Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Griefing

I would say that is a very poor way to attempt griefing at Gelebron. One of the main objectives is to keep it the crystals down. As soon as they spawn they get pounded on and dispensed with immediately. So anyone attacking them is a blessing!!
Warrior level 222 (Main) - XxIvanhoexX
Ranger level 223 Razorback
Rogue level 190 PHEON1X
Mage level 220 (Ice) Xul Darkstorm
Mage level 191 (Fire) Xul Lightstorm

Ancient Arrow - Level 221 Ranger (Belenus)

I'd say it fits right in the middle of the extremely hazy rules around griefing. Feel free to report the players for doing it, but I sincerely doubt anything will come of it...especially not a permanent ban. If it's a constant issue, where the same player is at every single Gelebron kill, constantly knocking the freeze off of crystals but not doing anything else (the character is only at that location to interfere), Support may do something. But if it only happened a couple times recently because someone was upset about something that someone else did to them, then Support likely won't do much.

Players get upset, it happens. If people got banned for every annoying thing they do, there would only be a handful of people let in the game. Try and work it out and see why they are doing it, or if it's a big deal, report them using the ingame tool (not the forums please) and let Support deal with it. If this is just a threat (based on your "if a rival clan was to attack" it kinda sounds like someone threatened to mess with your kills) and you just want an affirmative answer here so you can reply with a "go ahead, but I'll report you and you will get banned" then you won't get that.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

From what I’ve seen in the past, players who grief bosses using exploits can get banned (running through walls, etc).

If they’re doing standard griefing techniques (dragging adds, using longshot, stopping freeze), I don’t think there is a set punishment.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

From what I’ve seen in the past, players who grief bosses using exploits can get banned (running through walls, etc).

If they’re doing standard griefing techniques (dragging adds, using longshot, stopping freeze), I don’t think there is a set punishment.
^ never seen someone get banned for using game mechanics to grief

I'd say it fits right in the middle of the extremely hazy rules around griefing. Feel free to report the players for doing it, but I sincerely doubt anything will come of it...especially not a permanent ban. If it's a constant issue, where the same player is at every single Gelebron kill, constantly knocking the freeze off of crystals but not doing anything else (the character is only at that location to interfere), Support may do something. But if it only happened a couple times recently because someone was upset about something that someone else did to them, then Support likely won't do much.

Players get upset, it happens. If people got banned for every annoying thing they do, there would only be a handful of people let in the game. Try and work it out and see why they are doing it, or if it's a big deal, report them using the ingame tool (not the forums please) and let Support deal with it. If this is just a threat (based on your "if a rival clan was to attack" it kinda sounds like someone threatened to mess with your kills) and you just want an affirmative answer here so you can reply with a "go ahead, but I'll report you and you will get banned" then you won't get that.
Eragon is right. Their would be no player base left if they banned everyone for dragging adds, killing mobs near boss, or allowing a boss to heal (necro) or (pyrus). Even I'm guilty of some of this, although most was purely accidental
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

^ never seen someone get banned for using game mechanics to grief
If it’s done consistently by a certain over a longer period of time with the sole intention of making the game unenjoyable for a specific person(s), then VR will likely (should, in my opinion) step in. Regardless of whether the player in question is using completely fair game mechanics, if they are being misused to target someone, there is likely to be some sort of consequences.

That may or may not be the situation here though. If this is simply a clan war situation, where the other clan leadership is fully aware it’s happening and doesn’t want to stop it/encourages it....then I’m sorry. Your only choices are to push through it, or else fight fire with fire and grief them back. Both only end badly for the nicer people on the server....trust me. VR is not likely to (and shouldn’t, in my opinion) step into clan wars. That’s for the players to work out themselves.

All that being said, in my experience, drama is usually blown way out of proportion...a complaint about “he’s ksing me” is usually because the complainer did something to offend the other person, that other person bugs the first person for a short time, then all settles down.
As an aside to that, there are 2 sides to every fight. I know of some cases where player A reported player B for insulting and toxicity...but in the end, player A was banned instead of player B, because in Support’s investigation, they realized that player A had been way more toxic in communications than player B was.

If there is an issue, try looking for the cause, and get it fixed.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

If you feel that some one is griefing you and your clan, you can report it to our Support Team. If the team finds evidence of this, most likely the player will receive a warning depending on how many previous infractions that player has.