crush resist gets added to the resist count, but in terms of how the game treats it, this counts as higher armor for that one type of damage. For example, if you have 782 armor, and a 100 slash resist brace, your total armor remains the same at 782, but when you get hit by any form of slash damage, whether skill or auto, it is as if you have 882 slash armor.
Think of armor as physical resists. They function identically to elemental resists.

as proof, have a warrior pummel you with and without armor on ;) or with and without shatter (as shatter removes armor and as a result physical skill damage is less nerfed).

-in short, armor decreases how much physical damage you recieve from skills, autos, and falling coconuts.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

What give "armor"?
- Armor lowers the amount of damage you receive from normal attacks (not skills).
- Defense lowers the chance of enemies hitting you with normal attacks (not skills).
- Attack increases the chance of your attacks hitting enemies.
- Evasions decrease the chance of enemies hitting you with skills (there are different types of evasions for different types of skills).
Correction, armor lowers the amount of damage you receive from all physical damage. This includes skills as well as autos.
Your armor stat counts as your physical resists. For example if you have 782 armor, you will also have a base crush resist of 782, a base slash resist of 782, and a base pierce resist of 782. Any gear (like those old braces) that add crush resist gets added to the resist count, but in terms of how the game treats it, this counts as higher armor for that one type of damage. For example, if you have 782 armor, and a 100 slash resist brace, your total armor remains the same at 782, but when you get hit by any form of slash damage, whether skill or auto, it is as if you have 882 slash armor.
Think of armor as physical resists. They function identically to elemental resists.

as proof, have a warrior pummel you with and without armor on ;) or with and without shatter (as shatter removes armor and as a result physical skill damage is less nerfed).

-in short, armor decreases how much physical damage you recieve from skills, autos, and falling coconuts.
Thanks for the correction! When I was replying, I was trying to give a super simplified answer. Thanks for fleshing it out a bit :). It can also be hard to tell what type of damage each mob skill deals.

In general terms, armor protects you from normal mob attacks and some skills. ;)
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Basically, it is half the use of dexterity but it is there for the warriors.
I don't know about the other classes but i'm sure that the warrior class has the most defence when it comes to armour (warrior's armour has the most defensive stats against meelee and range) that is why some people say adding a lot of dexterity is like drinking water underwater.
But it is worthless against mage attacks.

I don't know about the other classes but i'm sure that the warrior class has the most defence when it comes to armour (warrior's armour has the most defensive stats against meelee and range) that is why some people say adding a lot of dexterity is like drinking water underwater.
All are worthless against mage attacks
All shall bow to the all mighty destruction of mage attacks
All hail the mages!!!

*cough* *cough*
I’m alright
Mages! Ya!
Bob The God

All hail the mages!!!

*cough* *cough*
I’m alright
Mages! Ya!
Rangers have a good defence against mage, I'm used to the combat formula of runescape and it seems like it is the same here, range is strong against mage but weak against meelee.
I believe that the mages are weak against either projectiles attack or stab/ piercing attack depending on their armour and equipment

All hail the mages!!!

*cough* *cough*
I’m alright
Mages! Ya!
Rangers have a good defence against mage, I'm used to the combat formula of runescape and it seems like it is the same here, range is strong against mage but weak against meelee.
I believe that the mages are weak against either projectiles attack or stab/ piercing attack depending on their armour and equipment
In short, it is not the same here.
Mages and druids actually have the most “spell attack evasion” from armor (by which I mean, armor pieces that give these bonuses, not that armor stat causes this), warriors have the most “physical attack evasion” from armor, and I believe rangers and rogues have wounding attack evasion but may be wrong.
PvP isn’t really a thing in this game (unfortunately), and at EG it is the tanks job to have a decent assortment of resists between all types of damages to take the brunt of what the boss throws.
Bob The God

All hail the mages!!!

*cough* *cough*
I’m alright
Mages! Ya!
Mages and druids actually have the most “spell attack evasion” from armor (by which I mean, armor pieces that give these bonuses, not that armor stat causes this), warriors have the most “physical attack evasion” from armor, and I believe rangers and rogues have wounding attack evasion but may be wrong.
PvP isn’t really a thing in this game (unfortunately), and at EG it is the tanks job to have a decent assortment of resists between all types of damages to take the brunt of what the boss throws.
Not speaking about the Pvp mechanics in this game, I have seen many mobs which attacks in physical atracks, range attacks and mage attacks.
A mage can become an mage tank, only tanks mage attacks especially on low level areas, warriors can be the punching bag if they had an fine attack levels and strength with high vitality, warriors need to change their armour and jewellery many times if they were planning to become an all time punching bag and the obvious part is, warriors can't become an exact all time punching bag meaning that a mage can be an mage that tanks out mage creatures.

Not speaking about the Pvp mechanics in this game, I have seen many mobs which attacks in physical atracks, range attacks and mage attacks.
A mage can become an mage tank, only tanks mage attacks especially on low level areas, warriors can be the punching bag if they had an fine attack levels and strength with high vitality, warriors need to change their armour and jewellery many times if they were planning to become an all time punching bag and the obvious part is, warriors can't become an exact all time punching bag meaning that a mage can be an mage that tanks out mage creatures.
Mages can’t tank mage creatures either. 1) if they move to a full vit build which is necessary to survive magey mobs as well as any boss mob, they lose any chance of getting aggro 2) mages suck at surviving direct mob assaults :lol: we are called glass cannons for a reason ;)
On the other hand warriors are designed to be the game’s tank class. They have elemental resists that are equal or higher than other classes (if you look at gear you will see elemental resists are pretty much constant), and thus no class has an advantage in surviving elemental damage, however warriors have access to higher vit gear, gear with defense, and overall have the skill set to acquire aggro and to block attacks that no other classes have.
Bob The God

Mages can’t tank mage creatures either. 1) if they move to a full vit build which is necessary to survive magey mobs as well as any boss mob, they lose any chance of getting aggro 2) mages suck at surviving direct mob assaults :lol: we are called glass cannons for a reason ;)
On the other hand warriors are designed to be the game’s tank class. They have elemental resists that are equal or higher than other classes (if you look at gear you will see elemental resists are pretty much constant), and thus no class has an advantage in surviving elemental damage, however warriors have access to higher vit gear, gear with defense, and overall have the skill set to acquire aggro and to block attacks that no other classes have.
Yeah but the armor and the jewellery are an end game content with an unbelievable prices but I guess you are correct.

Yeah but the armor and the jewellery are an end game content with an unbelievable prices but I guess you are correct.
it seems unbelievable at the start, but when bosses drop 14k gold etc, it becomes a bit more realistic. I won't say its still easy to afford, but to me 200k is poor :lol:
Don't worry, you'll get there yourself!
for the first 100 or so levels things are pretty much even between the classes, but once you get out of what I call the game's "tutorial," the differences between the classes becomes quite apparent, especially once players acquire warden and meteoric armor.

keep with the game and you'll see :) believe it or not the game gets easier the further in you get.
Bob The God